My two cents on Bo

Rosenblatt

Sure, Bo's a good coach. He gets his nine wins a season and goes and wins the taxslayer.com gator bowl every now and then. But guess what, we don't care about the taxslayer.com gator bowl. We want to play for that nice and shiny National Championship trophy. We should be blowing out Minnesota, not giving up 400 some yard to Wisconsin, not winning in Overtime against Iowa, and not squeaking by McNeese. We should be dominating those teams, the kind of blowing them out 60-zip and were not even done with the first half domination (okay maybe I'm kidding...maybe). We want to see our defense completely dominate, playing physical, up in your face football. We want to be the team that everyone hates except out fans, the team that QB's fear more than anything in the world (other then that creepy Purdue mascot). We want to be in the top 5 every year, we want to play in the national championship game every year. Maybe Bo's a good coach for Colorado, or Illinois, but he's not a good coach for Nebraska.

Let's be fair; we didn't give up 400-some to Wisconsin. Those were all to one guy. We gave up 627 yards to Wisconsin.

Name the guy who will lead us to the playoffs and how many years before that happens. We need the master plan to go with the wishes. What gets done in year one? Year two? Do we hoist a trophy in 2017 or 2018 and which trophy is it we hoist?

Because Nebraska tried the "Anybody is better than Solich." course of action and it blew up in everybody's face...except somehow Perlman survived.

My guess is some of you are trying to track down Houston Nutt's cell phone number this weekend to jump start the process.

That is all.

Who knew the fate of a coaching staff could inspire such polarizing anger in a community?

Let's try to keep it civil, guys. 18 posts moved for general thread cleanup. If you want to go down the angry road, please do it in the Shed, rather than attempt to walk the 'personal attack' line here and derail threads with instigation.

This is what is wrong with husker fans today. We were spoiled in the 90's and since then, we expect nothing less than that. I got news for ya, we aren't winning a conference title, or a national title every year. It is absolutely out of the question. I do agree that those games should have been won, and if not, a lot closer than they were, but holy hell can we support the guys? They feel so much pressure all of the time to win the big game because the fans put it on them. Bo is the right guy for the job, he does it right. There are guys that are more successful out of college than they ever dreamed they would be. He is a hell of a father figure to a lot of them, and a hell of a loyal guy. Almost too loyal sometimes, however I believe he is turning this thing around. Agree or disagree all you want, but Bo is the man.

This is what is wrong with husker fans today. We were spoiled in the 90's and since then, we expect nothing less than that. I got news for ya, we aren't winning a conference title, or a national title every year. It is absolutely out of the question. I do agree that those games should have been won, and if not, a lot closer than they were, but holy hell can we support the guys? They feel so much pressure all of the time to win the big game because the fans put it on them. Bo is the right guy for the job, he does it right. There are guys that are more successful out of college than they ever dreamed they would be. He is a hell of a father figure to a lot of them, and a hell of a loyal guy. Almost too loyal sometimes, however I believe he is turning this thing around. Agree or disagree all you want, but Bo is the man.

Guess what? Even in the 90's we didn't win championships every year. I doubt we were spoiled in the 90's. What spoiled us was probably 36ish consecutive bowl appearances, 19 AP top 10 finishes (Nationally, not just our conference), 6 finishes in the 11-15 category. Only once in 25 years did he finish outside the top 15. Yeah, that spoiled me.

Bo in his first 7 seasons has finished 18, unranked, 14, 20, 24, 25 and this year will likely end up unranked as well. So maybe you could explain to me exactly how you think Bo is the right guy and how he is turning this thing around?

My concern is that the fans are all waiting for a breakthrough year under Bo, but as soon as he gets one he tosses his name out there again for head coaching jobs.

Imagine if Nebraska sticks it out until year ten under Bo & Co and they have the seasons of their lives and win the Big 10 and they get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs. Due to the constant controversy and scrutiny Bo Pelini immediately bails for an open University of Miami head coaching job.

What's perhaps most concerning is that every time Nebraska starts trending upward (2009 and 2010) I keep hearing rumors that NE's coach is out looking at the Miami job, the Arkansas job, the Ohio State job, etc.

I guess I no longer see much of an upside.

• Fire 1

Anti bo guys plz give me a coach that u want to replace him that is better.

Give a coach that we can legitimately get and will absolutely be better. Once I here those options then I will consider. Until then dont call people stupid that disagree.

Who is calling anyone stupid? I feel like that is the pro-bo camp tonight throwing words into the other sides mouth.

Anyway.

I'll give one, because there is only 1 I want legitimately. Jim McElwain - CSU

Shaw

Tressel

Moglia

Shaw yeah right. Tressel has a do clause til 2016. Moglia is like 55, and mcelwain just lost to air force. Yeah fire everybody and hire those nobodies.

Since when did Jim Tressel become a nobody?

McElwain is a nobody also? I guess you don't know his accomplishments or where he came from so I'll help you out a bit. McElwain took a pretty bad CSU program and turned it into a winner in 3 years. His record in the first three years is 4-8, 8-4, 10-2. (He has a good chance to go 11-2 in his 3rd year, I'll take that over what we will have.)

I don't have time to research Shaw and Moglia today but I suspect those two coaches are showing a lot of promise since their names are being brought up.

I love how if u support bo u are an idiot. If u don't like him u are right.

I think bo has done wonders for this program and has brought us out of the dumps. I believe we will be better next year than this. We have JV linebackers this year and are still recovering from not needing them In the big 12. That is the one position that is holding us back on defense.

Still recovering? How long have we been in the BIG? What do other conferences do when they face a BIG team in a bowl or an OOC? Do they recruit special linebackers just to play BIG teams?

Name the guy who will lead us to the playoffs and how many years before that happens. We need the master plan to go with the wishes. What gets done in year one? Year two? Do we hoist a trophy in 2017 or 2018 and which trophy is it we hoist?

Because Nebraska tried the "Anybody is better than Solich." course of action and it blew up in everybody's face...except somehow Perlman survived.

My guess is some of you are trying to track down Houston Nutt's cell phone number this weekend to jump start the process.

That is all.

Don't need a MNC, just don't need to be humiliated by giving up 70 points or being on the wrong side of the all time single game rushing by a single player record