I am SOLD!!!

I am still not drinking the Kool Aid on this one. I think what Cutcliffe did turning around Duke football was more of a feat than anything done at OSU. Riley's NFL coaching career was a total disaster too.

As a Charger fan I don't blame Riley at all for his struggles in San Diego. He went into a bad situation with Ryan Leaf as his quarterback. He left us with Drew Brees.

• Fire 1

Something else to consider with regards to the last few seasons in Corvallis. The Rise of Oregon. Eugene is about 40 min away from Corvallis, and with the palace that Nike built, it makes the recruiting to Corvallis shift from very hard, to next to impossible. Nothing exists in a vacuum, and as the state of Oregon generally puts out fewer football recruits than Nebraska does, I can't imagine how brutal the recruiting was there. The fact that they have put 18 players into the NFL in the same time frame that we have put 25, should really say something though.

I am still not drinking the Kool Aid on this one. I think what Cutcliffe did turning around Duke football was more of a feat than anything done at OSU. Riley's NFL coaching career was a total disaster too.

As a Charger fan I don't blame Riley at all for his struggles in San Diego. He went into a bad situation with Ryan Leaf as his quarterback. He left us with Drew Brees.

Also, NFL coaching success has no bearing on college success. Just as Saban and Spurrier how the NFL went. Or the long trail of NFL guys who fall on their face in college.

Ed O isn't the answer folks. Also Riley isn't going to start anything of importance. I've been watching his Beavers play for over ten years. Lots of penalties, not much toughness. Likes to throw the ball like all these schools in the PAC 12. Weak defense!!!' Seems like a very nice guy, but had several co-workers laughing at me today at work in Oregon. Remarks like "sad day for nebraska". "Wow", "what is Neb thinking". I could go on and on. Dropped the ball on Frost. He just laid 50 plus on the Beavers last weekend. Game was over after the second quarter. I'm done with the eternal optimism from Husker nation. Every year thinkkng this could be it. Bottom line nobody fears us

Or respects us anymore. Living in the past. If you think this guy is bringing back the glory days.....well I'm glad your staying positive.

Yep, Oregon State, the Iowa State/Indiana/Kansas of the Pac-12, lost 47-19 to the playoff-bound #2 team in the country and their #4 scoring offense.

But just a few short weeks ago Nebraska, the winningest program of the last 50 years, was blown out 59-24 by #20-something ranked, lost-to-Northwestern Wisconsin, allowing the world-fricking-record for rushing yards by a player.

Even if OSU and NU were equal programs with equal resources, OSU put up a better fight and turned in a better loss. If we factor in the resource disparity, Riley is a coaching genius compared to what we put out against Wisky.

At any rate, he's the coach now and we'll find out what he can do here with some resources. It's a gamble. But then every coach outside of a handful (Saban, Meyer) were going to be a gamble.

• Fire 2

I thought it was neat he didn't just read a prepared statement. He shoots from the hip.

havent seen this yet. I noticed this as well. Just rolled with it. I like it as well
I swooned when he mentioned keeping one of Tom Osborne's book on the shelf to draw quotes from before team meetings.
people want a Nebraska guy. Well, you can be a Nebraska guy without being from Nebraska. I think we have one.

I thought it was neat he didn't just read a prepared statement. He shoots from the hip.

havent seen this yet. I noticed this as well. Just rolled with it. I like it as well
I swooned when he mentioned keeping one of Tom Osborne's book on the shelf to draw quotes from before team meetings.
people want a Nebraska guy. Well, you can be a Nebraska guy without being from Nebraska. I think we have one.

I've got a Tom Osborne book next to my bed, and a couple more on my book shelf, maybe i can be our next coach.......

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Also, NFL coaching success has no bearing on college success. Just as Saban and Spurrier how the NFL went. Or the long trail of NFL guys who fall on their face in college.

Billy C. Agrees.

I've got a Tom Osborne book next to my bed, and a couple more on my book shelf, maybe i can be our next coach.......
Stahp.

Stahp.

we should give him a chance.

Any coaching experience?