Cathartic Ramblings About Myself

We could win a game by three TDs and for an hour they would sit around and bitch about various things about the game. What is the fun in that?

I've noticed that, too, and sometimes I'm guilty of it myself. I think it's rooted in the Northeastern/North Central European people who settled here generations ago. They tend to be more stoic, and that attitude takes ages to change. Nebraskans are polite and friendly, yes, but we're a grumpy lot as well.

We could win a game by three TDs and for an hour they would sit around and bitch about various things about the game. What is the fun in that?

I've noticed that, too, and sometimes I'm guilty of it myself. I think it's rooted in the Northeastern/North Central European people who settled here generations ago. They tend to be more stoic, and that attitude takes ages to change. Nebraskans are polite and friendly, yes, but we're a grumpy lot as well.

I blame the fact that is is always flipping cold in this crappy part of the country.

Good post.

I realize people are wired different, or cut from a different cloth, but I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around your situation. It's clear that you seem to have some real issues. That's unfortunate, and I feel for ya. However, it's equally as clear that these issues can't possibly stem from the members of Huskerboard, or the overall mood of the board. If they do, this place carries way too much clout in your life. Letting a message board even partially dictate your mood seems dangerous.

Log off Huskerboard, and get some help man.

And Good luck.

You're right, my "issues" don't stem from Huskerboard. I didn't mean to suggest that was at all the case. Not sure if I didn't articulate that well or what, but Huskerboard has very little impact on my mood - it's nothing more or less than a nice supplementary form of enjoyment that takes up more or less time depending on how the rest of life goes.

I appreciate the message and the thoughts all around.

2 years ago or so I had to back away from all forums and talk radio. I was becoming MR negative and this is a ENFP guy here. My family saw negativity grabbing a hold of me. So, for me, monitoring the input helped to bring back balance. While I like the political forum for all of the views expressed, I get frustrated because I don't have time to do the research needed. So, I've learned to pace my self a bit better as well as my expectations. It is easy to lose perspective when discussing football or politics and sometimes it is good to back away for a while. It helped me to do so.

Landlord - I've appreciated your posts. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Fire 1