Is HuskerNation divided more than ever

Husker Q

Husker nation is as divided as we want it to be.

Darn right! It's time Husker Fans got their head and their ass wired together. Pick a side, show some love for their team. Get with the program, jump on board and come on in for the big win. All we should ask of ourselves is that we trust in Riley like we'd trust in God. We are here to help the team. It's a hardball world, and we've gotta keep our heads until this craziness blows over.

I think I was referring to something like the duality of man, the Jungian thing, sir.

Whose side are you on, son?

He said she said, I guess:

Sam McDowell @SamMcDowell11 · 3m 3 minutes ago

Question: Is Nebraska still in the picture? Carlos Davis: "No." Q: You're not considering Nebraska at all? Davis: "No."

Sam McDowell @SamMcDowell11 · 3m 3 minutes ago

To those who want to dispute a report, I'm not sure how it gets much clearer than that. Straight from the kid's mouth.

And McDowell offered Callahan a chance to listen to the recording. I'm not doubting McDowell's report. I am wondering if, like Polo said, a 17-year-old recruit may just be acting on whims.

Husker nation is as divided as we want it to be.

Darn right! It's time Husker Fans got their head and their ass wired together. Pick a side, show some love for their team. Get with the program, jump on board and come on in for the big win. All we should ask of ourselves is that we trust in Riley like we'd trust in God. We are here to help the team. It's a hardball world, and we've gotta keep our heads until this craziness blows over.

I think I was referring to something like the duality of man, the Jungian thing, sir.

Whose side are you on, son?

Our side

With all due respect to the OP, I believe the last time Husker Nation wasn't divided was 1997.

Good Point. Maybe just less hope now than ever?

If you have less hope going into this season than the last one, you only have your loyalties to the former coach to blame. Move on

Wrong. Many of us have less hope because Riley has never won a conference championship or proven he can recruit effectively with the challenges that Nebraska has. These are very reasonable apprehensions. I thought we definitely needed a change, but your "move on" statement further displays your disdain for the former coach and nothing more. It looks like we could not get our hands on a big time coach with the timing of Pelini's firing. If I were in charge, I would have timed the firing with the ability to get our hands on a big time PROVEN/YOUNGER/HUNGRIER coach. With the Riley hiring, this did not happen. We probably fired Pelini a year too late OR too early... So quit telling people to move on while you flapped your gums tirelessly about your disproval of the former staff.

• Fire 1

With all due respect to the OP, I believe the last time Husker Nation wasn't divided was 1997.

If you have less hope going into this season than the last one, you only have your loyalties to the former coach to blame. Move on

Wrong. Many of us have less hope because Riley has never won a conference championship or proven he can recruit effectively with the challenges that Nebraska has. These are very reasonable apprehensions. I thought we definitely needed a change, but your "move on" statement further displays your disdain for the former coach and nothing more. It looks like we could not get our hands on a big time coach with the timing of Pelini's firing. If I were in charge, I would have timed the firing with the ability to get our hands on a big time PROVEN/YOUNGER/HUNGRIER coach. With the Riley hiring, this did not happen. We probably fired Pelini a year too late OR too early... So quit telling people to move on while you flapped your gums tirelessly about your disproval of the former staff.

Well you aren't in charge.

And I don't think you could contradict yourself anymore in your statement even if you took on an alternate personality.

I fall into groups 1 and 2. I am more excited about Riley than literally any other coach you mentioned as being a better option. Gruden, Harbaugh, etc. all pipe dreams, it was never going to happen. The main problem with the group 3 fans is twofold; 1- Most didn't/don't realize that it was past time for Bo to go. 2- They were delusional about possible replacements. They either wanted coaches that were never realistic or they wanted coaches that, quite honestly, would've been like the Callahan hire. Or, they wanted guys with Nebraska ties that simply are not ready yet or are not good enough.

Is the divide wider or deeper between Husker fans? IDK, it just appears to me that the group 3 folks are being a bit unreasonable. When you start with fairly unrealistic expectations and then are unwilling to give it enough time, we'll it just gets kind of crazy. People need to relax, give it some time, and see what happens. There will be plenty of time to circle the wagons. For now, it would be really nice if the zany group 3 folks could join the supportive fans group and leave goofsville behind.

Wait. I thought that the narrative from the Bo~leavers was that if we canned Bo and opened the check book that we could get pretty much anyone we wanted.

