CBS Bowl Predictions

MichiganMan

So the best that a one-loss B1G champion can do is the Cotton Bowl? I guess it's because the B1G has a broken ankle. /sad

The Cotton Bowl is back among the premiere bowls now, and the Rose Bowl is not open to non-playoff teams. Also, CBS has Wisconsin in the Fiesta, so they may have Wisconsin winning the B1G. Not sure they make that game with 3 losses.

So the best that a one-loss B1G champion can do is the Cotton Bowl? I guess it's because the B1G has a broken ankle. /sad

The Cotton Bowl is back among the premiere bowls now, and the Rose Bowl is not open to non-playoff teams. Also, CBS has Wisconsin in the Fiesta, so they may have Wisconsin winning the B1G. Not sure they make that game with 3 losses.

I think that is what NUance is saying. Why are they not being considered for a playoff spot as opposed to the Cotton Bowl.

• Fire 1

I think it's pretty much a coin flip between tOSU and the Big XII champion for the fourth playoff spot. tOSU is ahead of Baylor now but the question is how will they look with their third-string QB. If they look impressive, it wouldn't be a surprise for them them to get the fourth spot. The prediction would probably have tOSU now if Barrett hadn't gotten hurt.

I think that is what NUance is saying. Why are they not being considered for a playoff spot as opposed to the Cotton Bowl.

And what I'm saying is that it looks like they are projected to lose the CCG, which clearly takes them out of the playoffs. Also, he makes it sound (to me) like the Cotton Bowl of recent, which was a big step below the Rose, Orange, Sugar and Fiesta. It's now on par with them. If you don't make the playoffs, its about as good as you can expect.

Even if they do win, whichever of Baylor and TCU finish as 1-loss B12 champ has as much right to that spot as Ohio State does. One of them will be left out unless there is an upset this weekend.

And what I'm saying is that it looks like they are projected to lose the CCG, which clearly takes them out of the playoffs. Also, he makes it sound (to me) like the Cotton Bowl of recent, which was a big step below the Rose, Orange, Sugar and Fiesta. It's now on par with them. If you don't make the playoffs, its about as good as you can expect.

Even if they do win, whichever of Baylor and TCU finish as 1-loss B12 champ has as much right to that spot as Ohio State does. One of them will be left out unless there is an upset this weekend.

Yeah, if Wisconsin wins, the B12 doesn't make the four. (Probly rightly so. Two losses and all.) If tOSU wins narrowly, I doubt they get in either. The only way the B1G gets a spot is if the Buckeyes win big, by say three TDs or more. I think JT Barrett's broken ankle makes that a remote possibility. But not impossible. The third string guy, Cardale Jones, was neck-and-neck with JT Barrett in the #2 spot all the way through fall practice. Barrett narrowly got the nod when Braxton Miller went down. Hey, it could happen. lol

Yeah, if Wisconsin wins, the B12 doesn't make the four. (Probly rightly so. Two losses and all.) If tOSU wins narrowly, I doubt they get in either. The only way the B1G gets a spot is if the Buckeyes win big, by say three TDs or more. I think JT Barrett's broken ankle makes that a remote possibility. But not impossible. The third string guy, Cardale Jones, was neck-and-neck with JT Barrett in the #2 spot all the way through fall practice. Barrett narrowly got the nod when Braxton Miller went down. Hey, it could happen. lol

Oh, they definitely could get in. Nobody really knows what the committee is going to decide, and how they will factor in conference champs, and those without a championship game. I am almost certain 1 of the top 6 teams will lose, and 2 is somewhat likely. What I won't try to predict is which ones! But if I had to put them in order of most to least likely to lose, I'd say it's OSU, Baylor, FSU, Oregon, Alabama, TCU.