I am excited about one thing.

The possibility of Great QB play is absolutely mind blowing. That is something i have never seen at NU. To have guys who recruit qbs to throw accurate passes is just crazy. WCO or not im thrilled to see it.

Thrilled to see it?

To see what? What exactly have you seen Riley do with a Nebraska QB?

Ah......therein lies the problem with all your negativity about this staff. You and others. I'm glad you have even one tiny bit of optimism, that's cool and probably good for your overall health and well-being, but really none of us know how any of this is gonna go. That's why being so negative is just ridiculous. You don't see anyone going overboard crazy with optimism either.

Calm, rational discussion. That's the ticket. You've yet to SEE anything. Yet, the change is refreshing, the new HC seems to have a positive mindset and sounds like a man who actually has some answers when faced with adversity. Sometimes staying calm, finding the answers, solving the problem and staying positive can be a giant step in your favor. Even before the games begin.

I didn't SEE a lot of this with the former HC.

This new approach is in itself something I've already SEEN with this HC. Personally, I like it.

We'll have to wait and SEE how it all plays out huh? Maybe the guy deserves a shot if that's okay with some of you.

• Fire 2

The part about playing favorites is interesting. I agree that the kids that aren't starting many times feel that the coach is playing favorites with the starters. The thing I noticed over the past 7 years was that when a starter made a mistake, got a stupid penalty or got burned, there seemed to be no consequence. How many times did Jake Cotton come out of the game after yet another false start? Bo seemed to keep Martinez in the game no matter what.

As a coach, if I see a guy not doing what we need, I sit him down. I don't scream at him for 15 minutes, but at some point, if and when I send him back in, I give him a little pep talk about playing smart, or not repeating the same mistake that got him yanked in the last series.

• Fire 1

It will be more than that, as not all the players loved Bo. I am hearing that there was some frustration, because Bo showed favoritism to several of the players. I am hearing that competition was not open to some players and now things could change for the better.

explain

A friend of my son who goes to UNL told me that some of the players were tired of upper classmen starting when they were getting out played in practice. They were linemen. If it was happening there, it was probably happening at other positions also.

For perspective, this same thing is said by underclassmen at every university in every sport across the nation.

In 2006, while Taylor was a warrior and gave his all, and even as Big 12 Off player of the year, his play is not what would be defined as elite. Not necessarily an indictment on him as much as the team and coaching, but it is what it is. And he really struggled down the stretch as well.

Who said anything about elite?

Zac was severely hamstringed by his personnel. A pourous line and average receivers (sans Purify) do not a legendary quarterback make.

Especially when your coach has you throw 50 times against a team with one of the best pass defense in the country.

In 2006, while Taylor was a warrior and gave his all, and even as Big 12 Off player of the year, his play is not what would be defined as elite. Not necessarily an indictment on him as much as the team and coaching, but it is what it is. And he really struggled down the stretch as well.

Who said anything about elite?

Zac was severely hamstringed by his personnel. A pourous line and average receivers (sans Purify) do not a legendary quarterback make.

Especially when your coach has you throw 50 times against a team with one of the best pass defense in the country.

Also Landlord, the wagon fella is excited to see great qb play that we've never seen at NU. Now, it can be said that maybe he doesnt think that qb play of Taylor and Ganz was bad, but that rather he's looking forward to the possibility of qb play that is better and beyond that of those two in a system that requires a play-from-the-pocket ability.