Pierson-El Update?

ECoastHUSKR

Any chance of a medical redshirt?

I wouldn't think so since he played in 5 of our 12 regular season games. I think the cut off for a medical redshirt is 30% of contests or 3 games, whichever is greater. So I don't see him being eligible.

Source: http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/17/how-get-medical-redshirt.htm

Medical Hardship Requirements

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

• The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
  • The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
  • The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
  • The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful. Can't wait to have a healthy Pierson-El in the mix next fall. Hopefully we get to see him at the spring game!

On the sideline with no pads on? I see no need to play him in the spring game.

Yeah, I don't think he will participate in Spring drills. He needs to get 100% healthy and be ready for fall camp. No use having him go through Spring practice.

Beautiful. Can't wait to have a healthy Pierson-El in the mix next fall. Hopefully we get to see him at the spring game!

On the sideline with no pads on? I see no need to play him in the spring game.

Yeah, I don't think he will participate in Spring drills. He needs to get 100% healthy and be ready for fall camp. No use having him go through Spring practice.

Actually I think he needs Spring Ball. He is still developing skills as a WR, his proven worth was on STs as a Fr. He didn't get the full development or playing time last year to hone his craft as a WR under KW due to the injuries. Spring is a time for him to get work done in this regard. Maybe limit his reps in STs and/or the Spring Game, but I think he needs to be in the practices to get better just like I would any rising Jr. despite past level of production as this is usually a critical year in a player's development.