The "State" of NU

I totally disagree with the assertion that we need a pass first quarterback. You don't address a problem recruiting by going after the same type of quarterback that everyone else is going for. We have to reestablish our identity as a slashing power option team with good play action pass to backs and tight ends. We can recruit awesome athletes to fit the roles we need. We need speed. Defensively we are all wrong. This University has thrown away 30 years of power football knowledge and excellence. Sad. Off topic, they are interviewing potential Presidents. My two questions would be if someone came to you with serious allegations of sex abuse in the locker room what would you do? If he or she doesnt immediately say call the cops then seeya. Next question would be how important is a football NC to you? If the answer is anything other than extremely important, with emotion, then seeya.

no one needs a qb that can pass the ball? tell that to Oregon and Florida State....

We have the talent. Elite AA, Collins, Gregory etc.....Now at QB, we are rough

You say we have the talent then point out three of our better players. Of those three, Collins may have the best shot at All B1G first team by the way. Abdullah and Gregory are likely not first team All B1G. How's the talent looking on our OL? At LB? Interestingly enough, preseason publications indicated these two position groups were question marks.

It's really unfair Bo can't go get the players he wants and is forced to keep playing people he knows aren't good if only you could make substitutions and recruit players.

• Fire 1

We have the talent. Elite AA, Collins, Gregory etc.....Now at QB, we are rough

You say we have the talent then point out three of our better players. Of those three, Collins may have the best shot at All B1G first team by the way. Abdullah and Gregory are likely not first team All B1G. How's the talent looking on our OL? At LB? Interestingly enough, preseason publications indicated these two position groups were question marks.

I could add Westy, VV, Zaire, Gerry as others who could play at other schools.....Just mentioned the obvious. IMO, our talent is good enough to play with anyone. Our coaching isn't.... I just think that talent wise (OL and LB excluded) we are pretty good across the board.

We cannot consistently recruit the athletes that would make a difference from the south and west anymore, and we certainly cannot produce our own athletes

Coaching >Recruiting, as in:

Kansas State>Texas

Between the two teams above, which gets the more sought after recruits? Which state has over 26 million people and which state has less than 3 million? Which program has more money? What is Bill Snyder's record been against Texas with all of these drawbacks? (6-3)

Recap:

Coaching>Recruiting...ALWAYS

• Fire 2

Barrett Ruud spoke at the Big Red Breakfast this morning. Is this his first season as a Graduate Manager with the team? I know Ruud is a huge supporter of Pelini and credits Pelini for helping develop him as a LB. Is Ruud working with the LBs this season and is there opportunity for that role to expand? I don't know about the role of Graduate Manager. Any info on his position? Our LB group needs all the help it can get.

In my opinion, LB coach is definitely on my short for a change. Linebacker, Oline, and OC are my 3 main change requests. Actually, Els could even stay on in the recruiting phase. I'd have no problem with that. Giving him a single role to focus wholely on.

The oline has been garbage. And a pretty solid argument can be made that it's gotten worse as this year has progressed. Garrison has been in that roll for 3 seasons now. GA prior to that. Time to move on.

Obviously Beck is out. This offense is garbage. Nothing more to add on that.

If the loyalty, whether it be program based or Bo based, requires that Barney stay around, it's time to move him off the coaching staff.

At bare minimum, Bo needs to analyze the entire staff, analyez his overall philosophy, and make some major changes and freshen up his staff again. This staff aside from our seemingly constantly rotating secondary coach position has been intact since and including 2011. Kaz was added for 2012 when Carl left and Paps went to DC and Cotton was moved for OL to TE's. Other than that, very little staff turnover. The offensive staff, aside from Cotton's minor move ahnd the Garrison promotion, has been completely intact for what will be 4 complete seasons now. And nothing is improving. So it's time for a complete overhaul. Tha's a minimum requirement in my opinion.