Future of the Blackshirts?

Mavric

I think this is a very smart move on Banker's part.

In order to do this right, value must be built into wearing a black shirt so that players strive to get one. In doing so, they will not only better themselves as players but they will up the level of competition and bring other competitors on the defense up to their level.

I honestly think the defense will be pretty salty next year. Hopefully with opening up talks with McBride ex blackshirts will also be welcomed back to preach to these guys

I agree with you on 2 levels of the defense being salty. Our LB's are 1 injury away from being a weakness next year. Rose, Santos, and ???,, Newby has yet to line up at traditional LB yet. Love who I think would have strived in this defense is gone Better strap up Young we going to need you next year.

I dont think we will ever be happy with how the blackshirts are handed out until we play good defense. Then start handing them out at the beginning of the season.