KSU reaction to Callahan statement.

This was posted by Husker fan at large on the ksu site. Man this person hits it right on the head. Husker fan at larges post below.

Hold on a second, did I miss something?

I sifted through half of that, but it all started sounding the same.

Some points that I made to OU fans after the whole Hillbillies thing.

1. I don't care if you don't like our coach. That's probably a good thing because I really hate Bob Stoops and Ron Prince isn't sitting too well with me either.

2. Stop living in the past and comparing our new coach to the demeanor of the old coach. Let it go.

3. I'll defend Callahan because he represents my team. Should he use more tact? Sure. But he does say things we agree with as fans. It's a little refreshing.

4. We're not that classy all the time and I don't think we profess to be. Yes, we'll congratulate you if you win and applaud you when you leave the field, but when it's on and people take shots at us, we don't just sit there and take it. We'll defend ourselves. And if that isn't classy, then deal with it.

5. I do not relish the tarnishing of a rivalry (as the OU fans claimed), but he is our coach and so far his big flaw would be that he has a big mouth that doesn't sit well with other team's fans. Personally, unless he starts breaking the law, I really don't care. @#%$, Bob Devaney was no saint and he said a lot of stuff back when he was coach before Osborne (history lesson for you KSU fans!) that probably would make headlines and stir up discussions on message boards and people loved him here, too.

All the other teams in the conference keep saying derogatory things about CALLAHAN and the team - saying were going down hill, He's a sh**ty coach ETC. It's been my expierence in life if there's no threat you don't worry about little things. I think the rest of the conference suspects what the NEBRASKA fans know - IT"S GOING TO HAPPEN and I think after that 5-6 season everyone thought it was over. It seems like the other teams are in panic mode and running scared is where we want them. NEBRASKA won't be as bad as everyone thinks - They have alot of players back that are finally believing in the system and that was the problem the first 2 years along with solich's boys who quit the team GOOD RIDDANCE - CALLAHAN is getting the pieces of the puzzle that he needs, Then WATCH OUT IT'S GONNA HAPPEN. And as far as the comments he says, if that's the worse he's doing then so be it, I remember in the 70's seeing Bob Dvaney at sandbar parties on the missouri river with 18 year old girls drinking beer - No one said a word then. Creating a little drama and conflict is healthy otherwise we'd all be pretty boring, and I think EVERYONE has said something that has rubbed someone the wrong way even the people who are criticizing him. :restore2

What are mentally challenged friends south of the state line seem to forget is that the Fresh Prince of Stale Air fired the first salvo with his " Bill Callahan Who?" remark. They thought that was just genious personified and perfectly ok while they smirked about the Freeman coup. I think they pi$$ed our Irishman off.

I can't wait till we met on the field this fall. I hoping for a serious bloodbath :clap

What are mentally challenged friends south of the state line seem to forget is that the Fresh Prince of Stale Air fired the first salvo with his " Bill Callahan Who?" remark. They thought that was just genious personified and perfectly ok while they smirked about the Freeman coup. I think they pi$$ed our Irishman off.

I can't wait till we met on the field this fall. I hoping for a serious bloodbath :clap

I wouldn't count on it, we got lucky to beat them last year at home.

I can't wait till we met on the field this fall. I hoping for a serious bloodbath  :clap

yeah thats when they had a proven head coach at the helm. oh sorry i guess it was just luck that Congdon's field goal went through the uprights.. must have been the wind... or just luck that Beck hit a wide open nate swift to setup that field goal...

you need some anti-depressants or something.

I can't wait till we met on the field this fall. I hoping for a serious bloodbath  :clap

Hey Benard...

Were you that guy holding up the sign at the end of the '96 Fiesta Bowl that said,

"You shoulda scored 70. You guys suck!" :bounce