GT: Iowa at Nebraska - 2PM - BTN

So...he threw his entire team under the bus (yes, he did) and he got smoked by 30 at home...and it is the same team as last year...

The boys can't put the ball in the hoop and they turn the ball over.

Just curious, what can Miles do?

If you think someone else should be playing, who and why?

I think you play anyone else. The starters right now suck. And if your bench players aren't good enough to play on a sucky team, then you are screwed either way. might as well try anything to light a spark.

Plus...it is his 3rd year...why doesn't he have any of his recruits playing at all? No sophomores?

There are some of his recruits. Smith is playing a decent amount and Fuller got some run yesterday.

But I pointed out the same thing earlier. If the guys he was "stuck" with are so bad, why haven't more of his recruits jumped in front of them?

Petteway and Pitchford are also guys Miles recruited as transfers. TP was All-Conference last year, and Pitchford was solid last year. This year, they have been disappointing. Other than Shields, I am not sure what "leftover" guys are playing a ton of minutes.

Shields and Rivers is it. Everyone else playing are Miles' guys.

Thanks. I thought I remember him recruiting Petteway but couldn't remember for sure. Didn't know on Pitchford.

So Shields and to some extent Rivers are the two hold-overs. And they're probably right at the top of the hard-worker list.

So...he threw his entire team under the bus (yes, he did) and he got smoked by 30 at home...and it is the same team as last year...

I think you play anyone else. The starters right now suck. And if your bench players aren't good enough to play on a sucky team, then you are screwed either way. might as well try anything to light a spark.

Plus...it is his 3rd year...why doesn't he have any of his recruits playing at all? No sophomores?

There are some of his recruits. Smith is playing a decent amount and Fuller got some run yesterday.

But I pointed out the same thing earlier. If the guys he was "stuck" with are so bad, why haven't more of his recruits jumped in front of them?

Petteway and Pitchford are also guys Miles recruited as transfers. TP was All-Conference last year, and Pitchford was solid last year. This year, they have been disappointing. Other than Shields, I am not sure what "leftover" guys are playing a ton of minutes.

Thanks. I thought I remember him recruiting Petteway but couldn't remember for sure. Didn't know on Pitchford.

So Shields and to some extent Rivers are the two hold-overs. And they're probably right at the top of the hard-worker list.

Didn't Shields make some waves about transferring after Sadler was fired? It seems like he'd already signed a LOI, but hadn't shown up on campus yet, and was thinking about going elsewhere. Then Miles met with him, settled him down, and brought him into the fold. Or maybe I'm just not remembering that right. But if that's the way it played out then I'd say Miles had a hand in his recruiting.

Didn't Shields make some waves about transferring after Sadler was fired? It seems like he'd already signed a LOI, but hadn't shown up on campus yet, and was thinking about going elsewhere. Then Miles met with him, settled him down, and brought him into the fold. Or maybe I'm just not remembering that right. But if that's the way it played out then I'd say Miles had a hand in his recruiting.

I am sure Miles had to do some re-recruiting for Shields.

Benny Parker was also recruited/signed by Sadler.

Shields said that the coaching change didn't change his mind in the past that he always wanted to go to Nebraska. He did meet with Miles to make sure they were on the same page, but he'd still be considered a Sadler recruit.

• Fire 1