Quin Snyder?

I just seen where he stepped down at Misery.  Could this be a good option for us at HC?

No, not a good option. Unless you want a coach that is worse than the one we currently have. Dana Altman will be the #1 target, but the question is, will he leave Creighton?

I'd be pushing for Bob Huggins. He's my number one choice.

:yeah

GBR!!!

Why Bob Huggins? Yeah, he won a lot at Cincinatti, but he left a sordid past behind him there as well. I wouldn't want him as coach and I seriously doubt Pederson would be willing to stick his neck out for him.

I'd be pushing for Bob Huggins. He's my number one choice.

:yeah

GBR!!!

Why Bob Huggins? Yeah, he won a lot at Cincinatti, but he left a sordid past behind him there as well. I wouldn't want him as coach and I seriously doubt Pederson would be willing to stick his neck out for him.

Most people learn from their mistakes and I think Steve P. could sit down and at least listen to what kind of ideas B.Huggins has and what he could bring to Neb. If there were any doubts at all you don't have to hire him. Name recognition helps in recruiting and he certainly has that. It may not all be good but alot of people have a little baggage they carry around. T.T didn't wait to hire Bobby K. and who had more problems then him, and it seemed to be work out for them. Bob Huggins won't be asked to bring us a N/C, but just be able to compete with the rest of the Big12 from time to time would be an upgrade for this program.IMHO...

GBR!!!

hey guys, just saw you were discussing hugs as new NU coaching prospect. I live in Cincinnati and actually had a class with his daughter. Huggins definitely has had a raw past, but, if NU is serious about building a program he is definitely a great coach. He recruits extremely well especially from this area which is a hotbed for bball talent. He still remains very popular around the area and most UC fans were outraged by his firing from nancy zipper. Also, his impact is evident in the fact that UC was a perrenial tourney team, last year I think they went to the sweet 16 but lost to Kentucky I think....Maybe Louisville. But anyway, they returned almost all of their starters this year and are mediocre at best. I say go for it.

But anyway, they returned almost all of their starters this year and are mediocre at best. I say go for it.

They are also in the Big East this season. Big difference between C-USA and the Big East. Huggins seems to be a great coach and motivator(as BigRedDallasTexan said), but is he a good hire considering his background and his problems(not nearly as bad as Jim Harrick, but something to consider)? Everyone makes mistakes, but Pederson already has his ass on the line with Callahan, I doubt he'd stick his neck out for a guy like Huggins.

Another poster also talked about Bobby Knight, and from what I read last year and the year before, the AD and several others were regretting bringing him on board. Now that he is losing games, his a-hole personality is less and less clever and quirky. Just something to consider, think further down the road than the right here and now.