I am SOLD!!!

I thought it was neat he didn't just read a prepared statement. He shoots from the hip.

havent seen this yet. I noticed this as well. Just rolled with it. I like it as well
I swooned when he mentioned keeping one of Tom Osborne's book on the shelf to draw quotes from before team meetings.
people want a Nebraska guy. Well, you can be a Nebraska guy without being from Nebraska. I think we have one.
I've got a Tom Osborne book next to my bed, and a couple more on my book shelf, maybe i can be our next coach.......
Stahp.
Oh my freaking gosh, i need to add to my list similarities between 2003 and this year:

The AD was able to successfully wipe enough pedeyshine over the situation to successfully convince the majority of Husker fans into thinking that this was a good thing.

I thought it was neat he didn't just read a prepared statement. He shoots from the hip.

havent seen this yet. I noticed this as well. Just rolled with it. I like it as well
I swooned when he mentioned keeping one of Tom Osborne's book on the shelf to draw quotes from before team meetings.
people want a Nebraska guy. Well, you can be a Nebraska guy without being from Nebraska. I think we have one.
I've got a Tom Osborne book next to my bed, and a couple more on my book shelf, maybe i can be our next coach.......

Any coaching experience?

I've never produced multiple losing seasons as a football coach.

Any coaching experience?

But you have turned down coaching opportunities at bama, USC (twice) and wiscy?

Stahp.
Oh my freaking gosh, i need to add to my list similarities between 2003 and this year:

The AD was able to successfully wipe enough pedeyshine over the situation to successfully convince the majority of Husker fans into thinking that this was a good thing

Stahp.

Any coaching experience?

I wasn't offered those jobs when they were at the doors of Hades and nobody in their right minds would touch them.

But, i promise, if you give me the job, I'll surround myself with a staff that is better than me. I won't yell at the refs. I'll be nice in press conferences.

I fit all of the qualifications that Steve, i mean Shawn was looking for.

Any coaching experience?
I wasn't offered those jobs when they were at the doors of Hades and nobody in their right minds would touch them.

But, i promise, if you give me the job, I'll surround myself with a staff that is better than me. I won't yell at the refs. I'll be nice in press conferences.

I fit all of the qualifications that Steve, i mean Shawn was looking for.

What does the status of those jobs have to do with anything?

Any coaching experience?

are you done yet?

Of course he will get a chance and everyone will eventually stand behind him. However, referring to Riley as a coaching genius because his losing seasons were not blow outs is going too far. There have been others who been competitive in tough places to recruit and have had winning seasons. I would like to find out more about the rumor he turned down USC and Alabama. Is this confirmed and why would he turn down such storied programs if the facilities and situation were so dire at OSU? I am not saying it didn't happen, I just want to know.

• Fire 1

Of course he will get a chance and everyone will eventually stand behind him. However, referring to Riley as a coaching genius because his losing seasons were not blow outs is going too far. There have been others who been competitive in tough places to recruit and have had winning seasons. I would like to find out more about the rumor he turned down USC and Alabama. Is this confirmed and why would he turn down such storied programs if the facilities and situation were so dire at OSU? I am not saying it didn't happen, I just want to know.

Answer to your questions are in the middle if the article

http://www.cornnation.com/2014/12/4/7335055/so-who-did-nebraska-hire-when-eichorst-picked-mike-reilly

Answer to your questions are in the middle if the article

http://www.cornnation.com/2014/12/4/7335055/so-who-did-nebraska-hire-when-eichorst-picked-mike-reilly

Great read, questions answered. Thank you

I am still not drinking the Kool Aid on this one. I think what Cutcliffe did turning around Duke football was more of a feat than anything done at OSU. Riley's NFL coaching career was a total disaster too.

As a Charger fan I don't blame Riley at all for his struggles in San Diego. He went into a bad situation with Ryan Leaf as his quarterback. He left us with Drew Brees.

Also, NFL coaching success has no bearing on college success. Just as Saban and Spurrier how the NFL went. Or the long trail of NFL guys who fall on their face in college.

Or Pete Carroll b/f USC...

I lived in Oregon for all of Riley's years at Oregon State. You can win and do well with him if you help guide him.

Advice:

1) Don't let him get too pass happy. Sacks and too many incompletions stall drives

2) Develop two good backs and run around 53% of the time. His best years 2008 and 2009 he ran around this amount. His offense can click with thus 53/47 run/ pass ratio. Start dipping below 50 and losing odds increase. Don't let him go there.

3) Don't run it out of endzone on kickoffs more than say 7-9% of the time. 25 yard line is fine.

4) Get an OC who will up his tempo some and who can call plays. Riley can call them decently but a good OC he can trust will help manage the game.

5) Don't let him get away from run game too early either. He tends to do that if even down just a TD. Stick with the winning balance of 53/47 run to pass until into the 4th quarter and then assess.

Good luck Husker Nation. Will be rooting for you. Help guide Riley along in a positive manner. He functions better in that light. His offense can work with committed balance and with a good OC and a little more tempo it can succeed to give Nebraska a real shot to win B1G West if Wisconsin can be knocked off. Also recommend you get a tough DC.

Oregon State was only really really good when Riley did have a great running back.

I am sure he will get one at Nebraska.

When Oregon State had Rodgers (they upset Mark Sanch-ize and USC)

Riley's foundation is really run first and control the ball...but when he knows he doesn't have that guy...he goes with pass-happy just to stay in the games.

He's a smart coach but can only work with what he has. When he has had great running backs, he had his best seasons.

I think getting a stable of power runners at Nebraska will be a priority for him.

He wanted the UCLA job...and apparently thought it was promised to him - in the same year he turned down Bama.

USC - apparently Chargers said, if you interview for that job - you are fired.

Riley was a really hot ticket (I don't really know why in 2000-2004) and he really thought he would get the UCLA job. He's a west coast guy who didn't want to move to the South. He wanted UCLA or USC. His recruiting and knowledge is Cali based.

Oh please! His home, and I mean home, is in Corvalis. Why would anyone want to live in either Alabama or LA?

T_O_B