My oath this football season....

mwj98

While we are talking about being a fan. I have a question. Some people just absolutely can not stand (hate) other teams fans who are fanatic about their team. Why? Isn't that what sports is all about and if everyone love the same team wouldn't that be boring?

But, there are those people who if they are around people who love their team as much as they love the Huskers, it just drives them crazy.

I have never understood that.

I don't have a problem with anyone that is deeply into something. Everyone needs a hobby. Some guys hunt, I have never been hunting in my life. Some guys are into cars, I drive a 1995 Ford F-150 I bought for 1500.00. Some guys are into the gambling aspect of sports, I haven't bet on a team since I was in college and have never done fantasy football. As I have grown older I have become a much bigger college football fan, not just a Nebraska fan. My hobby is watching college football.

If I allowed it and my wife would not get on me I could watch college football all day on Saturday from the first game at 10:30 in the morning till the last game is over at night. I just love watching it. I still will do this on some Saturdays.

When she really gets mad at me I usually just say I could be out hunting all weekend. That usually shuts her up.

Gotcha. How old are you by the way?

See, after I was born, my parents never drank and especially not in front of me until I was about 18. So I never had an experience that would really turn me off on the idea. I understand that the bible has some things to say about that and I don't really have an answer to that.

26. I never drank once before turning 21, because I spent all of that time absolutely despising alcohol. Never went to parties or lived the typical high school or college kid experience because I hated it so much and I refused to be around people I cared about when they were drinking.

I slowly came around and now I seriously love drinking, but have never been beyond the legal limit as far as I can tell. Just never had a desire to - I'm perfectly content with the amount of enjoyment I get out of things sober. I've always been the guy that friends always joke about being drunk because of my personality and enthusiasm :)

Gotcha, that's cool though. Everyone has their own choices to make. I'm 29 here in about a week.

I'm still gonna enjoy some beers. I'm still probably gonna have a lot of fun and get a little crazy with it. I just need to try to get better about not letting the losses piss me off too bad, and not coming to this message board to rant about it.

Listen to the Overreaction shows after the game. They're usually fun and it also helps you know that theres plenty of people making themselves look like idiots, I don't need to join the club.

I think a lot of my frustrations came from watching this team coached by Bo and Beck. Their incompetence was a huge source of frustration for me. I didn't get nearly as angry watching some of the losses in the past. I take more of an issue, not with the team losing, but watching a team lose the same way over and over, and never seeming to improve.

Hope those days are over. Should be a fun year guys. New start, fresh attitude. I'm gonna try to have the same approach.

I've never been drunk, which I'm pretty glad about because I think I could have become a pretty ugly sight a few years back if I had.

I used to let games affect my joy in the worst way, and after the 2009 Virginia Tech game I just made an internal decision to not let my mood be decided by an arbitrary game between boys. Since then, I've had a lot more fun as a fan.

95 Orange Bowl: Schlesinger 2nd Touchdown Run This made my Husker World all well - everything since as been candy on top of the cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2v3t_kqH3GE#t=18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2v3t_kqH3GE

This Oath seems very logical,responsible, and mature, and not nearly as much fun. Landlord's admission really shocked me. I didn't even know that was legal in Nebraska. Surprised he hasn't had a priest or two try to perform an exorcism or two to drive out the demons.

...What about drunk posting during games?

While we are talking about being a fan. I have a question. Some people just absolutely can not stand (hate) other teams fans who are fanatic about their team. Why? Isn't that what sports is all about and if everyone love the same team wouldn't that be boring?

But, there are those people who if they are around people who love their team as much as they love the Huskers, it just drives them crazy.

I have never understood that.

I don't have a problem with anyone that is deeply into something. Everyone needs a hobby. Some guys hunt, I have never been hunting in my life. Some guys are into cars, I drive a 1995 Ford F-150 I bought for 1500.00. Some guys are into the gambling aspect of sports, I haven't bet on a team since I was in college and have never done fantasy football. As I have grown older I have become a much bigger college football fan, not just a Nebraska fan. My hobby is watching college football.

If I allowed it and my wife would not get on me I could watch college football all day on Saturday from the first game at 10:30 in the morning till the last game is over at night. I just love watching it. I still will do this on some Saturdays.

When she really gets mad at me I usually just say I could be out hunting all weekend. That usually shuts her up.

I guess my perspective comes from being around Iowa and ISU fans after living in Iowa for 15 years. CU fans are an entire other bread. I fine with then one on one because I know some I can have fun with. As a group knowing what has happened at games...etc. I don't have much time for.

Iowa and ISU fans though....I can have a blast with them. Iowa fans love their team and think they have this long great winning tradition and being a Husker just drives them crazy because deep down they know we are better. ISU fans are fun because they know they suck and they just want to have fun.

When in college, the funnest week was OU week. Hated each other on in the stadium but after the game we always had a blast down town together.