A name I haven't seen anywhere

Being stuck here in the bible belt, I hear this name a lot, especially since I live only an hour from Lynchburg, VA

Turner Gill is taking the Flames to their first ever second round playoff game on Saturday.

With all the rumors flying, why not TG as HC with Frost as OC?

Seems like a perfect fit, Nebraska ties and such.

Then the only search would be for a tested DC.

Being stuck here in the bible belt, I hear this name a lot, especially since I live only an hour from Lynchburg, VA

Turner Gill is taking the Flames to their first ever second round playoff game on Saturday.

If we hire Turner Gill, Eichorst might as well fire himself.

Sure, why not? :lol:

...With all the rumors flying, why not TG as HC with Frost as OC?...

I'm sorry, but anyone that thinks Frost will ever come here in anything other than a HC capacity is delusional. He'll likely have opportunities this year and next to step into a HC role somewhere. Making a lateral move to NU isn't going to happen. As for Gill, settling for him would represent a complete failure on the part of SE.

I think TG is a good coach. I'm not sold that he would have failed here had he been hired instead of Bo. Kansas is not an ideal location. They were just coming off the Mangino phase of actually being a decent football program so expectations were way too high. I don't think 3 or even 4 years would have made a difference in that basketball town. I am in No way endorsing him to be our coach now though...

I think TG is a good coach. I'm not sold that he would have failed here had he been hired instead of Bo. Kansas is not an ideal location. They were just coming off the Mangino phase of actually being a decent football program so expectations were way too high. I don't think 3 or even 4 years would have made a difference in that basketball town. I am in No way endorsing him to be our coach now though...

Yeah, I don't really hold the KU results against him too much. That place was a giant mess, and he was the least of its problems. I just don't think he's an upgrade to Pelini, and that something that SE really needs to deliver. You just can't say that Pelini isn't good enough and then turn around and hire someone like Gill.

Well, the obvious solution would be Tommy Frazier as DC and Eric Crouch as QB coach.

Maybe we could get Taylor Martinez to take on Strength and Conditioning or sumthin.