Banker = Cosgrove

These 408 posts are getting real lame. We get it, Bo had some very bad games. Do we have to hear about it every time people try to make commentary about the CURRENT staff?

Well, some people need a schtick because they don't bring anything relevant to the conversation. Instead of trying to critically analyze, they'd rather bash the players, and not shift any of the blame to the guys getting paid millions of dollars.

How quaint.

I assume that you are singling me out, You try to dismiss what I bring to the table, which has included (facts, stats. and video) in the last few days to back up my points, just because you can't dispute it, you try to discredit and kill the messenger. As a poster, that is within bounds, as a mod. that is unprofessional. I will continue to bring facts to back up my solid points as needed.

Oh, you mean your anecdotes? We have the worst passing defense in the country. Tell me with a straight face that it's solely due to our lack of talent, and it's not due to scheme/coaching.

Also, I've done nothing other than point out you would rather trash our players, instead of holding the coaches (who make millions of dollars) accountable. Any perceived slights beyond that is on you.

These 408 posts are getting real lame. We get it, Bo had some very bad games. Do we have to hear about it every time people try to make commentary about the CURRENT staff?

Well, some people need a schtick because they don't bring anything relevant to the conversation. Instead of trying to critically analyze, they'd rather bash the players, and not shift any of the blame to the guys getting paid millions of dollars.

How quaint.

I assume that you are singling me out, You try to dismiss what I bring to the table, which has included (facts, stats. and video) in the last few days to back up my points, just because you can't dispute it, you try to discredit and kill the messenger. As a poster, that is within bounds, as a mod. that is unprofessional. I will continue to bring facts to back up my solid points as needed.

Oh, you mean your anecdotes? We have the worst passing defense in the country. Tell me with a straight face that it's solely due to our lack of talent, and it's not due to scheme/coaching.

Also, I've done nothing other than point out you would rather trash our players, instead of holding the coaches (who make millions of dollars) accountable. Any perceived slights beyond that is on you.

Facts, stats, video, can not be refuted. You say I do not bring anything relevant to the conversation, my guess I that plenty on the board would disagree. I do not believe it is solely our lack of talent, just 85% of it. The men who make millions will do fine as the season and their careers progress. 408 stole millions without producing anything, we can give the current staff plenty of leeway before they ever get to his level.

Facts, stats, video, can not be refuted. You say I do not bring anything relevant to the conversation, my guess I that plenty on the board would disagree. I do not believe it is solely our lack of talent, just 85% of it. The men who make millions will do fine as the season and their careers progress. 408 stole millions without producing anything, we can give the current staff plenty of leeway before they ever get to his level.

There are teams across the country with far, far less talent (fact) that are producing far, far better passing defense results (again, fact), so logically, it stands to reason that coaching/scheme is the major reason why we are struggling.

This isn't something you can invalidate with your "factsopinion, *stats* and videos"

How quaint.

I'm not sure it's 85%.

It's probably 50-50. We don't have the talent to work Bankers scheme. And Banker is using a scheme not conducive to the players talent.

• Fire 1

How quaint.

I'm not sure it's 85%.

It's probably 50-50. We don't have the talent to work Bankers scheme. And Banker is using a scheme not conducive to the players talent.

Right, which is why I put it on the coaches to adjust the scheme. We heard all offseason how they were good at adapting to talent, and how they would mold the scheme to work with what we have.

Langsdorf and the offense has done it, quite efficiently.

Banker? Nope...

• Fire 1

There are teams across the country with far, far less talent (fact) that are producing far, far better passing defense results (again, fact), so logically, it stands to reason that coaching/scheme is the major reason why we are struggling.

This isn't something you can invalidate with your "factsopinion, *stats* and videos"

Something like 37% of the players that are on that Athlon link for Nebraska are not even on the team anymore. And another 20% or so haven't even contributed. I think we need to account for that

How quaint.

I'm not sure it's 85%.

Right, which is why I put it on the coaches to adjust the scheme. We heard all offseason how they were good at adapting to talent, and how they would mold the scheme to work with what we have.

Langsdorf and the offense has done it, quite efficiently.

Banker? Nope...

Perhaps they thought the DB's were better than they were.

Something like 37% of the players that are on that Athlon link for Nebraska are not even on the team anymore. And another 20% or so haven't even contributed. I think we need to account for that

It was the first list I grabbed. I can find loads of others, but the fact remains, we're nowhere near the bottom of the country in talent.

I thought Riley was had this incredible eye for talent. Why would he even take this job if the talent level was so poor?

Seriously, "poor talent level" is not a good excuse for Riley's performance.

Just curious.

Who do you purpose, realistically, should be the coach right now for Nebraska that would have had more immediate success with the players that are on the team?

It was the first list I grabbed. I can find loads of others, but the fact remains, we're nowhere near the bottom of the country in talent.

The problem with these lists is that it is only taking into account who we have signed. Not who is actually still on the team. And who has become a contributor.

I mean, 4 star Adam Taylor makes our class ranking look really good until you realize he has contributed exactly 0 carries.

They are putting 2 guys in there that signed with Nebraska that went to play pro baseball instead.

The list of these types players is longer than it should be.

I thought Riley was had this incredible eye for talent. Why would he even take this job if the talent level was so poor?

Just curious.

Who do you purpose, realistically, should be the coach right now for Nebraska that would have had more immediate success with the players that are on the team?

TOM OSBORNE!

• Fire 2

Just curious.

TOM OSBORNE!

Osborne was only 1-1 playing in CCG's. That's not up to Nebraska Standards

Curious, has Banker really said anything about the pass defense? Like anything at all about what they intend to do to fix it? Not being a smartass, seriously wondering.

The last definitive quotes was after the USA game and Davie got roasted for 8 completions on 11 his way. Comments alluded to "we had some things we could've done, could've rolled help over the top, but wanted to guys to work through it. They have to get those 50-50 balls"....... Fast forward to Miami and Davie again gets roasted. Davie gets pulled and the board (some) are ecstatic. Davie is out and we are about to unleash on Southern Miss. They simply throw for almost 500 yards. Half in the 4th quarter, against what seemed like every DB on our roster and some lucky fans who got to come on down......

Banker and Stewart have both made comments. To date, nothing has changed (although Riley did say they adjusted coverage during Southern Miss IIRC).

After reading descriptions of quarters and how it "should" look per MSU, it is much more complex than I would have thought. Definitely not high school. However, not so complicated that we are dead last in pass defense.... Dead last........ That is complete and utter BS. Banker might need to truly scale back the "learning" and make sure the guys get the basics.... Seeing multiple players get burnt for deep balls (50-50 balls) tells me the guys aren't getting the basics. Throw in completely different LB's, DL, and DB's form week to week and we are resembling a sh!t show on D. Its a perfect storm of schematic issues (learning/coaching), injuries and the guys learning.

Variations of Cover 4

• Regular Cover 4
  • Robber
  • 2 Read or Cover “44”
  • Quarter Quarter Half
  • Hard Cover 2
  • Inverted Cover 2
  • And other quarters coverage variations

More.......

Each team will use quarters coverage in different ways, and the will likely do it different from week to week.

That means your defense should have a large menu you pick from, but each week you should only bring in a few adjustments. However, because you’ve been practicing all these adjustments and checks since your spring or summer practices, you’ll be well positioned to show different looks each week, or whatever matches up best. This gives you options, something many coverages don’t give you

Rest here:

http://strongfootballcoach.com/use-quarters-coverage-football-dominate/

• Fire 2