Next five years

The way things ended last year, the way recruiting has gone, competition in conference and the fact that we havn't hit a string of bad weather gamedays, I can't help but think that NU is going to represent the Big 12 North in the dvisional championship game the next 4 out of 5 years, possible five.

Mizzou - Simply can't put together a whole season. Plus QB is gone.

ISU - Lost a ton of players

KST - There rebuilding will take longer, this is Nebraska

KSU - Got Lucky!!! :lol:

come on... i know we want the big 12 north every year, but it would have been another loss anyways. I definitely think we should control the north in the next few years. I don't know why there should be much negativity towards the coach's right now. They had a rough year, but they seem to be getting better and better. I am optomistic.

QUOTE (Benard @ Feb 1 2006, 10:46 PM)

I doubt that. We should of won it the last 2 years, the north sucked both years. Sad coaching. 

Of course you do!

Benard, it's a sea of enlightenment every time you grace us with your knowledge of collegiate football. I suggest that you write a book entitled "Callahan sucks, Solich rocks!". i think it would be about a page long...if that.

The way things ended last year, the way recruiting has gone, competition in conference and the fact that we havn't hit a string of bad weather gamedays, I can't help but think that NU is going to represent the Big 12 North in the dvisional championship game the next 4 out of 5 years, possible five.

There's no team in the B12 North that should stand in our way. Totally agree ETR. The other teams have not helped themselves as much as we have in terms of recruiting and getting the best players on the field. Our recruiting in the last two years has got us back on track. If Callahan and company continue out-recruiting the other schools, we could be in the 12 Championship game for indefinite years!! I believe that the ORDER HAS BEEN RESTORED! GBR

Until the team and coaches prove it on the field, I won't be expecting any championships of any kind. We all talk a good game and some are very quick to rag on any one who is even remotely critical of this staff but the truth is that the Huskers should have won the north title last year and didn't get the job done on the field. If and when the staff proves they can get this team ready to play on the road against even a medocre team with only one week to prepare, then I will say they are ready to take the next step. In two years so far they haven't been able to do that at alll.

The losses to KU and MU last year hurt the confidence of the team at the time but the way the team finished the year really boosted it up. The losses to OU and TT hurt the players but in other ways. The OU game was winnable but they were just to strong for NU to pull it out. The TT game was won until NU went into prevent defense.

The next 5 years will see NU playing for the Big 12 Championship 4 years, winning 2. 2 BCS games winning 1 and losing a NC game.

wishful thinking? maybe........but that is my prediction

I doubt that.  We should of won it the last 2 years, the north sucked both years.  Sad coaching.

lol any chance he gets to insult our coaches and hijack threads he takes it. what about frankie's last year? why didnt he take the north? sad coaching...

it was not frank's fault, it was obviously callahans fault.....

I doubt that.  We should of won it the last 2 years, the north sucked both years.  Sad coaching.

lol any chance he gets to insult our coaches and hijack threads he takes it. what about frankie's last year? why didnt he take the north? sad coaching...

it was not frank's fault, it was obviously callahans fault.....

oh my bad. i stand corrected.

I'm just curious to why people are not looking at NU and realizing they are a team on the rise. Callahan and the staff have done a wonderfu job recruiting and bringing the team up. Next year could prove to be a huge season for the Cornhuskers as they easily could go 10-2 and im very confident that usc or texas could fall to them

I'm just curious to why people are not looking at NU and realizing they are a team on the rise.

Simply because this staff took a 10-3 team that returned the majority of its starters to is worst record in 40 years. And they havent gotten much better (worse in some areas) in the 2+ years since this staff has been here. The team still isnt as good as it was prior to this staff being brought on campus.

Callahan and the staff have done a wonderfu job recruiting and bringing the team up.

1 highly rated class, 2 average classes. The team has won quite a few games despite poor gameplans, poor teaching, and lack of motivation from its "leaders."

Next year could prove to be a huge season for the Cornhuskers as they easily could go 10-2 and im very confident that usc or texas could fall to them

I'd wager on that <_<