I fall into groups 1 and 2. I am more excited about Riley than literally any other coach you mentioned as being a better option. Gruden, Harbaugh, etc. all pipe dreams, it was never going to happen. The main problem with the group 3 fans is twofold; 1- Most didn't/don't realize that it was past time for Bo to go. 2- They were delusional about possible replacements. They either wanted coaches that were never realistic or they wanted coaches that, quite honestly, would've been like the Callahan hire. Or, they wanted guys with Nebraska ties that simply are not ready yet or are not good enough.

Is the divide wider or deeper between Husker fans? IDK, it just appears to me that the group 3 folks are being a bit unreasonable. When you start with fairly unrealistic expectations and then are unwilling to give it enough time, we'll it just gets kind of crazy. People need to relax, give it some time, and see what happens. There will be plenty of time to circle the wagons. For now, it would be really nice if the zany group 3 folks could join the supportive fans group and leave goofsville behind.

Wait. I thought that the narrative from the Bo~leavers was that if we canned Bo and opened the check book that we could get pretty much anyone we wanted.

By all accounts, the Ad got who he wanted.

And I don't think you could contradict yourself anymore in your statement even if you took on an alternate personality.

Neither are you. How did I contradict myself?

I am in charge, they don't hand out Dodge Stratus sedans to just anyone.

"I think we needed a change"

"We fired Bo too early, or may be too late"

"Mike Riley doesn't know about recruiting at a disadvantage" (actually this is more just laughably wrong then a contradiction,my bad)

Plus your whole history of telling mento just shut up and deal with the coach and now you're all too happy to jump in because you have a sad.

I am in charge, they don't hand out Dodge Stratus sedans to just anyone.

"I think we needed a change"

"We fired Bo too early, or may be too late"

"Mike Riley doesn't know about recruiting at a disadvantage" (actually this is more just laughably wrong then a contradiction,my bad)

Plus your whole history of telling me to just shut up and deal with the coach and now you're all too happy to jump in because you have a sad.

Congrats! :)

My point was we needed a change and that cannot be argued. Whether it was keeping Bo and flushing DC or OC or Bo gone, take your pick. There was not contradiction. You need to more carefully read and NOT misquote me. I said " or proven he can recruit effectively with the challenges that Nebraska has". I never said he didn't know about recruiting in a challenging place like OSU. Duh. Total misquote! He hasn't exactly had any stellar classes as far as rankings at OSU right? That was my point.

What I meant by the firing of Bo too early or too late was there may have been better coaches available in 2013 or there could be in 2015. Riley to me seems like a good enough or safe pick. We took what we could in 2014 and perhaps it was bad timing...

So you can tell us to "move on" which is essentially saying shut up and it's A-OK? Hypocrite.... We got rid of Pelini. Fine. All I am saying is we could have done much, much better. I hope I am dead wrong and Riley has our team playing lights out. So 9 wins or more next year no excuses.

• Fire 2

Fact is, you can list all these different "camps" everyone might be in but really there's only one camp.

The wait and see camp. You're all in it. There's nothing you can do to change that.

I think this is the vast majority of Husker fans. I'm not seeing a huge divide anymore. I'm seeing people underwhelmed by the Riley hire, but mostly people are waiting to see what we actually have in this guy before making their decision.

I'm with you on this one. We have to wait and see. Riley may not have been first choice but likeable guy and willing to support him. Can't change the hire. Si we'll wait and see what happens in the spring. I wish him well and hope we get good results. I don't think it will happen overnight and don't think it would with any coach.

Fact is, you can list all these different "camps" everyone might be in but really there's only one camp.

The wait and see camp. You're all in it. There's nothing you can do to change that.

I think this is the vast majority of Husker fans. I'm not seeing a huge divide anymore. I'm seeing people underwhelmed by the Riley hire, but mostly people are waiting to see what we actually have in this guy before making their decision.

I agree we have to wait and see what happens in spring camp. Give MR a chance. It won't happen overnight. Any hire won't create miracles overnight either. I'm holding back on what I really think of the guy as a coach. So far, looking good for most of his hires (OU anyway).

he was fired because Perlman didn't "like" him plain and simple- if TO were still AD does anyone think Pellini would have been fired? take all your emotions about Pellini out of it, the answer is very pellucid- and it is no

"Pellucid" Learn a new word today? Pellucid - translucent, transparent, crystalline, glassy, limpid, unclouded. Obvious would have been a better choice of word.

T_O_B

I think you're being nebulous by questioning my use of words-