Realistic Expectations...

BIG ERN

I'm guessing 8 wins. I think we'll lose to Miami, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Minnesota or Northwestern. I'm okay with that assuming we improve next year.

so we don't beat a single team with a pulse

Really no different than the last 7 seasons. Only, sometimes we'd beat a team we shouldn't only to follow it up by losing to a team we shouldn't.

Mike Riley is about doing things differently to try and get a different outcome. There's A LOT going against this team right now and it is what it is.

Zzzzz

I'm guessing 8 wins. I think we'll lose to Miami, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Minnesota or Northwestern. I'm okay with that assuming we improve next year.

I'm in the camp that thinks the 1st year is difficult. I believe I've always said I think we'll have 8 or 9 wins in year 1 and then get better.

Ha ha ha ha

I didn't know what to expect. Get a win and we'll go from there. I am disappointed that the penalties that killed our offense in years past were not cleaned up by the new coaching staff. When I read the defense had trouble communicating with each other it sounded like a repeat of last years excuses. The bottom line is someone didn't step up and make a play for NU when they needed one and they lost.

I didn't know what to expect. Get a win and we'll go from there. I am disappointed that the penalties that killed our offense in years past were not cleaned up by the new coaching staff. When I read the defense had trouble communicating with each other it sounded like a repeat of last years excuses. The bottom line is someone didn't step up and make a play for NU when they needed one and they lost.

there were a lot of guys standing behind the receiver who caught the winning pass......no one got beat deep, just piss poor defending....nothing else to say.

Really no different than the last 7 seasons. Only, sometimes we'd beat a team we shouldn't only to follow it up by losing to a team we shouldn't.

Mike Riley is about doing things differently to try and get a different outcome. There's A LOT going against this team right now and it is what it is.

Zzzzz

The truth of the matter is all the debbie-downers can either grow up and try to understand the situation we're in, or, continue wallowing in self agony. If the latter is chosen, go somewhere else and do it.

Want to beat a team with a pulse? When was the last time we did that, exactly? 2011 Michigan St.? We've spent the last several years beating teams that either finished below .500 or with 8-9 wins max.