Banker = Cosgrove

Riley has bigger wins, bigger upsets, and competed against a Pac-12 schedule that a lot of Big Ten teams are probably thankful they don't have to see on a yearly basis.

Conference strength goes in waves......Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC have all had their ups and downs the past 10-15 years as has the B1G.

How are we going to do it? By winning back the fanbase, competing in big games, and recruiting recruiting recruiting. Mike Riley meets all those needs.

If you don't think much of the "fanbase" is currently EXTREMELY uneasy about Mike Riley, you're fooling yourself.

Yeah one guy on a message board who thinks Patterson would have left TCU for Nebraska is a large portion of the fanbase.

I didn't mention Patterson in that post. It was about Riley......you might even notice the name "Mike Riley" in the post itself.

How are we going to do it? By winning back the fanbase, competing in big games, and recruiting recruiting recruiting. Mike Riley meets all those needs.

If you don't think much of the "fanbase" is currently EXTREMELY uneasy about Mike Riley, you're fooling yourself.

Yeah one guy on a message board who thinks Patterson would have left TCU for Nebraska is a large portion of the fanbase.

I didn't mention Patterson in that post. It was about Riley......you might even notice the name "Mike Riley" in the post itself.

Yeah, but we all know you are all offeneded we didn't hire him.

I'm sure there is a chunk of fans who are in skyfall mode. Those fans also think we should win every game every season.

I think our defense is a joke right now, but it can only get better. I mean we are dead last so...

But I'm not going to come on here every day and complain that we didn't get Jerry Kill or Gary Patterson. Again, nut up. Mike Riley is our coach for the forseeable future. If you can't handle that, do what other jaded Husker fans do and pretend to be an OU fan.

I thought Riley was had this incredible eye for talent. Why would he even take this job if the talent level was so poor?

Seriously, "poor talent level" is not a good excuse for Riley's performance.

Riley said he was shocked when he looked at the depth chart the day after he was hired.
Link?

I thought Riley was had this incredible eye for talent. Why would he even take this job if the talent level was so poor?

Riley said he was shocked when he looked at the depth chart the day after he was hired.

[citation needed]

And.....speaking of Kill......you want to talk about a guy who's ACTUALLY done more with less. It ain't Mike Riley........

I like Jerry Kill (especially respect him for battling through epilepsy) but......

2011- 3-9 Big Ten 2-6 Lost to every ranked team they played including FCS ranked North Dakota State. Wins against Miami (OH) barely, Illinois and Iowa.

2012- 6-7 2-6 Beat Purdue and Illinois in conference that's it. All other wins were a very weak Non-conference schedule.

2013-8-5 4-4 Beat Northwestern, Nebraska, Indiana and Penn St. (sanctions?). Other wins were weak non- con.

2014-8-5 5-3 Beat Michigan, Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska, Iowa in conference. Other wins vs very weak Non- Conference.

When I say weak non-conference, I mean weak. Not BYU or Miami level even.

13 wins in Big Ten divisional play. A record built on beating weak Big Ten teams. Hmm...sounds familiiar to Pelini fans doesn't it?

You want to laud Jerry Kill's accomplishments at Minnesota but trash Riley's career at Oregon St. all the damn time? You sir have just made a joke of your entire argument.

Riley has bigger wins, bigger upsets, and competed against a Pac-12 schedule that a lot of Big Ten teams are probably thankful they don't have to see on a yearly basis.

Kill was coaching long before the Minnesota job. He's done an excellent job at Minny, but turned around programs before then.

Kill is well-respected but there's nothing about his record that pops. He's at a lower tier Big Ten school, they've been historically bad, and he's done a great job turning them around. But, True brings up a good point you neglect to address - Riley has bigger wins, upsets and played in a better conference. Your retort was he's 'turned around programs before then.' You can't ignore the history that negates your argument but then try to build up Kill's as if it's exponentially better, because it isn't.

Furthermore, you mentioned up above that his seizures haven't been an issue. They haven't? He's missed multiple games because of them and has had two seizures during actual games. As much as I respect Kill, and as nice as it is to hear he's been seizure free for some time, his health problems have been a major concern to the point where he thought about retiring. Trying to downplay them is like trying to say heat doesn't affect drought.

