you guys would seriously take a one-off transfer QB who:

1. was mediocre at best at Notre Dame

2. sat out a year due to academic suspension

3. hemorrhages turnovers

4. lost his job to a freshman

over a guy who is entering his third season as a starter and who has spent all that time building up trust, confidence, and affinity with his teammates? why do Husker fans in particular have such consistent disdain for their starting quarterback?

No, I wouldn't take Golson over TA. If TA gets his short passing game together, he could be great over the next 2 years.

I do not think Riley would take him under any circumstance. He needs to build trust and loyalty. Dropping a kid that has started two years, been in the system for 3 is not what you do. Golson will end up at a high level program. FSU, Bama or something like them.

Coach Riley is going to do things the right way. He has to for the good of the program and the minds of the young men already here.

We do not need the kid. We have a QB of like talent or better, just less hype, and far less development over the last three years.

One hit on Golson is wrong. Yea he got into trouble over grades/academics, but he cleaned up his act and graduated from Notre Dame. I would think they watched him like a hawk. I give the kid credit for finishing and overcoming that. It had to be tough for him.