Arizona and Nebraska--What A Difference 5 Years Makes

Wall of text is large.

However, the Wildcats had long been a competitive team, both in recruiting and in-game performance during the Dick Tomey and Larry Smith era's . Mackovic and Stoops as head coaches proved to be disastrous and both set the program back several years. As far as NU having a significant advantage in....anything.... Well, I would argue that point; specifically since we have not been relevant in the last 10+ years.

The reality of Rich-Rods success likely boils down to better coordinators, better (scheme specific) recruiting and better/cohesive player development.

I wouldn't say he's a better coach than Bo, just smarter, and one who knows who to surround himself with to succeed. Remember, at Michigan he was hamstrung with coordinators chosen by the AD ( at least a pool of candidates) that he could hire. At least that's the rumor.

In other words, a better coach?

Isn't the overall aspect of the job to do the things, big and little, that make your team succesful. If Bo is unsuccesful as a coach because of his coordinatiors (which I believe is only a part of the entire picture), who he hired, doesn't that factor in to whether or not he is a "good" coach?

• Fire 1

Rich Rod is a good coach. Michigan was obviously a bad fit, I think largely due to the 3-3-5 defensive scheme he stubbornly prefers. That scheme fits against spread O's better and PAC 12 has more of those. The B1G still has a lot more power run teams, even OSU's scheme is based on a power run first mentality. If Rich Rod would've changed Defensive scheme, he could of been great at UM. His Offenses were pretty good at UM. Maybe the same could be said about Bo, his D seems more a fit in the air raid Big 12.

Or you could look at his record in the Pac 12 and think... Maybe... Just maybe... The B1G is tougher even though popular opinion would disagree

Makes a claim about current state of affairs and then...

Didn't our conference champion beat theirs last year? It's not crazy.

Yep. Uses data from the past to support his assertion after saying I'm not allowed to do that.

What about the fact RichRod struggled in the weak B1G but is now doing well in the Pac...

Then uses data from even FURTHER in the past.

Conveniently ignores current season data such as Oregon handling Michigan State convincingly.

All in all looks like your tried and true MO Husker post.

Does RichRod work for Oregon? i must have missed that. But if we are gonna talk about this year, Rutgers did beat Wazzu. So there!

Honestly, I just go with the flow and if someone is going to compare Arizona to Nebraska and talk up a guy that couldn't win in the B1G do you honestly expect me just ignore that?

You know who else can't win in the B1G? I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with No Panini