Is HuskerNation divided more than ever

Husker Q

With all due respect to the OP, I believe the last time Husker Nation wasn't divided was 1997.

Are you stupid? Did you not see the Missouri and Colorado games?

I stand corrected. I should have been more accurate and said 1-2-1998

Did you not see the polls!!!!!??????

With all due respect to the OP, I believe the last time Husker Nation wasn't divided was 1997.

I think my point was missed?

I was saying that Husker Nation has been divided on who the coach of the team should be since Osborne retired.

I'll be glad when the bitchin' stops (or at least slows) so that recruits don't have to see the negativity. I'm not a koolaid drinker, but I see no point in putting the negativity on a public board. How does it help?

Assuming SE is an intelligent person, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I hope the recruits form their own opinions of the coaches and ignore the complaining that they are probably reading.

World class education, top ranked facilities, storied program yet the main concern with recruits is message boards... BRILLIANT!

I made a simple point about recruits and you reply with "brilliant"? Thanks. I'm not going to argue. My point is relevant.

I think my point was missed?

I was saying that Husker Nation has been divided on who the coach of the team should be since Osborne retired.

I think I was just funnin'.

While there has certainly been turmoil over who exactly was the coach since the salad days, I would say this period where Riley literally does not have a confirmed full staff yet is getting a little ridiculous. Especially when you consider,

04------we didn't have a coach yet, and were in still HOUSTON NUTT WATCH

07-------kinda sorta had a coach,but he was still working for his previous employer and giving nary a look to any recruit in a potentially very strong class.

I'd say the spot currently is a better one.

• Fire 2

Good Point. Maybe just less hope now than ever?

If you have less hope going into this season than the last one, you only have your loyalties to the former coach to blame. Move on.

• Fire 4

Good Point. Maybe just less hope now than ever?

If you have less hope going into this season than the last one, you only have your loyalties to the former coach to blame. Move on.

Losing the Davis twins isn't helping much

They haven't played a down for Nebraska.

Husker nation is as divided as we want it to be. Most of us don't want that, however we feel about the new hire.

Losing the Davis twins (without even an in-home!) sucks, though. The recruiting class Bo left to Riley had what, 13 or 14 players in it total and the numbers are dropping. Those two were probably two of the more important pieces.

Callahan's stellar 2008 class was pretty much sunk, too, once his job security evaporated. But that class at least was much larger, and the hiring change kept the offense intact.

This is going to be a challenging first couple of months recruiting for Riley. 4 days until the dead period. Good luck, coach!

Husker nation is as divided as we want it to be. Most of us don't want that, however we feel about the new hire.

Losing the Davis twins (without even an in-home!) sucks, though. The recruiting class Bo left to Riley had what, 13 or 14 players in it total and the numbers are dropping. Those two were probably two of the more important pieces.

Callahan's stellar 2008 class was pretty much sunk, too, once his job security evaporated. But that class at least was much larger, and the hiring change kept the offense intact.

This is going to be a challenging first couple of months recruiting for Riley. 4 days until the dead period. Good luck, coach!

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan · 7m 7 minutes ago

Blue Spring head coach Kelly Donohoe just told us @SamMcDowell11's report is not accurate and the Davis twins are still considering Neb.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan · 6m 6 minutes ago

Kelly Donohoe also tells @HuskerOnline that @Coach_Riley will still be visiting the Davis twins on Wednesday. #Huskers

He said she said, I guess:

Sam McDowell @SamMcDowell11 · 3m 3 minutes ago

Question: Is Nebraska still in the picture? Carlos Davis: "No." Q: You're not considering Nebraska at all? Davis: "No."

Sam McDowell @SamMcDowell11 · 3m 3 minutes ago

To those who want to dispute a report, I'm not sure how it gets much clearer than that. Straight from the kid's mouth.

Edited by Kernal

Husker nation is as divided as we want it to be.

Darn right! It's time Husker Fans got their head and their ass wired together. Pick a side, show some love for their team. Get with the program, jump on board and come on in for the big win. All we should ask of ourselves is that we trust in Riley like we'd trust in God. We are here to help the team. It's a hardball world, and we've gotta keep our heads until this craziness blows over.

Husker nation is as divided as we want it to be.

Darn right! It's time Husker Fans got their head and their ass wired together. Pick a side, show some love for their team. Get with the program, jump on board and come on in for the big win. All we should ask of ourselves is that we trust in Riley like we'd trust in God. We are here to help the team. It's a hardball world, and we've gotta keep our heads until this craziness blows over.

I think I was referring to something like the duality of man, the Jungian thing, sir.