Down to 4 Blackshirts and injury report

lo country

What I don't get is how Bo and clan can develop players like Suh and Dillard, yet can't seem to develop guys they bring into the program? It even goes back to 03'. We saw a 180 degree turn around. I think we led the nation in takeaways that year. He came in and immediately turned things around. Now after he's been here a while, we're going down hill. Why?

Those first couple of years Bo's concentration and time was spent on the defense. That shifted in year 3 and especially year 4. Couple that with JP moving to the DL, and ultimiately to the coordinator position and then development went downhill quick.

What I don't get is how Bo and clan can develop players like Suh and Dillard, yet can't seem to develop guys they bring into the program? It even goes back to 03'. We saw a 180 degree turn around. I think we led the nation in takeaways that year. He came in and immediately turned things around. Now after he's been here a while, we're going down hill. Why?

He manages in an autocratic manner. This leads to quick turnaround but after prolonged periods of time you end up with a team that is over thinking and more worried about a mistake than doing their job. Throw on top of that a potential issue with being a bit narcissistic and you get what we have

2 blackshirts on players that don't start and one on a player that shouldn't even be on the field.....NICE!!!!!

...think how bad things must be behind mitchel that he is still out there. Guy has started/played for the better part of 3 seasons and still can't contain the QB on a zone read...2-3 plays in a row!

I think Mitchell is a pretty damn good corner in coverage.

He's an average tackler and he blows assignments on a regular basis. Which starter on this defense does that last sentence not describe?

Without coaching and accountability, the same guys make the same mistakes these teams have been making for four or five years now.

I think in another situation Mitchell would be talked about quite a bit more as a highly regarded CB. That goes for a few other guys at other positions this team as well.

2 blackshirts on players that don't start and one on a player that shouldn't even be on the field.....NICE!!!!!

...think how bad things must be behind mitchel that he is still out there. Guy has started/played for the better part of 3 seasons and still can't contain the QB on a zone read...2-3 plays in a row!

He's an average tackler and he blows assignments on a regular basis. Which starter on this defense does that last sentence not describe?

Without coaching and accountability, the same guys make the same mistakes these teams have been making for four or five years now.

I think in another situation Mitchell would be talked about quite a bit more as a highly regarded CB. That goes for a few other guys at other positions this team as well.

ah, but we are headed in the right direction. :ahhhhhhhh

While we are throwing out HC ideas....Minter for DC or DB coach? He is doing well at Cambell University, obvious Husker great and great job in the NFL (screwed on no Pro Bowls IMO).

Wow - that would do a lot to bring back the Nebraska Heritage - Minter was great and respected by all~

yeah. Real great. How good of a coach is he? Who cares about Nebraska ties. Lets just get some good solid coaches.

While we are throwing out HC ideas....Minter for DC or DB coach? He is doing well at Cambell University, obvious Husker great and great job in the NFL (screwed on no Pro Bowls IMO).

Wow - that would do a lot to bring back the Nebraska Heritage - Minter was great and respected by all~

yeah. Real great. How good of a coach is he? Who cares about Nebraska ties. Lets just get some good solid coaches.

Has a decent resume.....Husker great, NFL great and captain of the Panthers D (on field coach), won 2 state championships in 3 years at private school, was at Johnson C Smith, Liberty and now HC at Campbell University. Won 5 games this year. HUGE improvement from his first year. IMO, could be a solid DC or DB coach......Folks are talking about Moglia from CCU.....Mike's worth a look and wouldn't break the bank to do it if we have to buy folks out.....Knows the Blackshirt tradition, has shown success at all levels.

Lastly, it's an internet board. Just throwing out ideas....

Has a decent resume.....Husker great, NFL great and captain of the Panthers D (on field coach), won 2 state championships in 3 years at private school, was at Johnson C Smith, Liberty and now HC at Campbell University. Won 5 games this year. HUGE improvement from his first year. IMO, could be a solid DC or DB coach......Folks are talking about Moglia from CCU.....Mike's worth a look and wouldn't break the bank to do it if we have to buy folks out.....Knows the Blackshirt tradition, has shown success at all levels.

sounds legit. I was seriously just asking. You know how some are. Just tgrowin out a name cuz they played here.

sounds legit. I was seriously just asking. You know how some are. Just tgrowin out a name cuz they played here.

No worries. I obviously followed him at NU and then here at Carolina. Always liked him.

No worries. I obviously followed him at NU and then here at Carolina. Always liked him.

i honestly had no idea he had gotten in to coaching.