A name I haven't seen anywhere

I honestly would have liked to have seen Turner Gill come to DoNU after Buffalo--you know, going to a school that has resources and a quality fanbase.

Kansas was a cesspool, and at the time, the discussion was that Gill failed down there not because of on-the-field product (to which certain boosters were rumored to constantly undermine him due to a combination his DoNU ties and the color of his skin) but because of constant interference and meddling--a death by a thousand cuts, if you will. Gill was not anywhere close to a unanimous pick, and one would say that the majority of their 'boosters of substance' outright hated the choice.

Had he been given full reign and backing...he'd still be the coach at Kansas, and I'm confident he would have met or exceeded what Mangino did down there.

Had he been given full reign and backing...he'd still be the coach at Kansas, and I'm confident he would have met or exceeded what Mangino did down there.

no one is winning an orange bowl at Kansas in the next 30 years. kansas football got lucky for a single year. 5 wins is the ceiling for that program, with maybe a bowl appearance once or twice a decade. saban couldn't win an orange bowl there.

no one is winning an orange bowl at Kansas in the next 30 years. kansas football got lucky for a single year. 5 wins is the ceiling for that program, with maybe a bowl appearance once or twice a decade. saban couldn't win an orange bowl there.

I disagree. With proper backing, coaching, and recruiting, Kansas could own the Big XII if they wanted to.

Hell, look at Kansas State as a case-in-point that destroys your logic. As long as they have Snyder and maintain their recruiting philosophy, they'll make a few more Orange Bowls. And they have no more advantages or disadvantages than Kansas does--just a better coaching staff.

I respect Turner Gill and appreciate everything he has and had done for the Huskers. I just think he is better suited to coach smaller schools.

This may be true, and I don't intend to disagree with this.

If anything, just saying that Gill really hasn't been given a legit chance at a Power-5 school, either, because of all the derp at Kansas. He may excel at a school like a Minnesota, Purdue, or Iowa, where the expectations are lower, but they don't seem to discriminate and seem to be better at rallying around the staff and AD.

I disagree. With proper backing, coaching, and recruiting, Kansas could own the Big XII if they wanted to.

Hell, look at Kansas State as a case-in-point that destroys your logic. As long as they have Snyder and maintain their recruiting philosophy, they'll make a few more Orange Bowls. And they have no more advantages or disadvantages than Kansas does--just a better coaching staff.

This kinda made me laugh. I am sure Turner is not as bad a coach as it looked at KU, but Kansas still has a track around their field. It is a basketball school.

If it was easy to do what Snyder does at K State a whole lot of programs would. He is special.