The Repub Debate

I'm not a conspiracy theorist either. My guess is Clinton never once told Trump to run. He's too smart for that.

What he probably did do was indirectly encourage him by feeding his narcissism. "You know, Donald, they just don't respect your ideas like they should." Kind of like pointing a Frankenstein Monster in the direction of your enemies and letting him shamble on over there by himself. It doesn't matter if he implodes in a week or wins the nomination; either way it ends up working for Hillary.

And pretending Bill did intend this––which we can't prove, but say he did. What does it say about the Republican Party that it worked? You have to tip your hat. If Bill poured honey in Citizen Trump's ear, it was a masterful strategy.

Wait...I missed this. It worked???

I didn't know the election was over.

If it DOES work, it doesn't say anything about the party other than they have a hard time all getting behind just one candidate.

Wait, so you endorse Planned Parenthood?

Of course. Along with 45% of the country. If you'll note the conversation above that qualifies Planned Parenthood as wildly popular.

Well for started, only 37% have a favorable opinion of PP, and in this recent poll, 53% of respondents had yet to see the disgusting videos, which would raise that unfavorable rating significantly.

http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

Also, here is a well written article discussing the changing dialogue on abortion in general following the PP videos.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/08/10/i-don-t-know-if-i-m-pro-choice-anymore.html

I'm not a conspiracy theorist either. My guess is Clinton never once told Trump to run. He's too smart for that.

What he probably did do was indirectly encourage him by feeding his narcissism. "You know, Donald, they just don't respect your ideas like they should." Kind of like pointing a Frankenstein Monster in the direction of your enemies and letting him shamble on over there by himself. It doesn't matter if he implodes in a week or wins the nomination; either way it ends up working for Hillary.

And pretending Bill did intend this––which we can't prove, but say he did. What does it say about the Republican Party that it worked? You have to tip your hat. If Bill poured honey in Citizen Trump's ear, it was a masterful strategy.

If it DOES work, it doesn't say anything about the party other than they have a hard time all getting behind just one candidate.

Exactly. The only way it works is if Trump becomes the actual nominee, which I don't see happening as more and more understand that the Donald is really a Democrat based upon his many past liberal views. Maybe he will switch soon and run on the Democratic side.

The bottom line is that there is a stigma with the GOP, and all the uneducated garbage in this country won't vote for GOP because of the damn MORAL issues. The uneducated left side only votes left because they don't support pro-life or anti-gay marriage etc. The uneducated right only votes right because they SUPPORT pro life and anti gay marriage.

I'm pretty hardcore conservative but when it comes to voting issues, and deciding who I like as a candidate. I have a priority list of things I want to see done first, second, etc.

The "moral" issues of Abortion, and Religious Freedom, and Gay Rights are way way way down my list. Because those aren't going to fix our damn national debt/country.

In my opinion the first level of getting this country back on track starts with our kids. Get rid of the Dept of Ed, and have no national educational standards. Then someone needs to put more emphasis on Phys Ed, and get this damn countries childhood obesity rate down. Tackle the childhood obesity, then the adult numbers in that category drop as well.

Cut gov't entities that aren't needed.

I agree with an awful lot of what you said.

Abortion, gay marriage...etc are nothing more that noise. Those issues don't mean squat in an election other than controlling the mind numbed bases on both sides.

It's sad that so many people vote based on those issues when the politicians on both sides really have no desire for those debates to ever go away. So, they have no motivation to change anything. Meanwhile we could be spending all that energy actually fixing something.

BRB - those single issues can be and should be more than noise to many people but they should not be the only noise or the loudest. Normally it is the economic/pocket book issues that steer the election one way or another. The single issues may persuade a voter between equally matched candidates. That is why I think you see a lot of single issue red meat thrown in a large field as this year's group. The repubs generally have similar economic views the only way to differentiate themselves is on the degree of support they may have on a social issue.

The ONLY reason why gay marriage, abortion...etc are even discussed is because the politicians want it discussed to solidify their base and eat up talking time to not have to discuss meaningful topics.

Neither of them should even be a political issue. That's how meaningless the discussion is.

I agree that these social issues play more in the primary process, with the left pushing gay marriage and pro-abortion agendas, and the right doing the opposite. When it comes to the general election, economic and foreign policy issues become front and center, but I would never diminish the importance of these social issues in driving turnout on either side. If a GOP candidate is very outspoken against gay marriage, you will see the Democratic candidate trying to use that as a way to fire up the base, and vise versa.

The bottom line is that there is a stigma with the GOP, and all the uneducated garbage in this country won't vote for GOP because of the damn MORAL issues. The uneducated left side only votes left because they don't support pro-life or anti-gay marriage etc. The uneducated right only votes right because they SUPPORT pro life and anti gay marriage.

I'm pretty hardcore conservative but when it comes to voting issues, and deciding who I like as a candidate. I have a priority list of things I want to see done first, second, etc.

The "moral" issues of Abortion, and Religious Freedom, and Gay Rights are way way way down my list. Because those aren't going to fix our damn national debt/country.

In my opinion the first level of getting this country back on track starts with our kids. Get rid of the Dept of Ed, and have no national educational standards. Then someone needs to put more emphasis on Phys Ed, and get this damn countries childhood obesity rate down. Tackle the childhood obesity, then the adult numbers in that category drop as well.

