LJS: Raccoon-Husker selfie goes wrong

The 21-year-old got out of his 2002 Chevy Duramax pickup truck and tried to take a photo with the animal using his cellphone, but the raccoon attacked, biting Gangwish in the calf.

“It was a raccoon selfie gone completely wrong,” Gangwish said Thursday evening, laughing.

This sounds like something I would do :lol:

I was riding my bike at 4 or 5am one morning and something made a terrifying barking/hissing noise and I nearly fell off my bike. Turned out to be a mother raccoon protecting her babies. Those things are not to be trifled with.

Truth. There are a lot of raccoons around where my parents live, they used to make an awful racket getting into my dad's birdseed at night (clever animals). I came home late one night and saw one just off the street standing on the sidewalk. I drove towards it and pointed my lights at it to get a better look. She wasn't scared one bit. Just arched her back, showed her teeth and glared at me till I drove off.

Hope he's okay, but here's the funny thing about this...

http://studio.omaha.com/?ndn.trackingGroup=91341&ndn.siteSection=omahalanding&ndn.videoId=28222582&freewheel=91341&sitesection=omahalanding&vid=28222582

A few minutes into the video, he's giving a quick interview. You can tell he's a Bo guy, cause gives a, "We'll see how this all pans out," kinda of response.

Apparently, he didn't know Mike Riley is such a loving, caring guy, that even the wildlife love him. And apparently, the wildlife don't take kindly to people messing with their Mike Riley....