The Paranormal

Tiny phone brah. You become a mod and think you have the right to be a grammar Nazi! This agression will not stand!

Religious Mattyice, are you?

Define religious, and you'll have your answer... And you better not pull some line off a movie on me.

PS: that 4th of July post was drunk MattyIce, I don't recall posting it even.

Ive noticed a few gems from your 4th.

Religious as in do you believe in an afterlife or the concept of souls? Do you believe in the idea of evil forces trying to manipulate people?

To be honest, I've struggled with that concept

most of my life(28 years old). I don't believe in the idea of evil forces trying to manipulate people(unless you are talking mental illness).

As far as an afterlife, I hope so, I just don't know at this point really. To this point, I've just believed that if you bust your tail hard enough and for long enough things will work out, now a religious person would say that means god works in mysterious ways...

This is a bit of a break for the norm on this thread but I went to high school in Beatrice. The movie The Gallows was written and directed by a guy from Beatrice and the movie is about a kid who died in the high school. The amount of idiots on my Facebook feed that claim this is a true story and that they knew the kid is astounding. It's a great reminder of why I don't use Facebook much. :facepalm:

Ive noticed a few gems from your 4th.

Religious as in do you believe in an afterlife or the concept of souls? Do you believe in the idea of evil forces trying to manipulate people?

To be honest, I've struggled with that concept

most of my life(28 years old). I don't believe in the idea of evil forces trying to manipulate people(unless you are talking mental illness).

As far as an afterlife, I hope so, I just don't know at this point really. To this point, I've just believed that if you bust your tail hard enough and for long enough things will work out, now a religious person would say that means god works in mysterious ways...

If you accept at all that there is a possibility of an afterlife then the idea of people having souls should be agreeable no?

If someone who is supposed to ascend to heaven gets stuck or is sentenced to a stay in purgatory would the idea of a soul stuck in this existence be all that crazy?

Now take the religion out of it. Paranormal activity can be explained most of the time in various ways if you look for causes. The rare instances of unexplainable phenomenon could be explained scientifically. Simple reasoning could be that a paranormal being is simply leftover energy from a past event. Interactive entities could simply be a crossover from some other alternate reality as wacky as that sounds.

• 1 month later...

The place I wanna go in Cali is that crazy mansion, Mystery Manor I think it is called. Not so much because it is supposed to be haunted, but because the crazy broad that had it built made it like a fun house. Staircases leading to nowhere, hidden rooms, balconies you can't accesss etc. Sounds cool as hell to see.

The place I wanna go in Cali is that crazy mansion, Mystery Manor I think it is called. Not so much because it is supposed to be haunted, but because the crazy broad that had it built made it like a fun house. Staircases leading to nowhere, hidden rooms, balconies you can't accesss etc. Sounds cool as hell to see.

Winchester Manor. It's unimpressive in person. It's a rambling old house with stairways, windows & doors in crazy places, and most are fake. She was the heir to the Winchester gun fortune, and feared that all the spirits of those killed by Winchester firearms would hold her accountable for their deaths. She built the house in such a crazy way to confuse the spirits who would attempt to haunt her. As I recall from the tour, the house was never completed, but stayed under construction in some form until her death.

Winchester Manor. It's unimpressive in person. It's a rambling old house with stairways, windows & doors in crazy places, and most are fake. She was the heir to the Winchester gun fortune, and feared that all the spirits of those killed by Winchester firearms would hold her accountable for their deaths. She built the house in such a crazy way to confuse the spirits who would attempt to haunt her. As I recall from the tour, the house was never completed, but stayed under construction in some form until her death.

The way I understood it, the workers were year round. They were constantly changing things to "confuse" the spirits. The day she died, they basically laid their tools down and left. Someone told me several tools still sat in the samr place they laid them but I assume that is bonk since it is now open to the public as an attraction.

Kinda bummed to hear it isn't as awe inspiring as they built it up to be.