Playoff scenario heading into CCG week

So we've already seen Miss St, UCLA, and Georgia lose this week. OSU is without their QB, and Baylor's QB left the game with an injury. If Alabama ends up losing to Auburn (they are down by 12 in the 3rd quarter), that would mean no SEC team remains with only one loss. That leads to two questions.

1. Does a 2-loss SEC team still beat four power 5 teams with one loss or less?

2. Assuming Alabama loses, who do you see as the top 4 teams heading into conference titles next week. Here are my four:

#1-Oregon

#2-FSU

#3-TCU

#4-OSU

The next four:

#5-Baylor

#6-Alabama

#7-Michigan State

#8-Mississippi St

Given the SEC went 0-4 today vs the ACC, there is actual gameday evidence that they should not be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to a 2-loss SEC team trumping teams from other conferences.

Oregon, FSU and TCU are in given they win out. The question is, does OSU, Baylor or Alabama take that fourth spot. IMO, Baylor should get it if they win next week. I know there will be an uproar if no SEC teams are in, but I don't think you can put in a two loss Alabama over a one loss Baylor or tOSU. Gonna be interesting.

No chance that the SEC gets two teams in the playoffs. Zero.

1. Alabama (i.e., if they don't lose tonight!)

2. Oregon

3. FSU

4. Baylor (if they beat soon-to-be #10 K-State).

Others looking in:

5. TCU

6. tOSU (since their QB broke his ankle tonight, the committee knows they have no chance of winning. They won't waste a spot on a team with a gimpy ankle).

Oregon, FSU and TCU are in given they win out. The question is, does OSU, Baylor or Alabama take that fourth spot. IMO, Baylor should get it if they win next week. I know there will be an uproar if no SEC teams are in, but I don't think you can put in a two loss Alabama over a one loss Baylor or tOSU. Gonna be interesting.

There will be an uproar if Baylor wins and gets left out but TCU gets in.

True, which is why I think Baylor gets that fourth spot over tOSU and Bama.

Only in Waco

How does tcu get in over baylor if both win out? Baylor has head to head resulting in a conference title. Its a crime in my opinion.

If you watched that game, TCU got screwed at the end with 3 pass interference calls that went in Baylors favor. I didn't care who won the game but remember saying to myself that TCU got a raw deal...and they still only lost by 3 at Baylor. TCU is the better team overall.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/09/in-the-event-of-an-11-1-tie-big-12-would-submit-baylor-as-its-champion-to-cfp-committee/

On Sunday [from article dated 11/9], College Football Playoff executive director Bill Hancock clarified the committee’s stance should each squad finish the season unscathed.

Per Bill Hancock, the conferences advise the committee who their champs are, which is one of factors in selection process…

Per Big 12, while league technically recognizes co-champs, winner of head-to-head would be submitted to playoff by Big 12 as champ

In other words, if Baylor and TCU tied atop the Big 12 standings, the playoff committee would consider Baylor the champ because of h-to-h

— Jake Trotter (@Jake_Trotter)
November 9, 2014

That doesn’t mean the committee would necessarily select Baylor over TCU. But that would be an edge Baylor would have in evaluation process

— Jake Trotter (@Jake_Trotter)
November 9, 2014