Ohio State 2002 vs Ohio State 2014

OH HSKR FAN

Defense wins championships. Only time a team broke over 21 points, it took 2 overtimes that the refs gifted Miami to even get to.

They took a dynasty and utterly crapped on it. Ever since that game the Miami program has become non-existent.

They never lost a game

In the head to head, the 2002 would be the underdog.

Plus look at that team and look who was or still is in the NFL

Michael Jenkins

Rob Sims

Adrien Clarke

Alex Stepanovich

Nick Mangold

Bryce Bishop

Shane Olivea

Ben Hartsock

Ryan Hamby

Chris Gamble

Craig Krenzel

Maurice Clarett

Brandon Joe

Mike Nugent

Andy Groom

Chris Gamble

Will Smith

Simon Fraser

Kenny Peterson

Tim Anderson

Darrion Scott

Dustin Fox

Nate Salley

Donnie Nickey

Will Allen

Cie Grant

AJ Hawk

Matt Wilhelm

Robert Reynolds

Bobby Carpenter

Mike Doss

That 2002 team played a tougher schedule too

Blew out tortilla tech

34-3 vs Minnesota and Marion Barber

13-7 vs PSU and Heisman finalist Larry Johnson Jr.

Blew out Pac-10 Champ Wazzou

Beat a top-10 wolverweenie team

tough game in Camp Randall

That being said, if they had to play the U AND USC back to back I don't know how they would have fared. Miami was an emotionally draining win.

Wazzou was good enough to beat USC so we definitely would have competed.

Both tOSU teams were great. The '02 team was probly a bit more talented. But wasn't there a real controversial call back in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl against Miami? I absolutely hate Miami, but I recall thinking they got jobbed on a 4th down penalty call in overtime. The call against the Canes came after the play was over (and the game would've been over) and gave the Bucknuts a 1st down on the two yard line. That sort of put a taint on the game.

Anyway, so I guess '95 Huskers is the correct answer. :lol:

Both tOSU teams were great. The '02 team was probly a bit more talented. But wasn't there a real controversial call back in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl against Miami? I absolutely hate Miami, but I recall thinking they got jobbed on a 4th down penalty call in overtime. The call against the Canes came after the play was over (and the game would've been over) and gave the Bucknuts a 1st down on the two yard line. That sort of put a taint on the game.

NdNGbXC.gif

• Fire 1

2002 had a ton of talent and the intangibles to win close games. Maybe Tressel's conservative play calling kept the games closer than they should have been. Many of the facets between the two teams are even but I like the QB play out of the 2014 team better. Krenzel was a solid game manager.

I think most OSU fans feel like they got jobbed before the OT.

This right here. Anyone who complains about the refs giving the championship to Ohio State, needs to pay attention to that video. Not only did he catch that ball, but that should have also been a penalty.

This right here. Anyone who complains about the refs giving the championship to Ohio State, needs to pay attention to that video. Not only did he catch that ball, but that should have also been a penalty.

I think a big reason for the controversy of the OT interference call was because of the delay between the play and the flag. That, and it came on a play that would've ended the game. But I don't disagree about the other play, the one in your video. It was also a bad call.

I think a big reason for the controversy of the OT interference call was because of the delay between the play and the flag. That, and it came on a play that would've ended the game. But I don't disagree about the other play, the one in your video. It was also a bad call.

The difference being, the Miami PI, wasn't a bad call. It was Passing interference, just not when people thought it was (the ball was closer to Krenzel when it happened, not when the ball was right there in the end zone)

The difference being, the Miami PI, wasn't a bad call. It was Passing interference, just not when people thought it was (the ball was closer to Krenzel when it happened, not when the ball was right there in the end zone)

The National Association of Sports Officials is on record saying it was the correct call & Referee Magazine listed it as one of the best calls of all time.