The Paranormal

Anytime I make mention that I investigate the paranormal I typically get either one of two responses:

"Dude, that's awesome! What's the coolest thing you have seen?"

"Really? Why, you know that stuff isn't real."

Well I thought I would just take a moment and offer my personal views on the paranormal. I take a skeptical approach. Anytime I go somewhere I go in with the mind frame that any activity we have been told of can be explained through a little investigating. If a family contacts my group concerned for their safety we go in with the hope to debunk their claims so that they don't have to feel scared. It isn't all about a cheap thrill, it's also about helping people in need. Unfortunately TV has made that aspect of the field look silly and unimportant. TV shows now want you to think all haunting's are demonic in nature. This couldn't be further from the case. Most investigators will never deal with a demonic haunting case.

The other reward, other than helping people, is when we capture something we can't explain. This could be a disembodied voice, an object moving that shouldn't, a sensation of being touched, seeing an apparition etc. I have seen, heard and felt a lot of things I can't explain, things I have documented. These events make what we do worth while.

Science goes a long way in answering what paranormal activity is caused by. Guess what? Most of the time it isn't a lost soul. Infrasound is a typical cause. It is a reverberation from a mechanical device that can cause feelings of uneasiness or even hallucination. A residual haunting is believed to be nothing more than a moment in time trapped by the elements. This is achieved by a combination of different natural elements like limestone or water.

I also believe in the multi-dimensional theory that those moments of deja-vu, or ghostly figures are nothing more than glimpses at another plane of existence that happen by accident.

The funniest thing I find are the people who try to use religion as a way of telling me ghosts can't be real. Or even someone who says science can prove ghosts aren't real, my usual response is "I know, that is kinda what I do".

In closing I have several interesting experiences yet not one that has swayed my skeptical approach. If anyone has a question, please feel free to ask.

How far into the movie did you know Bruce Willis was already dead?

I didn't, it was a surprise.

Do you have a sense of irony?

I enjoy irony

Is your favorite Alison Krause song "Ghost in the House" or do you find it trite?

no clue what that is

Look, it's not that we think you are stupid... It's that we think you are completely insane.

I'm ok with this

Serious questions. How much money have you invested in equipment for this? Or into traveling to these "haunted" places? And do you charge people a fee to show them that your ghost location machines don't show ghosts in their houses?

I have invested quite a bit of time and money into the various equipment and of course travel costs are always a doozy. But really how is it any different than someone who spends money on a different hobby like hunting, fishing, motorcycles etc.

No my team does not charge a fee, ever. Any team that does is clearly in it for the wrong reasons. And as I stated above, if I'm in someones house, I hope to show them that there aren't ghosts in their house.

Serious questions. How much money have you invested in equipment for this? Or into traveling to these "haunted" places? And do you charge people a fee to show them that your ghost location machines don't show ghosts in their houses?

I have invested quite a bit of time and money into the various equipment and of course travel costs are always a doozy. But really how is it any different than someone who spends money on a different hobby like hunting, fishing, motorcycles etc.

No my team does not charge a fee, ever. Any team that does is clearly in it for the wrong reasons. And as I stated above, if I'm in someones house, I hope to show them that there aren't ghosts in their house.

I was just curious how much it has cost you. I realize people spend money on different things.

I haven't experienced anything paranormal myself. But I know people who swear that they have. So I wouldn't necessarily rule it out. I think there are things in the world that we just don't perceive or understand right now.

What has been your creepiest or most interesting encounter, Redux? Something that you experienced but just can't explain.