***Southern Miss Game Discussion***

FGs in a game record would be a great thing for NU today. Confidence boost for the young kicker.

Lesson to the offense about what failures look like on 3rd downs vs. a weak opponent. Sucks but learning does need to include by failure. Doing it and getting an easy win is better than doing it getting a loss ;)

No more FGs. We are 0-5 on third down. Third and short cost us the BYU game. Lets get it figured out.

FGs in a game record would be a great thing for NU today. Confidence boost for the young kicker.

Lesson to the offense about what failures look like on 3rd downs vs. a weak opponent. Sucks but learning does need to include by failure. Doing it and getting an easy win is better than doing it getting a loss ;)

Hopefully you are right.

Can't say I'm shocked by some of these negative comments, but it's getting a little ridiculous. We're up 22-0 at halftime people cheer up! This isn't a video game you can't score every possession, or average 20 yards a play. Personally, I'm happy with what I'm seeing on the field so far

Generally agree. Lots to like here. But I think the grumbling is because we know that it's not going to be as easy to move the ball in conference play. If we're struggling to punch it in against S. Miss, there is fear we'll be shutout against some of the stouter D's in the BIG.

Can't say I'm shocked by some of these negative comments, but it's getting a little ridiculous. We're up 22-0 at halftime people cheer up! This isn't a video game you can't score every possession, or average 20 yards a play. Personally, I'm happy with what I'm seeing on the field so far

I'm in a great mood, btw. Honest evaluation of plays isn't an emotional undertaking it's analytical.

What makes me most happy today? Husker football is on. We're at home. Winning. And playing a team that can't beat us :)

The only negative I can really complain about is settling for all these field goals. If we would have converted a few of them into TDs, we would have really blown the door open.

Generally agree. Lots to like here. But I think the grumbling is because we know that it's not going to be as easy to move the ball in conference play. If we're struggling to punch it in against S. Miss, there is fear we'll be shutout against some of the stouter D's in the BIG.

I understand where you're coming from, but let's not forget that Ohio State struggled to move the ball against Northern Illinois last week. Just because you play poorly one week doesn't mean that's how you'll look the rest of the season. In the words of Aaron Rodgers...Relax 5e9e2774-5437-4cc2-b9a3-94a0417172b3.jpg