Buckeye Dynasty?

Creed

Supposedly we are going to have a couple WR suspensions for the VaTech game(not too bad since Braxton is going to be in the H-Back role) but after that I like our chances until Sparty at home in November.

The tough part of the schedule could be a little more spread out but it is slim pickings until November.

3 OOC creampuffs, IU, Minny, PSU, UMD, RU and Illinois...thats easy work

Look I'm as much of an OSU advocate for repeating as any person on the board or in the nation really....but easy work?

It took OT to beat PSU last year.

With Braxton Miller moving to WR, it's feasible that at least a few times per game we'll see JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, Braxton Miller and Ezekiel Elliot all on the field at the same time.

Yikes.

Why would Cardale Jones and JT Barrett be on the field at the same time? Curious if I have missed something.

Specifically designed packages to get incredible athletes and playmakers on the field at once. Like when Terrell Pryor would go to wide receiver his freshman year even though he was the starting qb.

Call this a difference in philosophy but to me if you are putting an extra QB on the field, you are taking away someone better at the position you would be putting the QB at.

Other than "trick plays" I don't see the benefit of having two QB's on the field at the same time, but even during trick plays the defense will be more alert to them if another QB is lined up elsewhere.

Thats just me, I don't care for it.

Wouldn't be the first time Urban had 2 QBs on the field at once. He done it a lot with Tebow and Leak at Florida.

Yea, I thought about that, I'm just saying that I wouldn't do it. Especially with all the athletes OSU has right now. I've seen both JT and Cardale play...and nothing stands out to me that screams "get him on the field, if we can't at QB". Braxton Miller on the other hand would be a different story.

I've been watching a lot of OSU tape the last couple weeks, and I can't figure out who I would rather have at QB. Probably JT Barrett, just because I feel like he performs better under pressure. When Cardale was pressured, he was less accurate and less decisive about where to go with the ball.

I've been watching a lot of OSU tape the last couple weeks, and I can't figure out who I would rather have at QB. Probably JT Barrett, just because I feel like he performs better under pressure. When Cardale was pressured, he was less accurate and less decisive about where to go with the ball.

I agree with this. I think Barrett showed enough throughout the whole season, even when he wasn't 100%.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Miami have a pretty cream puff schedule during their dynast? I don't think the Big 8 aside from Oklahoma presented any real challenges for Nebraska in the 90s.

Not sure if you're implying the Big 8 was bad or we were just that good, but the Big 8 was good in the 90s. In 1995 Kansas, Colorado, and Kansas State all ended up in the top 10. The only teams they lost to were each other and us. They all won their bowl games.

• Fire 1

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Miami have a pretty cream puff schedule during their dynast? I don't think the Big 8 aside from Oklahoma presented any real challenges for Nebraska in the 90s.

Not sure if you're implying the Big 8 was bad or we were just that good, but the Big 8 was good in the 90s. In 1995 Kansas, Colorado, and Kansas State all ended up in the top 10. The only teams they lost to were each other and us. They all won their bowl games.

I forgot how strong Colorado was in the early to mid 90s. I think OU was down then tho. Kansas might have had a good year in 1995 but were putrid otherwise. K-state was a top 15-ish team with some solid bowl wins over Colorado State and Syracuse,