Abortion, gay marriage...etc are nothing more that noise. Those issues don't mean squat in an election other than controlling the mind numbed bases on both sides.

It's sad that so many people vote based on those issues when the politicians on both sides really have no desire for those debates to ever go away. So, they have no motivation to change anything. Meanwhile we could be spending all that energy actually fixing something.

BRB - those single issues can be and should be more than noise to many people but they should not be the only noise or the loudest. Normally it is the economic/pocket book issues that steer the election one way or another. The single issues may persuade a voter between equally matched candidates. That is why I think you see a lot of single issue red meat thrown in a large field as this year's group. The repubs generally have similar economic views the only way to differentiate themselves is on the degree of support they may have on a social issue.

The ONLY reason why gay marriage, abortion...etc are even discussed is because the politicians want it discussed to solidify their base and eat up talking time to not have to discuss meaningful topics.

Neither of them should even be a political issue. That's how meaningless the discussion is.

I agree that these social issues play more in the primary process, with the left pushing gay marriage and pro-abortion agendas, and the right doing the opposite. When it comes to the general election, economic and foreign policy issues become front and center, but I would never diminish the importance of these social issues in driving turnout on either side. If a GOP candidate is very outspoken against gay marriage, you will see the Democratic candidate trying to use that as a way to fire up the base, and vise versa.

Ummm....you basically proved my point. Your post has absolutely nothing to do with the actual validity of either side's argument on these moral/social issues. It had everything to do with voter turnout...etc.

That's all these people care about. The Republicans don't actually give a flying rip about reducing the number of abortions and the Democrats don't actually give a flip bout reducing the number of desperate women who turn to these services in dire need of help.

Both groups are important voting blocks. If one goes away, that reduces the number of votes for one side.

Of course. Along with 45% of the country. If you'll note the conversation above that qualifies Planned Parenthood as wildly popular.

Well for started, only 37% have a favorable opinion of PP, and in this recent poll, 53% of respondents had yet to see the disgusting videos, which would raise that unfavorable rating significantly.

Here's the poll I was looking at. http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/how-public-views-planned-parenthood-nra-n403451

It's more recent than your link. Feel free to cherry pick however you want . . . but you're not going to have much credibility if you keep providing inaccurate information like you did about Walker and now PP.

I think he meant "it worked" as in it got Trump into the race and the GOP base embraced his rhetoric.

I think he meant "it worked" as in it got Trump into the race and the GOP base embraced his rhetoric.

This happens in a lot of elections. Someone comes in flapping their mouth in a manner that someone from one side says....Ah....that's refreshing having someone actually just speak their mind. It's happened on both sides. This early in the election they get all the press because they are the ones saying the most outrageous stuff.

It won't mean much later and most people will get behind someone else.

Here's the poll I was looking at. http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/how-public-views-planned-parenthood-nra-n403451

It's more recent than your link. Feel free to cherry pick however you want . . . but you're not going to have much credibility if you keep providing inaccurate information like you did about Walker and now PP.

So for Walker, he's been up and down as I stated, and you can continue to harp on that, but the other polls I have provided are recent and accurate of what I was sharing about Kasich and Perry. Also, the poll i just cited was within 3 days of the poll you cited, so it's a stretch to claim that there is no credibility there. Did the NBC poll you cited state how many of hte respondents had seen the PP videos? If not, that is not telling the full story here.

This happens in a lot of elections. Someone comes in flapping their mouth in a manner that someone from one side says....Ah....that's refreshing having someone actually just speak their mind. It's happened on both sides.

What's the DNC equivalent of Trumpmentum?

I would say that Joe Biden is the Democratic equivalent of Trump...both blabber their mouths too much and get themselves in trouble. Perhaps that is why Trump wants Joe in the race.

Ummm....you basically proved my point. Your post has absolutely nothing to do with the actual validity of either side's argument on these moral/social issues. It had everything to do with voter turnout...etc.

That's all these people care about. The Republicans don't actually give a flying rip about reducing the number of abortions and the Democrats don't actually give a flip bout reducing the number of desperate women who turn to these services in dire need of help.

Both groups are important voting blocks. If one goes away, that reduces the number of votes for one side.

I think its disingenuine to suggest that many candidates running do not care about these social issues. You could say they don't care about any of the issues for that matter. While there are many politicians that are power hungry, I do feel there are many that feel they can truly make a difference in policy matters (social or economic) facing this nation. To suggest that many GOP candidates running are not truly upset by the PP videos (for example) is a stretch.

So for Walker, he's been up and down as I stated, and you can continue to harp on that. . .

That's not what you stated. You said that he was wildly popular. Now you're walking that back.

Also, the poll i just cited was within 3 days of the poll you cited, so it's a stretch to claim that there is no credibility there.

It's not a stretch at all. You definitely stated that my 45% number was wrong and that the correct number was 37%.

That was not correct.

This happens in a lot of elections. Someone comes in flapping their mouth in a manner that someone from one side says....Ah....that's refreshing having someone actually just speak their mind. It's happened on both sides.

What's the DNC equivalent of Trumpmentum?

In this election one hasn't come out possibly because they currently are the party in power (Whitehouse).

I don't remember all the names but I remember elections where very liberal candidates will be popular early but then fade for a more moderate (more electable) candidate to emerge.