Next five years

I hope for Callahan's sake that people aren't really expecting a 10-2 or 9-3 season next year. It's good for the record that we dropped Nicholls and Troy into the schedule, but the rest aren't that easy:

Louisiana Tech - was 7-4 last year, but lose their starting and backup QB's, but they've had good talent, have good coaching and have won some big games in recent years.. We should win, but closer than people think 1-0

Nicholls State - Played Indiana tough last year, but that is about it. easy win 2-0

at USC - yech - Loss 2-1

Troy - More schedule filler, had a losing record in the Sun Belt Conference last year - 3-1

Kansas - at home, decent team that has lost their QB and much of the defense. Will be a big probem if we lose this game 4-1

at Iowa State - away game; almost all of the skill position players are back on offense, NU has had trouble winning against these guys on the road - guessing we lose a close game 4-2

at Kansas State - new coach, young team. We had a tough time with these guys at home last year , they have most of their skill position players back under new coaching. I'm guessing Evridge keeps the job at least for this year (tossup with loss because on the road 4-3)

Texas - yech 4-4

at OK State - a young team with lots of skill position players back, but it is hard to see us losing this one, though (win 5-4)

Missouri - at home, they lose their QB, but Chase Daniel looks like he could be a good one as well. This team has played us tough, but I think we win at home (6-4)

At Texas A&M - Erratic 6-5 season last year. will be breaking in a new starting QB (McGee) who had poor passing numbers last year, but showed a lot or running ability which still isn't the strong suit of our D. Hard to get a handle on this team. Will be tough to play them on the road, but I think we win a tossup here (7-4)

Colorado - new coach, lose some players, we should win unless their coach performs an incredible job next year (8-4)

The looks realistic to me, but a couple of the tossups could go different directions -KState, Missouri, A&M. I have us winning 2 of those three, but we'll have to be ready to play just about every week this year and we'll have to show we can play and win on the road against teams that aren't falling apart like Colorado was last year.

I hope for Callahan's sake that people aren't really expecting a 10-2 or 9-3 season next year.

If Callahan finishes worse than 8-4, there will be discontention in the Husker Nation. It may not be fair, but I don't think that husker fans will be happy with a 7-5 record next year.

I think that expectations are higher than last year.

There is no doubt in my mind that we will be putting a team on the field that is MUCH improved over last year. Callahan's system is in place. Barring a slew of key injuries, I think that Nebraska will be a dominant team next year. 9-3 or even 10-2 is quite reasonable, IMO.

KState, Missouri, A&M. I have us winning 2 of those three

I agree with huskerfan8 that the only games that should give us grief are OSU, Texas A&M, Texas, USC. Your prediction includes a loss to Iowa State. You could certainly be right..... But, I think that their day in the sun, so to speak, is over. I'll be surprised if anyone picks them to win the B12 North next year. In fact, i'll wager that the majority of media predictions will have Nebraska as the favorite. There's not a team in the B12 North that has better talent. If you can think of one, let me know.

GBR

Iowa State - away game; almost all of the skill position players are back on offense, NU has had trouble winning against these guys on the road - guessing we lose a close game 4-2

See this thread:Berryman is gone. We lose to ISU........ I don't think so. There defense is depleted. We lose to a first year coach ad a K state team that has a different philosophy? NO WAY.

I understand your trying to be conservative but I think that you have gone a little over the edge.

Why is it so hard for some Nebraska fans to realize that Nebraska is now back? Of the 4 losses last year, next year brings 2 of them to Lincoln and the other 2 arent on the schedule. Oklahoma and TT were both very close games and just think if nebraska wouldnt have gotten down so early. I realize the USC and Texas take the place of TT and Oklahoma but both will be a lot less experienced as last year and how can you not be optimistic after the alamo bowl?

Why is it so hard for some Nebraska fans to realize that Nebraska is now back? Of the 4 losses last year, next year brings 2 of them to Lincoln and the other 2 arent on the schedule. Oklahoma and TT were both very close games and just think if nebraska wouldnt have gotten down so early. I realize the USC and Texas take the place of TT and Oklahoma but both will be a lot less experienced as last year and how can you not be optimistic after the alamo bowl?

Why, because NU only played 2 teams that ended up in the top 25 last year, and lost them, both, at home. And they got destroyed by freaking Kansas :wtf If you call that BACK then you must not have much knowledge of Husker history.

Statistically the O was worse in 05 than it was in 04, and if I remember correctly, NU is something like 3-8 under this staff on the road. More than a few ?????? there.

PS- I forgot to add, this is also the team that gave up 480 yards to Brad Smith. Not V Young, not R Bush.........Brad Smith <_<

Why, because NU only played 2 teams that ended up in the top 25 last year, and lost them, both, at home. And they got destroyed by freaking Kansas :wtf If you call that BACK then you must not have much knowledge of Husker history.

Statistically the O was worse in 05 than it was in 04, and if I remember correctly, NU is something like 3-8 under this staff on the road. More than a few ?????? there.

PS- I forgot to add, this is also the team that gave up 480 yards to Brad Smith. Not V Young, not R Bush.........Brad Smith <_<

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

haha no wonder you are a former fan you have no confidence at all.

I look at things realistically, but I dont have much confidence in this coaching staff.

Live in the present former....everytime a thread is started you and some of your troll buddies just try to throw jabs in about the past.

Past?? So the 2005 season is too far in the past to discuss??? Or can we only discuss the 2 GOOD games that this team has had under this staff :wacko:

NU is coming into next season with a couple of good wins from last year (is it ok that I mentioned last year? It was ones that they one). I do think there are 4 possibly four games that should be gimmies, but I would not take any of the others lightly. I agree with a lot that has been said previously:

NU only played 2 teams that ended up in the top 25 last year, and lost them, both, at home. And they got destroyed by freaking Kansas  If you call that BACK then you must not have much knowledge of Husker history.

Agree. This team showed improvement from how they started the season, but they still have alot to accomplish for me to say that they are back. At least play for a Big XII title. NU needs to show consistency. One eight win season does not mean they are back. Remember all of the 9 win seasons? An 8 win season a few years ago would have been very disappointing. They are getting better, but IMO they aren't back quite yet.

WE WILL NOT LOSE TO KANSAS STATE NEXT YEAR!!!

Agree. Simply because I wish for NU to crush them.

I think that expectations are higher than last year. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be putting a team on the field that is MUCH improved over last year. Callahan's system is in place. Barring a slew of key injuries, I think that Nebraska will be a dominant team next year.

Agree. NU has the potential to be a force in the Big XII, but we will see how tough the play USC and Texas.

FF, you make a valid point about the "quality" of the wins the coaching staff had last year...but you have to admit that we were getting our swagger back by winning the last three games. And, I hope that you noticed that the offense started to gel at season's end, as well. You must see SOME progress from a year ago. It wouldn't kill you to admit it, or to conjure some positives from 2005. ;)

FF, just curious...who do you see us losing to next year? And, who do you think will be tops in the B12 North? (The question was posed by huskerfan8 a half dozen posts back) Again, just wondering how you see things panning out for the Big Red and the rest of the B12 N.

Benard, it's a sea of enlightenment every time you grace us with your knowledge of collegiate football. I suggest that you write a book entitled "Callahan sucks, Solich rocks!". i think it would be about a page long...if that.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

I do think that no one in the north should stand in our way IMO. We should be alot better next year considering we have another year under our belt with the WCO so I think Taylor will even have a better handle on things and hopefully put some points on the board so our young backup can get some snaps in so he's ready when he takes over. :restore