Banker = Cosgrove

If you are expecting all of a sudden in the next two weeks for our defense to be fantastic agains the run, then you might as well be disappointed right now. Things like this take time and it's not going to be fixed just all of a sudden in the middle of year one.

But...of course, others have said this and it sill doesn't sink in with some.

If you are expecting all of a sudden in the next two weeks for our defense to be fantastic agains the run, then you might as well be disappointed right now. Things like this take time and it's not going to be fixed just all of a sudden in the middle of year one.

Nor sure what the hell you're getting at. For one, we have done well defending the run. Our pass D is what terrifies me.

Secondly, I keep hearing every week that these things take time. No kidding. How many weeks does it take though? Seriously, what exactly is the time frame we are on here? I never said anything about a night and day turn around, I'm just looking for a couple steps in the right direction. So far we have just been shuffling our feet fixing the pass D.

If the conclusion is we simply cannot get better defending the pass this year because of talent, depth or some mythical time frame then I'm going to be highly disappointed with this season.

Oh, and as far as it not "sinking in", sorry I'm not willing to just lay back and accept that we have no talent on this team and defending any pass is impossible just cause.

• Fire 2

Nor sure what the hell you're getting at. For one, we have done well defending the run. Our pass D is what terrifies me.

Secondly, I keep hearing every week that these things take time. No kidding. How many weeks does it take though? Seriously, what exactly is the time frame we are on here? I never said anything about a night and day turn around, I'm just looking for a couple steps in the right direction. So far we have just been shuffling our feet fixing the pass D.

If the conclusion is we simply cannot get better defending the pass this year because of talent, depth or some mythical time frame then I'm going to be highly disappointed with this season.

Oh, and as far as it not "sinking in", sorry I'm not willing to just lay back and accept that we have no talent on this team and defending any pass is impossible just cause.

How many weeks? People these days are so impatient. How would you feel about an over/under at 104 weeks, or roughly the amount of time it takes for a coach to get his recruits on the field?

Could happen this week or it could be next year or the year after before these kids really get comfortable and knowledgable in playing this scheme. It was shown somewhere that it took MSU 5 years to really get good at it.

And, I don't believe we don't have talent in the back field. But, that doesn't mean all of a sudden they are going to play great in this scheme.

But...hey.....I'm making a note to expect you to be pissed off for the next 12-24 months.

How many weeks? People these days are so impatient. How would you feel about an over/under at 104 weeks, or roughly the amount of time it takes for a coach to get his recruits on the field?

"His recruits". That's the tiredest most worn out and worthless excuse on the books. It's not like they were playing volleyball last year and now they have to switch to football. We have talented football players. Good coaches know how to motivate talented football players to win games.

• Fire 5

Could happen this week or it could be next year or the year after before these kids really get comfortable and knowledgable in playing this scheme. It was shown somewhere that it took MSU 5 years to really get good at it.

And, I don't believe we don't have talent in the back field. But, that doesn't mean all of a sudden they are going to play great in this scheme.

But...hey.....I'm making a note to expect you to be pissed off for the next 12-24 months.

I wasn't expecting Nebraska's defense to be Top 25 at this point in the season, but when they're listed at:

Total Defense #102

Team Passing Efficiency Defense #102

Passing Yards Allowed #127 (LAST)

How can there be that many other teams better than Nebraska in those categories?

That's some concerning stuff. I could understand it's going to take some time to understand the scheme if they're listed in the 50's, 60's or even 70's in those categories. But listed last or near last? MSU wasn't giving up those type numbers when/if they were adjusting. In fact, it was more of MSU's offense that stagnated their team during that time more than anything.

I'm afraid Banker isn't a very good coach. One of the excuses we made about wanting Bo gone was his allegiance to hiring and keeping his buddies on staff. It looks like the same thing with Banker now. How long do we give him if these type of numbers persist? Maybe it'll all be fixed by the end of the year and Nebraska will improve. I guess we'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Fire 2

These 408 posts are getting real lame. We get it, Bo had some very bad games. Do we have to hear about it every time people try to make commentary about the CURRENT staff?

Well, some people need a schtick because they don't bring anything relevant to the conversation. Instead of trying to critically analyze, they'd rather bash the players, and not shift any of the blame to the guys getting paid millions of dollars.

How quaint.

I assume that you are singling me out, You try to dismiss what I bring to the table, which has included (facts, stats. and video) in the last few days to back up my points, just because you can't dispute it, you try to discredit and kill the messenger. As a poster, that is within bounds, as a mod. that is unprofessional. I will continue to bring facts to back up my solid points as needed.

"His recruits". That's the tiredest most worn out and worthless excuse on the books. It's not like they were playing volleyball last year and now they have to switch to football. We have talented football players. Good coaches know how to motivate talented football players to win games.

So you are saying the Michigan St. coaches all sucked when in the first year their defense was ranked in the 100's and by year five when they had their own guys in, they ranked in the top 10. Your statement is horse pucky!

• Fire 1

Listen......carefully.

Not.....asking.......for......a.........major.......turnaround......this......instant.

I just want to see improvement concerning the pass defense. If we have the talent to play even decent, as the season moves the players should improve.

I mean, thats how it works.

Why are we copping out now and saying "Well, they won't get better this year because Bo is still magically casting spells of evil to ruin Nebraska's secondary".

I'm not pissed off, merely annoyed that nothing appears to be getting done towards improving our leaky secondary. It gets old stating what my concern is, then immediately having someone jump up and cry that I'm not being patient enough. It's a problem we all see, there are steps to remedy this, lets do it. Nobody here expects us to go from first from last statistically, just move towards being respectable.

• Fire 1

Tell you what, this argument has started to feel repetitive and it's clear we're not going to change each other's minds (the Banker Sucks Team vs. the Give Him A Reasonable Amount Of Time Team). So why don't we just :cheers, get what pleasure we can from watching the rest of the season, and revisit this argument next year.

If we're still in this position next year at this time, I'll jump on board with you.

So you are saying the Michigan St. coaches all sucked when in the first year their defense was ranked in the 100's and by year five when they had their own guys in, they ranked in the top 10. Your statement is horse pucky!

You are trying to prove that Bo should be fired 4 games into Mike Riley's tenure. You kinda missed the boat.

MSU had crappy talent 1st year. It didn't matter whose recurits they were. When they got better talent to go with the better coaching, they got much better.

We have the same level of talent that won 9 games last year. If the coaching is better, we should at least get close to that record.

You are trying to prove that Bo should be fired 4 games into Mike Riley's tenure. You kinda missed the boat.

Uh! did not mention 408

MSU had crappy talent 1st year. It didn't matter whose recurits they were. When they got better talent to go with the better coaching, they got much better.

We have the same level of talent that won 9 games last year. If the coaching is better, we should at least get close to that record.

So let wait until the season ends and find out, shall we.