KSU reaction to Callahan statement.

KSU fans have nothing else to talk about...their team is going to be very good next year and so they have tear down another team and their coach to feel better.

Funny that they fail to realize that Freeman is a drama queen, prima dona who WAS afraid of the competition at NU. The truth must sting.

A part of me thinks that Callahan should ease off his "stingy" comments regarding JF, but then again, you're right...if the shoe fits. A some time, these 18-year olds need to step-up and be men of their word. It says something of a person's character when they renege on a commitment, especially so late in the game. We're better off without JF, IMO.

Dang. These KSU fans like to refer to the "throat-slashing" gesture. That's the worse they can come up with? It makes all of their ranting about BC quite comical. Personally, I think that BC is a CLASS ACT. If he occasionally gets heated and does a "throat slash" or calls fans F*** Hillbillies, so what?! If you look at his demeanor on the sidelines, he is generally cool as ice...but, boy...don't piss him off! I like that!

I'm a K-Stater, and the comments don't really rile me up. Smack talking is just part of the game. I would imagine every other team in our conference say the same thing about their opposition, only most of the smack never makes it to the papers. If anything, the comment only stokes the fires a bit for some offseason discussion. You know our b-ball teams are not going to do it, am I right? The only important thing to me is what goes down October 14th in Manhattan. It's the only thing. Probably most of you all would agree with me, right?

It sounds to me as if most of the Purple People would like to see Allan Everidge beat NU instead of Josh Freeman. Everidge is my choice. Although the Lopina kid out of DeLaSalle High out of Cali sounds as if he is making a case for the job.

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought about this for some time and I have the devil on one side and the angel on the other.

The devil says it's about time he have a coach that will fight back and public speak out against people who are "wrong doers" against NU. Callahans wiseass comments and actions are great. The wiseass in me loves it.

But the angel, the person with a larger view of society thinks Callahan is simply driving the wedge between him and some fans even farther away. Everytime I think Callahan has cleared his name, basically the time after a screw up (after the 04 season "it's only one season", throat slatch, and know these comments), he says something or does something to set him back.

My question is, was it really necessary to target a 17 year old kid and his family? Being someone who works with troubled youths on a daily basis, we should be so lucky for all teenagers to have both parents, two well educated parents as Josh has. At my job I call roughly 15-20 guardians a week, maybe 20% of the guardians I contact have the same last name as the child has. Some kids are "wards of the state", living with foster parents, or at state homes. I think Callahan could have picked a different target. I have no problem if Callahan bashed Freeman privately to his coaches, big time donors, the ad, I think it's only natural. When doctors are on break, they talk about blood gushing and "slicing" someone open and laugh about it. They need a release. SO do coaches. But public ....bad choice Callahan, just stick to X's and O's for now. But this in the end just add to the pile of garbage Callahan has created. In the end I just think these comments were uncalled for.

I've thought about this for some time and I have the devil on one side and the angel on the other.

The devil says it's about time he have a coach that will fight back and public speak out against people who are "wrong doers" against NU. Callahans wiseass comments and actions are great. The wiseass in me loves it.

But the angel, the person with a larger view of society thinks Callahan is simply driving the wedge between him and some fans even farther away. Everytime I think Callahan has cleared his name, basically the time after a screw up (after the 04 season "it's only one season", throat slatch, and know these comments), he says something or does something to set him back.

My question is, was it really necessary to target a 17 year old kid and his family? Being someone who works with troubled youths on a daily basis, we should be so lucky for all teenagers to have both parents, two well educated parents as Josh has. At my job I call roughly 15-20 guardians a week, maybe 20% of the guardians I contact have the same last name as the child has. Some kids are "wards of the state", living with foster parents, or at state homes. I think Callahan could have picked a different target. I have no problem if Callahan bashed Freeman privately to his coaches, big time donors, the ad, I think it's only natural. When doctors are on break, they talk about blood gushing and "slicing" someone open and laugh about it. They need a release. SO do coaches. But public ....bad choice Callahan, just stick to X's and O's for now. But this in the end just add to the pile of garbage Callahan has created. In the end I just think these comments were uncalled for.

Well put Eric and keeps things in perspective. I agree that the comment he made was funny, and albeit true, it can only be used to make him look bad. It may sound cool now, but he may want to tread lightly till he at least wins the North.

The devil says it's about time he have a coach that will fight back and public speak out against people who are "wrong doers" against NU.  Callahans wiseass comments and actions are great.  The  wiseass in me loves it. 

But the angel, the person with a larger view of society thinks Callahan is simply driving the wedge between him and some fans even farther away.  Everytime I think Callahan has cleared his name, basically the time after a screw up (after the 04 season "it's only one season", throat slatch, and know these comments), he says something or does something to set him back. 

My question is, was it really necessary to target a 17 year old kid and his family?  Being someone who works with troubled youths on a daily basis, we should be so lucky for all teenagers to have both parents, two well educated parents as Josh has.  At my job I call roughly 15-20 guardians a week, maybe 20% of the guardians I contact have the same last name as the child has.  Some kids are "wards of the state", living with foster parents, or at state homes.  I think Callahan could have picked a different target.  I have no problem if Callahan bashed Freeman privately to his coaches, big time donors, the ad, I think it's only natural.  When doctors are on break, they talk about blood gushing and "slicing" someone open and laugh about it.  They need a release.  SO do coaches.  But public ....bad choice Callahan, just stick to X's and O's for now.  But this in the end just add to the pile of garbage Callahan has created.  In the end I just think these comments were uncalled for.

Well put Eric and keeps things in perspective. I agree that the comment he made was funny, and albeit true, it can only be used to make him look bad. It may sound cool now, but he may want to tread lightly till he at least wins the North.

pretty bad when your coach publicly takes a shot at a 18 yr old kid.

:yeah Well put. People should respect honesty, actions and results, not positions. BC has done a lot to earn much respect over the last year, why tarnish his achievements over a 17 year old? I would hope he would be above actions like this.

It sounds to me like you're just putting too much thought into it. I love what Callahan said. He said what we all wanted to say. It's not like it's going to ruin the rest of Freeman's life. Freeman is 18 and therfore he's considered an adult. If he can't take a few comments like this then maybe football isn't the path he should pursue for the rest of his life.

It sounds to me like you're just putting too much thought into it.  I love what Callahan said.  He said what we all wanted to say.  It's not like it's going to ruin the rest of Freeman's life.  Freeman is 18 and therfore he's considered an adult.  If he can't take a few comments like this then maybe football isn't the path he should pursue for the rest of his life.

That's fine, but I work with the other end of the spectrum. To have two well educated paretns taking an active roll in his life shold be applauded, not bashed. Just my two cents, go big red

\I don't want to make this a cry for help to the youth of America, but Callahan should have found another avenue. I'll move on, this is a football forum.