Down to 4 Blackshirts and injury report

lo country

While we are throwing out HC ideas....Minter for DC or DB coach? He is doing well at Cambell University, obvious Husker great and great job in the NFL (screwed on no Pro Bowls IMO).

he was thrown around A LOT in discussions a couple of years ago. probably depends entirely on who we bring in. i don't want to see anyone manipulate whatever coach shows up into hiring "nebraska" guys.

While we are throwing out HC ideas....Minter for DC or DB coach? He is doing well at Cambell University, obvious Husker great and great job in the NFL (screwed on no Pro Bowls IMO).

All depends on the coach and the style he wants to run. I personally would like him and Bullocks (for at least DB coach) to be considered, but I still want the best coach/teacher for the position regardless of former Husker ties. That said, Minter would be a great way to re-introduce the value and importance of the Blackshirt. Re-ignite the fire and passion that the Blackshirt meant and still means to the fans.

Good god two blackshirts don't even start.

Bo managed to desecrate this tradition worse than Callahan and Cosgrove.

I thought that as I typed, but to see it in writing.........damn we've fallen. A lot.

Bo can't stay. He's pissed on enough things that made Nebraska great. It's sickening enough we're paying him to do it.

I guess you all forget that even the great Charlie McBride (whom everyone wanted fired prior to 1993) handed out more than 11 blackshirts at times.

I thought that as I typed, but to see it in writing.........damn we've fallen. A lot.

Bo can't stay. He's pissed on enough things that made Nebraska great. It's sickening enough we're paying him to do it.

I guess you all forget that even the great Charlie McBride (whom everyone wanted fired prior to 1993) handed out more than 11 blackshirts at times.

It's more than that.

When some kept them and some returned them, right then and there they should have told them to figure it out as a team, or better yet, pull them.

Now we have this smattering of black jersey guys, one of whom led the charge to give them back and kept it anyway, oh and he happens to be a horrible tackler, and sommelier dudes.

Yeah,exactly the same as McBride.

• Fire 1

When some kept them and some returned them, right then and there they should have told them to figure it out as a team, or better yet, pull them.

Now we have this smattering of black jersey guys, one of whom led the charge to give them back and kept it anyway, oh and he happens to be a horrible tackler, and sommelier dudes.

That's the thing with this team, whether it's Kenny Bell or Mitchel. They're a bunch of individuals. That's not a defensive unit, it's 11 guys that happen to be on the field at the same time. The handling of the blackshirts this last couple of weeks just further supports that theory, proving how little leadership and accountability there is within the team.

That's the thing with this team, whether it's Kenny Bell or Mitchel. They're a bunch of individuals. That's not a defensive unit, it's 11 guys that happen to be on the field at the same time. The handling of the blackshirts this last couple of weeks just further supports that theory, proving how little leadership and accountability there is within the team.

The current staff does not respect the tradition nor do they even want to be bothered with handing them out. That much is apparent. They need to be handed out before the first game and removed by coaches as needed for accountability.

The current staff does not respect the tradition nor do they even want to be bothered with handing them out. That much is apparent. They need to be handed out before the first game and removed by coaches as needed for accountability.

Don't get me wrong, i agree with polo and Chris, but i don't think that the staff doesn't respect the tradition. I have no problem with them making the players earn the blackshirts by their play.

Don't get me wrong, i agree with polo and Chris, but i don't think that the staff doesn't respect the tradition. I have no problem with them making the players earn the blackshirts by their play.

I don't really either - it it worked, or motivated. But it obviously doesn't. I've never had a huge problem w/ the way Bo handles the shirts - but I do think the last couple weeks is pretty indicative of the respect the staff and players have for what they stand for - and by that I mean they have no respect for it at all. That's a unit, a team, the blackshirts. Not a bunch of guys wearing different colors. Should be handed out together, and taken off together - whether by the coaches doing or by they leaders on the team's. But this is just BS.

Just because things are rough doesn't mean we have to just crap all over all our traditions folks

I wasn't the one who gave up 408 yards to one guy in three quarters. THAT is what crapped all over the black shirt tradition.

I don't have the power to elevate or denigrate that tradition. That is decided by the guys who accepted them this season.

What I don't get is how Bo and clan can develop players like Suh and Dillard, yet can't seem to develop guys they bring into the program? It even goes back to 03'. We saw a 180 degree turn around. I think we led the nation in takeaways that year. He came in and immediately turned things around. Now after he's been here a while, we're going down hill. Why?

What I don't get is how Bo and clan can develop players like Suh and Dillard, yet can't seem to develop guys they bring into the program? It even goes back to 03'. We saw a 180 degree turn around. I think we led the nation in takeaways that year. He came in and immediately turned things around. Now after he's been here a while, we're going down hill. Why?

I'd have to say it comes down to the yes men he has surrounded himself with. No one will tell Bo how it should be rather they seem to cower to his short comings and just tag the company line. I hate to say it but when you surround yourself with friends and people who have no backbone such as JP and TB nothing will get fixed and we continue with the status quo.

Edit forgot to say, it's true, You don't ever do business with friends or family, it always turns out bad.

Personally, I think it is because BP is trying to micromanage everything. Others have mentioned this before and I tend to agree. To me, it seems that if he has a hand into something more so than not, he can get things working. Look at the defense when he first came in, it was a complete change to what we had. Look at the special teams this year, pretty big turn around. I just feel that the DC and OC are not the best for their current positions on the staff. If he had proven experienced people, he would not be spread so thin on everything.

Edit: I am not proposing to keep him. I honestly not sure if he is willing to change up the staff, but I don't feel he will successful if he doesn't

I'm going to put you down in the "Anti-Bo Pelini" camp.