Brion Carnes and Bo's Doghouse

I don't know anything about the details of the situation surrounding Dillard or why he seemed to vanish for a period of time, but Google search "phillip dillard pelini doghouse" and you do get a lot of articles on the subject.

Funny how in the beginning of this discussion there was people that seemed to try to dismiss the whole idea of there even being a doghouse. This "doghouse" conversation didn't just invent itself and it's pretty well documented.

Unfortunately, most of us could never truly know all the details about why Bo made the decisions he made with certain players, that is, unless those players come out and talk about what a vindictive, angry, dictator Pelini was. Then when a guy like Brion Carnes does come out with his story and confirm what most of us with funtioning brains believed, then I don't think it's fair to dog on Brion for telling it how he saw it.

Other than this crazy loyalty to Pelini that some of you have, I don't know how any of the rest of us could be shocked at all by hearing those former coaches, especially Bo, could hold such hostility toward an individual. Hell, they didn't beat around the bush when it came to the resentment of this fan base. Holding a grudge againt a player that told Bo where to shove his bullsh#t doesn't seem shocking. Hell, even a kid that wasn't even in the program was told "I can't believe you're doing this", "good luck you're going to need it" when he decided to deommit. Who knows what else was said there, and that was a RECRUIT!

We've seen the finger pointing, nostril flaring, spitting douchebag on the sideline. Imagine practice? I'm sure there were some guys Bo probably went too far with and maybe those players told him where to shove it at some point or another. Who knows? It's just another theory.

• Fire 1

I'm certain. We're dummies who question things.

For Bo, Zac Lee was the first time that I started to sour on him. Jamal Turner in 2011 (all due respect to Tim Marlowe), but of course there was a company line there. Then we had Aaron Curry, who when he finally got his chance it was over VV instead of the other guy with the shaky knee history that struggled most of the year. Last year, a lot of people noted the right side of the OL, including center, as well as a LB (Zaire, right?)

I know coaches had their reasons but it was disappointing that these players were often totally buried. There wasn't a sense that hey, we have this promising second string and the starters need to keep up their game. The starters were unassailable. And THAT seems to have come from the coaches.

So, I think Riley can make things better by keeping everyone in the mix. If they don't play, don't make the case that they are just so far behind.

• Fire 1

Again, I was blaming Bo Pelini before blaming Bo Pelini was cool, but you really need some confirmation from ex-coaches and ex-players before you can establish a doghouse claim, and whether the doghouse was totally unfair. Again, there are talented football players with personalities and practice habits detrimental to the team. The whole story is generally more complicated than good players not seeing the field enough. I think Bo Pelini was perfectly capable of undermining any roster that took the field. The only thing that makes Brion Carnes look better is reckless hindsight.

I also jumped on the Riley bandwagon the moment he was announced and I Googled his name. I can't tell you how much happier I am with Riley as head coach and talent evaluator. But I guarantee he will make personnel decisions that spark controversy in the fanbase, because the internet will collapse if he doesn't.

I hope some of the fans on this thread aren't rooting for that moment so they can revive the spittle-spewing ghost of Bo Pelini, cause that's the real lose-lose scenario.

I hope some of the fans on this thread aren't rooting for that moment so they can revive the spittle-spewing ghost of Bo Pelini, cause that's the real lose-lose scenario.

The issue of questionable personnel decisions is not unique to Riley or Pelini.

No, but the issue of the few that defend every decision a coach makes no matter how blatanlty stupid, that takes a special bunch. I call them Bolievers.

I imagine every Boliever closely resembles this guy:

• Fire 1

Yes. That was the point of my post.

I tacked on that last line because it's really easy to envision.

Sker, I could if it was important enough to me, go back and find posts I made regarding it when it was going on. But as you think know most everything, I feel it would be a waste of time. I doubt you could read it with the view you normally have. I think I have mentioned it several times, so will spare the others.

Your the one guessing sir. The sad part is your hoping (in my opinion)that Coach Riley fails so your idol looks better. He never will. Down the road it will prove to be the worst thing that has ever happened to Nebraska and its image. Being so blind in loyalty makes problems to.

Sad part is your a Pelini fan, not a Nebraska fan, and I waste time talking to you. It will not happen again.

As to the affects of a comment.

18 year old high school senior football player tells Coach Bo Pelini to go "F" himself among other things about his character. I see no reason that the level headed coach would not be forgiving. I can not imagine Bo carrying a grudge.

I think I'm gonna go with the full enchilada plate here. Carnes wasn't good enough. Bo did doghouse him. And Bo was a douchebag. Boom (too early....to say that?)

+1

Honestly I think that sums it up pretty well.

The source of any confusion of this really basic concept like you've stated, three things - all true, was I think people were jumping to a conclusion that by saying that Carnes may have been in the doghouse that somehow meant he was probably good enough to be the starter. Nobody has said that and truthfully, it's doubtful. People are just saying Bo is a douchebag and he had a doghouse. Carnes was in it and it effected his time as a QB at Nebraska.