The Paranormal

The place I wanna go in Cali is that crazy mansion, Mystery Manor I think it is called. Not so much because it is supposed to be haunted, but because the crazy broad that had it built made it like a fun house. Staircases leading to nowhere, hidden rooms, balconies you can't accesss etc. Sounds cool as hell to see.

Winchester Manor. It's unimpressive in person. It's a rambling old house with stairways, windows & doors in crazy places, and most are fake. She was the heir to the Winchester gun fortune, and feared that all the spirits of those killed by Winchester firearms would hold her accountable for their deaths. She built the house in such a crazy way to confuse the spirits who would attempt to haunt her. As I recall from the tour, the house was never completed, but stayed under construction in some form until her death.

The way I understood it, the workers were year round. They were constantly changing things to "confuse" the spirits. The day she died, they basically laid their tools down and left. Someone told me several tools still sat in the samr place they laid them but I assume that is bonk since it is now open to the public as an attraction.

Kinda bummed to hear it isn't as awe inspiring as they built it up to be.

Sorry to spoil the fun. It reminded me of my grandfather's giant, nice old farmhouse. It was cool because it's a throw-back style of architecture, but it's worn over time, and despite the odd stairs & passages, it's still just a house.

Mystery Manor is a "haunted house" in downtown Omaha

Thats right. I knew the name didn't sound right. I've never been to that either though. The whole favricated haunted house thing was never my thing.

The place I wanna go in Cali is that crazy mansion, Mystery Manor I think it is called. Not so much because it is supposed to be haunted, but because the crazy broad that had it built made it like a fun house. Staircases leading to nowhere, hidden rooms, balconies you can't accesss etc. Sounds cool as hell to see.

Winchester Manor. It's unimpressive in person. It's a rambling old house with stairways, windows & doors in crazy places, and most are fake. She was the heir to the Winchester gun fortune, and feared that all the spirits of those killed by Winchester firearms would hold her accountable for their deaths. She built the house in such a crazy way to confuse the spirits who would attempt to haunt her. As I recall from the tour, the house was never completed, but stayed under construction in some form until her death.

The way I understood it, the workers were year round. They were constantly changing things to "confuse" the spirits. The day she died, they basically laid their tools down and left. Someone told me several tools still sat in the samr place they laid them but I assume that is bonk since it is now open to the public as an attraction.

Kinda bummed to hear it isn't as awe inspiring as they built it up to be.

Sorry to spoil the fun. It reminded me of my grandfather's giant, nice old farmhouse. It was cool because it's a throw-back style of architecture, but it's worn over time, and despite the odd stairs & passages, it's still just a house.

I wouldn't make a special trip for it then. But I do like seeing unique houses so I would still stop in if I was in the area. One of the perks of doing what I do is getting to see older buildings and hear about the history of places.

• 6 months later...

My kids both think our house is haunted. They claim to have seen and heard weird things in our 100 year old house. I've always said poppycock.

This morning I was upstairs, alone in the house. I clearly heard someone walk across a room downstairs. Five or six steps, either in the kitchen or the hall leading to the kitchen. I didn't hear the back door open, but glanced out the window anyway, thinking my wife was late taking our kid to kindergarten. Her car was gone. She had left about five minutes before. Spooky! :hellloooo

My kids both think our house is haunted. They claim to have seen and heard weird things in our 100 year old house. I've always said poppycock.

This morning I was upstairs, alone in the house. I clearly heard someone walk across a room downstairs. Five or six steps, either in the kitchen or the hall leading to the kitchen. I didn't hear the back door open, but glanced out the window anyway, thinking my wife was late taking our kid to kindergarten. Her car was gone. She had left about five minutes before. Spooky! :hellloooo

31750141.jpg

• Fire 1

There was nobody else in the house whatsoever, no pets or anything?

I'm not saying it was paranormal. But it was sort of freaky and unexplainable.

Sure, that's what I deal with.

My first thought would be noise traveling through vents creating an walking noise. Second thought would be wind causing house to settle.

I have encountered this phenomena before. My team met with a family and toured the house. After the tour we were standing in living room talking next to the staircase. Both us and the couple clearly heard walking down the stairs next to us, we all shrugged it off thinking it was the daughter coming down. After a couple minutes nothing. We check and she is still upstairs, headphones on, oblivious to anything. Never did figure out the cause somit was interesting. When we investigated it we had an investigator hear someone walking around upstairs while they were the only one in the house, caught it on recording too.