The most pathetic thing about all this is people are actually talking about who they want as a coach. Plus, just stop. It's embarrassing.

• Fire 2

Link?

If I had the ability to do a nexus search for all the articles quoting Riley over the last 13 months, I would. Or I could do like Saunders does and just say, I heard it from somebody....

Link?

If I had the ability to do a nexus search for all the articles quoting Riley over the last 13 months, I would. Or I could do like Saunders does and just say, I heard it from somebody....

Find it hard to believe you don't have every word MR has ever said carved into your skin or at least written down somewhere.... :leghump:

Link?

Find it hard to believe you don't have every word MR has ever said carved into your skin or at least written down somewhere.... :leghump:

Are you looking to get me a roll on "Blind Spot"

Link?

C'mon mr "facts, stats, and videos" let's see a source. I even tried searching those terms via google and came up dry. So, let's see it.

Link?

C'mon mr "facts, stats, and videos" let's see a source. I even tried searching those terms via google and came up dry. So, let's see it.

I saw Riley say this too, actually. It was in one of his recent press conferences. Maybe the Monday one following Southern Miss? Can't remember for sure, and I didn't see it written in any article, but he definitely said recently that they were shocked when they looked at the lack of depth in certain positions on the depth chart the day after he took the job.

And.....speaking of Kill......you want to talk about a guy who's ACTUALLY done more with less. It ain't Mike Riley........

I like Jerry Kill (especially respect him for battling through epilepsy) but......

2011- 3-9 Big Ten 2-6 Lost to every ranked team they played including FCS ranked North Dakota State. Wins against Miami (OH) barely, Illinois and Iowa.

2012- 6-7 2-6 Beat Purdue and Illinois in conference that's it. All other wins were a very weak Non-conference schedule.

2013-8-5 4-4 Beat Northwestern, Nebraska, Indiana and Penn St. (sanctions?). Other wins were weak non- con.

2014-8-5 5-3 Beat Michigan, Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska, Iowa in conference. Other wins vs very weak Non- Conference.

When I say weak non-conference, I mean weak. Not BYU or Miami level even.

13 wins in Big Ten divisional play. A record built on beating weak Big Ten teams. Hmm...sounds familiiar to Pelini fans doesn't it?

You want to laud Jerry Kill's accomplishments at Minnesota but trash Riley's career at Oregon St. all the damn time? You sir have just made a joke of your entire argument.

giphy.gif

Kill is well-respected but there's nothing about his record that pops.

If you don't think anything pops about his W/L progression at MiniHaHa, I suggest you ignore Riley's record at OSU during the same timeframe.

Don't be argumentative just to be so. The idea that Kill is somehow a better option than Riley is opinion at best and isn't well-supported by the evidence at hand when you consider their entire careers, not just cherry-picked data that fits a tailored argument.

Fair or not, his health concerns are one of his biggest drawbacks, and even if he wanted to move on to a bigger program, it may hold him back.

All that said, who cares in the first place? We have Coach Riley and he's been given an opportunity here, and after four games, some of you would rather talk about coulda, woulda, shoulda's. Get a grip and grow up. Do some of you jump ship this easily with other aspects of your life? It's like some fans have a plinko board to determine their mood for the day.

• Fire 1

Kill is well-respected but there's nothing about his record that pops.

If you don't think anything pops about his W/L progression at MiniHaHa, I suggest you ignore Riley's record at OSU during the same timeframe.

Don't be argumentative just to be so. The idea that Kill is somehow a better option than Riley is opinion at best and isn't well-supported by the evidence at hand when you consider their entire careers, not just cherry-picked data that fits a tailored argument.

Fair or not, his health concerns are one of his biggest drawbacks, and even if he wanted to move on to a bigger program, it may hold him back.

All that said, who cares in the first place? We have Coach Riley and he's been given an opportunity here, and after four games, some of you would rather talk about coulda, woulda, shoulda's. Get a grip and grow up. Do some of you jump ship this easily with other aspects of your life? It's like some fans have a plinko board to determine their mood for the day.

:yeah