Follow Coach Riley: listing of when and where he is speaking today on signing day

Glad Riley is making the rounds, because I'm hearing zero mentions of Nebraska in any of the national draft day conversations.

Plenty of talk about Harbaugh and Michigan, even if it's to remind us he started late and there's not much of a story yet.

Also several mentions of Miami, just to confirm how far Al Golden and the program have fallen.

• Plus1 1

I listened to his press conference today and the more I hear him speak the more impressed I am with Coach Riley. His answers are informative and usually complimentary to someone. He truly seems excited to be here and has coached long enough to understand the challenges. One thing that made me smile was the idea of recruiting to Nebraska. Many have said it is too difficult to get kids to come to Lincoln to see what's here. Riley said he was thrilled being right here in the center of the country where he can go east, west or south easily to find kids. He also stressed the idea of using the 500 mile radius as the foundation to each recruiting class.

• Fire 1

Glad Riley is making the rounds, because I'm hearing zero mentions of Nebraska in any of the national draft day conversations.

Plenty of talk about Harbaugh and Michigan, even if it's to remind us he started late and there's not much of a story yet.

Also several mentions of Miami, just to confirm how far Al Golden and the program have fallen.

Is this surprising? We don't have a head coach who is going to generate clicks for the "OMG he said/did WHAT?" We have never been a 'sexy' program to talk about. (Not having a metered market in the state is probably a giant factor with this, "if no one is monitoring, is anyone watching?")

Is this surprising? We don't have a head coach who is going to generate clicks for the "OMG he said/did WHAT?" We have never been a 'sexy' program to talk about. (Not having a metered market in the state is probably a giant factor with this, "if no one is monitoring, is anyone watching?")

Surprising? Not really. But we did used to be a "sexy" program to talk about, simply because we were a difference maker in college football.

The Husker's ability to poach top athletes from warm-weather states and inner-cities to Lincoln, Nebraska always made us a story. We used to be a sexy destination for interior lineman. It would be nice to get back to that.

I thought a good first class for Mike Riley might get some mention. Michigan and Nebraska are in essentially the same boat, but Harbaugh generates media heat in a way Riley can't. For that matter, Wisconsin and MSU haven't been in the conversation either. Nobody talks about Notre Dame. Lots of talk about Texas, but nobody else in the Big 12.

Good news is that nothing matters till it happens on the field. A lot of under-the-radar recruiting classes end up thriving.

Media activity around recruiting has gone a bit crazy since Nebraska was relevant.

• Plus1 1