Small insight into Langsdorf's coaching

This is an article summarizing Tom Herman's career and his regarded status as a QB guru.

I was surprised so see this detail mentioned:

As for Herman, he credits long-time Mike Riley assistant Danny Langsdorf, the current Nebraska OC/QB coach, for sharing his insight with him.

"He was a young coach when I was playing at Cal Lutheran, and I knew [Langsdorf] well enough where I could really pick his brain after he spoke at a clinic at Oregon State on drills," Herman said. "I liked a lot of his drills. And I'll never forget he said, 'Always, always, always make your drills simulate what you're going to see in the game.'

"No offense to [QB guru] George [Whitfield], but you don't see brooms in the game. So, if a kid is having trouble flushing to his right, do everything you can the next week to simulate the scenario that caused him to have problems so you can get it right. Who cares about the cones and the bags? If it simulates to what the kid is feeling on a Saturday, then you've got a good drill."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/houston-cougars-ohio-state-buckeyes-tom-herman-qb-guru-043015

• Fire 5

Does he seem like the HC in waiting to you guys?

Very well could be.

I kinda get that vibe as well.

However we need too see how this Riley experiment shakes out before we start speculating on his successor.

Love having Langsdorf here though, He is the kind of coach we have needed these past few years.

Does he seem like the HC in waiting to you guys?

Very well could be.

I kinda get that vibe as well.

However we need too see how this Riley experiment shakes out before we start speculating on his successor.

Love having Langsdorf here though, He is the kind of coach we have needed these past few years.

But Langsdorf would give the fans the opportunity about hiring a coach "who has never been a head coach before"'!!!

Also we haven't brought in Scott Frost yet to be "coach in waiting".