The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

If Mitt Romney runs you can pencil in any candidate on the Democratic side and they'll win. Unfortunately that probably means Hillary and I would like that about as much as having red hot skewers shoved under my fingernails, so here's hoping Mitt doesn't run.

But seriously. Look at that dog's breakfast of candidates. Jeb Bush/Bush 3.0 - NOPE. Scott Walker - NOPE. Muck Hikabee - NOPE. Rand Paul - NOPE. Ted Cruz - NOPE. Paul Ryan - NOPE. Marco Rubio - NOPE.

I'd vote for Christie over anyone on that list. I want to flay alive the next person who brings up that damned bridge crap again. But that doesn't mean I think Christie would be a good president.

Here's hoping there's some brilliant new unheralded person, preferably an Independent, that comes sweeping in and saves us from the parade of stuffed suits we're going to get from the Republicans & Democrats next year.

If Mitt Romney runs you can pencil in any candidate on the Democratic side and they'll win. Unfortunately that probably means Hillary and I would like that about as much as having red hot skewers shoved under my fingernails, so here's hoping Mitt doesn't run.

But seriously. Look at that dog's breakfast of candidates. Jeb Bush/Bush 3.0 - NOPE. Scott Walker - NOPE. Muck Hikabee - NOPE. Rand Paul - NOPE. Ted Cruz - NOPE. Paul Ryan - NOPE. Marco Rubio - NOPE.

I'd vote for Christie over anyone on that list. I want to flay alive the next person who brings up that damned bridge crap again. But that doesn't mean I think Christie would be a good president.

Here's hoping there's some brilliant new unheralded person, preferably an Independent, that comes sweeping in and saves us from the parade of stuffed suits we're going to get from the Republicans & Democrats next year.

Hey, Donald Trump is considering a run....

Here's the issue. As long as there is that vocal base that keeps electing guys like Cruz to any office, they can't win a national election. The crazies push the primary so far to the right, that it will keep out, or knock out, any reasonable candidate (Huntsman last time for instance) With Cruz, Paul and Huckabee involved its an assurance of extreme right running the show. And anyone who is going to come out the other side of the gauntlet of insanity is not going to beat anyone the Democrats put up there. (Probably Clinton, but would prefer Warren) Its the exact type of problem Romney ran into last time.

Knapp really wants Rick Perry to step forward and was sad not to see his name on the list above :ahhhhhhhh Just kidding Knapp.

I've mentioned before that I like Walker but I'm not convinced he could win the nomination or the general election. I'm surprised that there are

actually 3 more moderate guys looking to run - Romney, Bush and Christie - My surprise is that I didn't think Romney and Christie both would get in.

My fear is that out of those 3 we end up wt Bush.. I'd go wt Christie but I don't care for a Romney repeat or Bush. I too am looking for that inspiring candidate - or as Knapp said the 'brilliant & unheralded' person

The person with big ideas. While I like Walker, he's not exactly an inspiring guy. I think Huckabee, Cruz, and Santorium (who will probably jump in) will divide the Christian right vote - and therefore go no where.

Rand Paul may grab the younger vote and libertarian leaning conservatives.

Paul Ryan - the policy wonks will like him

Romney vote: is a reaction to Obama. Hopefully people will come to their senses and get over their 'buyers remorse'.

Rubio has been too Romney & John Kerry like - wishy washy on his opinions

In the end, I think it will become a race between Rand Paul and one of the more moderate guys - which I hope is Christie (not my favorite guy but I think has broader appeal than another Bush or a Romney repeat). I don't know of another center right guy out there who would run.

"A very prominent conservative Republican consultant called me last night and said that he spoke to Ann Romney over the weekend and Ann said if Mitt runs, he will run as the first divorced Mormon candidate for the president of the United States," Zogby said

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/republicans-polls/2015/01/13/id/618393/

Makes me wonder if Romney still has trouble with basic levels of truthfulness . . .

Romney said that his wife, Ann, is "very encouraging" about 2016, the source said, but his sons are split about the idea, the source who was in the room said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/09/politics/romney-tells-donors-considering-2016-bid/