Banker = Cosgrove

When a bunch of walkons are out preforming the guys on scholarship, that is a problem.

Why?

Because guys like Spencer Long shouldn't be playing football.... or something.

No, it just shows how poor the recruiting and roster management from 408 was. The last 5 years of recruiting and we have a converted TE that is our most productive player on the D-line. A fullback that did not carry the ball in the last 3 years and goes for over 100 all purpose yards, Freshman and walkons starting at LB. 408 left us with quite a mess.

When a bunch of walkons are out preforming the guys on scholarship, that is a problem.

Why?

Because guys like Spencer Long shouldn't be playing football.... or something.

No, it just shows how poor the recruiting and roster management from 408 was. The last 5 years of recruiting and we have a converted TE that is our most productive player on the D-line. A fullback that did not carry the ball in the last 3 years and goes for over 100 all purpose yards, Freshman and walkons starting at LB. 408 left us with quite a mess.

Oh... ok....

/Backs away slowly

Offenses have really come on in recent years. That's the danger of stats I guess, but the video game numbers that are commonplace these days...well, let's just say Cosgrove was a pioneer in the field :D

Except that most of the numbers put up on 408's defense were from the run, it kind of negates your point.

The numbers clearly show Cosgrove was a much better defensive coach than 408.

So Bo is responsible for 7 of the 10 worst defensive performances ever, and Cosgrove is responsible for 1.

I guess we should just be thankful that Banker =/= Pelini at this point.

I count 4 for Cosgrove

2007 Oklahoma st

2007 Ball st

2007 Missouri

2007 Texas

And yet 408 dominates the top of the board, embarrassing for the defensive genius, no doubt the reason he only could get a job at a college the equivalent of Doane,

Offenses have really come on in recent years. That's the danger of stats I guess, but the video game numbers that are commonplace these days...well, let's just say Cosgrove was a pioneer in the field :D

Except that most of the numbers put up on 408's defense were from the run, it kind of negates your point.

LOL.... No it doesn't.

Pelini's problem was that his scheme was so complex, that without elite talent, it suffered, and he didn't adapt. But the dude also coached one of the best defense we've ever had, without an offense to support it.

• Fire 1

Bh1YP5M.jpg

So do we update this list now? 3 out of our 4 games this year would be on it...

BYU - 7.10 YPP

Miami - 6.81 YPP

S. Miss - 7.05 YPP

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/team/463/total/defense/gamelog.html

Good lord...already 3 games on that list?

This is a "worst 26" list. 2 of this years games would make it.

It looks like 3 make it...unless I am reading it wrong.

But far down the list. Did you really think it would get a lot better when 95% of the players are whom 408 recruited. It will take time to replace them with some talent. It took Michigan St. 5 years, I think Banker and Riley can do it in 3.

But far down the list. Did you really think it would get a lot better when 95% of the players are whom 408 recruited. It will take time to replace them with some talent. It took Michigan St. 5 years, I think Banker and Riley can do it in 3.

Against worse teams....

And yes, if Pelini was the "worst DC of all time at Nebraska", then they should be getting vastly better results, simply by virtue of coaching.

• Fire 1

LOL.... No it doesn't. The spread option running teams are putting up crazy numbers, and balanced teams like Baylor have had 300-300 games.

Pelini's problem was that his scheme was so complex, that without elite talent, it suffered, and he didn't adapt. But the dude also coached one of the best defense we've ever had, without an offense to support it.

I think people do tend to forget that Bo's defense is pretty good with great talent. This is why I'm still a little surprised he didn't pull a Muschamp and go to a SEC team as a defensive coordinator. As long as he gets to just run the defense and someone else recruits the talent for him, he could be very successful as a SEC defensive coordinator.

• Fire 1

LOL.... No it doesn't.

That would be mostly Callahan and Cosgrove players. If his scheme was to complex, that is on 408 to change it, he did not and it is just another reason he sucked as a defensive coach. Have faith, Banker will fix this mess in a couple of years.

Against worse teams....

And yes, if Pelini was the "worst DC of all time at Nebraska", then they should be getting vastly better results, simply by virtue of coaching.

Sorry, his recruiting and mismanagement of the roster will take a little time to fix.

LOL.... No it doesn't. The spread option running teams are putting up crazy numbers, and balanced teams like Baylor have had 300-300 games.

I think people do tend to forget that Bo's defense is pretty good with great talent. This is why I'm still a little surprised he didn't pull a Muschamp and go to a SEC team as a defensive coordinator. As long as he gets to just run the defense and someone else recruits the talent for him, he could be very successful as a SEC defensive coordinator.

I think he was done with the spotlight for now (maybe forever?). Dude simply isn't cut out for high profile gigs.

• Fire 1

Against worse teams....

Sorry, his recruiting and mismanagement of the roster will take a little time to fix.

Disagree.

Against worse teams....

Sorry, his recruiting and mismanagement of the roster will take a little time to fix. The walkons may have to carry us until it can be done.