Buckeye Dynasty?

Creed

Of course time will tell in a few years but how many of you think OSU will win 2+ titles in the next 5 years? They are absolutely loaded this year and may have the #1 recruiting class in 2016. I think Urban is building something special. Also given that there will be few road blocks with B1G being very average right now. Of course a bit of good fortune is needed in winning titles - see 59-0 win in CCG and getting in. See Alabama's wins over a QB-less Texas team, a putrid ND team and the laughable rematch game vs LSU.

SEC & media can talk about the SEC murderer's row schedule but it will keep some teams from making the playoffs or being too beat up come January. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Miami have a pretty cream puff schedule during their dynast? I don't think the Big 8 aside from Oklahoma presented any real challenges for Nebraska in the 90s.

I don't think OSU will win it this year because it is hard to repeat and I think the CFP makes that even harder. I do however think the undefeated 2012 team could have beat ND for the national championship that year.

One thin I know for sure, everyone will get sick of the repeat talk very early in the 2015 season.

Yea I think there's a real possibility of two more in five years. This season looks very good for them again.

Riley and Co. have their work cut out for them if they want to win this conference.

I wish Urban Meyer would leave Ohio St. and Ohio St. would hire Pelini. That would make things much easier.

Supposedly we are going to have a couple WR suspensions for the VaTech game(not too bad since Braxton is going to be in the H-Back role) but after that I like our chances until Sparty at home in November.

The tough part of the schedule could be a little more spread out but it is slim pickings until November.

3 OOC creampuffs, IU, Minny, PSU, UMD, RU and Illinois...thats easy work

Supposedly we are going to have a couple WR suspensions for the VaTech game(not too bad since Braxton is going to be in the H-Back role) but after that I like our chances until Sparty at home in November.

The tough part of the schedule could be a little more spread out but it is slim pickings until November.

Look I'm as much of an OSU advocate for repeating as any person on the board or in the nation really....but easy work?

It took OT to beat PSU last year.

With Braxton Miller moving to WR, it's feasible that at least a few times per game we'll see JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, Braxton Miller and Ezekiel Elliot all on the field at the same time.

Yikes.

Why would Cardale Jones and JT Barrett be on the field at the same time? Curious if I have missed something.

Look I'm as much of an OSU advocate for repeating as any person on the board or in the nation really....but easy work?

With Braxton Miller moving to WR, it's feasible that at least a few times per game we'll see JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, Braxton Miller and Ezekiel Elliot all on the field at the same time.

Yikes.

Why would Cardale Jones and JT Barrett be on the field at the same time? Curious if I have missed something.

Specifically designed packages to get incredible athletes and playmakers on the field at once. Like when Terrell Pryor would go to wide receiver his freshman year even though he was the starting qb.

Yikes.

Specifically designed packages to get incredible athletes and playmakers on the field at once. Like when Terrell Pryor would go to wide receiver his freshman year even though he was the starting qb.

Call this a difference in philosophy but to me if you are putting an extra QB on the field, you are taking away someone better at the position you would be putting the QB at.

Other than "trick plays" I don't see the benefit of having two QB's on the field at the same time, but even during trick plays the defense will be more alert to them if another QB is lined up elsewhere.

Thats just me, I don't care for it.

• Fire 1

I think it's quite possible OSU wins another title in the next 4 years. That being said, it is also difficult to keep a dynasty focused and moving forward for more than 6 or 7 years. TO did well to be at or near the top from 93 (Fla St Bowl game), 94 (Miami), 95 (Florida), 96 (loss to Tex kept them out) to 97 (Tennessee). This could have been an incredible 5 year run.

As teams become more successful assistant coaches leave. Teams become less hungry and usually get arrogant or players get into trouble. Coaches tire of 90 hour work weeks (except for Bill Snyder) as family issues arise. For at least the near future they will be difficult to unseat in the BIG 10 and be a tough draw for teams in the playoffs.

@COACH Power'T

I think you would agree that this OSU team is not the same as the one in Happy Valley last year. That game galvanized the team and they weren't the same from that point on.

Not to mention, Happy Valley is a great home field advantage and the loudest stadium in the Big Ten. It was 63-14 two years ago in Columbus. It won't be anywhere close to that but PSU usually doesn't win in The Shoe.

Barrett played with a sprained MCL in the Penn State game and I like our chances at home against them this year. I can see Barrett and Jones playing more like the way that Meyer used Tebow and Leak in Florida.

And yes, OSU schedule isn't the best but they won a NC with basically the same schedule last year. I think VT might be harder than most people believe but that is just because they play so well at home. Also, it isn't like VT won't have any confidence going into the game. They did beat the OSU at the Shoe last year. I understand this isn't the same team but it still is worth something.

@COACH Power'T

I think you would agree that this OSU team is not the same as the one in Happy Valley last year. That game galvanized the team and they weren't the same from that point on.

Not to mention, Happy Valley is a great home field advantage and the loudest stadium in the Big Ten. It was 63-14 two years ago in Columbus. It won't be anywhere close to that but PSU usually doesn't win in The Shoe.

I do agree, but I'm just saying, to make a point.

Barrett played with a sprained MCL in the Penn State game and I like our chances at home against them this year. I can see Barrett and Jones playing more like the way that Meyer used Tebow and Leak in Florida.

And yes, OSU schedule isn't the best but they won a NC with basically the same schedule last year. I think VT might be harder than most people believe but that is just because they play so well at home. Also, it isn't like VT won't have any confidence going into the game. They did beat the OSU at the Shoe last year. I understand this isn't the same team but it still is worth something.

I'm excited for that game. I expect OSU to win by 14+ but I'm thinking something like 31-13. I can't see VT moving the ball well at all, and I'm just going off what VT usually does as a defense. I expect them to play well especially at home.

31-13 or 28-10.

Something like that. I think Elliott will run for 2000 yards this year.

Yikes.

Call this a difference in philosophy but to me if you are putting an extra QB on the field, you are taking away someone better at the position you would be putting the QB at.

Other than "trick plays" I don't see the benefit of having two QB's on the field at the same time, but even during trick plays the defense will be more alert to them if another QB is lined up elsewhere.

Thats just me, I don't care for it.

Wouldn't be the first time Urban had 2 QBs on the field at once. He done it a lot with Tebow and Leak at Florida.