Answer this truthfully!

eoltmer

Answer the following honestly: Would you view a .600 annual season record were your only loses of the season by less than 7 points each game a success or a failure?

Now would you view a .750 annual season record with your loses being blowouts on a consistent basis a success or failure?

This is the conundrum that this program is at. I don't pretend to know the future but having experience coaching I am willing to give Reily his contract to work towards improving. There is deep underlying issues with this program that will take more than 1 season to cure. I'll watch to see if we can get constant progress this year as the expectations have been lowered by the early losses. The product on the field is what I'll evaluate at seasons end. As always GBR!

I could handle the losing if, the coach's were not being out coached game in and game out. this goes to play calling, clock management etc. I am interested to see how the coaches do in recruiting. I am sure other coaches that are in on the same players we are, are using the caliber of play we've seen against us.

Answer the following honestly: Would you view a .600 annual season record were your only loses of the season by less than 7 points each game a success or a failure?

Now would you view a .750 annual season record with your loses being blowouts on a consistent basis a success or failure?

This is the conundrum that this program is at. I don't pretend to know the future but having experience coaching I am willing to give Reily his contract to work towards improving. There is deep underlying issues with this program that will take more than 1 season to cure. I'll watch to see if we can get constant progress this year as the expectations have been lowered by the early losses. The product on the field is what I'll evaluate at seasons end. As always GBR!

Both scenarios are failures. We should be better.

TRUE!! So TRUE!!!

Blow out losses are NOT acceptable to any team or program, although if we played this year's national champs, it would be unreasonable to expect anything more than to keep the loss from being over 6 touchdowns.

I would prefer competitive games against all opponents and while losing a bunch of games is disappointing and based on our 5 decades of good football, we may feel embarrassed somewhat. But blow out losses are downright shameful. We need to avoid the blow out losses if possible. They may not be within our control. We are in the process of completely retooling and rebuilding from the ground up. I personally feel we need to see how the next two games go. If we don't win one, then I feel we need to immediately look to the future and play returning players and sit the seniors to sub in late in games, unless they are likely NFL draftees. I would let them play half games at least to keep their draft stock apparent.

We fired a high dollar coach with a bunch of wins and too much baggage to resurrect the program with the goal of championships once again. To do this, we must build up talent and experience to exceed our competition. Sitting seniors and playing younger back ups now will make them better for the future seasons.

We haven't had the answer at head coach since 1997.

I think everyone would agree Frank being fired was a joke. 58-19 record with seasons of 12-1, 10-2, 11-2 (went to NC).

All I want is a conference championship. 16 years is unacceptable

Frank's record wasn't the problem. His off field issues and lack of recruiting was. If he was as good as we want to think ghe could have been, why is he still at Ohio?

Frank's only off field issue was Steve Pederson. The rest was propaganda spread by the same Steve Pederson. And Frank was a good recruiter. He had top ten classes in 2000 and 2001, and his '04 class was ranked #14 on Rivals the day he was canned.

Again, then why wasn't he snatched away from Ohio like 10 years ago?

I think everyone would agree Frank being fired was a joke. 58-19 record with seasons of 12-1, 10-2, 11-2 (went to NC).

Nobody that has a clue will think this it was a joke. He was handed the keys to a Porsche of a program while being handed talent like Eric Crouch and Bobby Newcombe and turned that program into a beat up Pinto lead by Joe Dailey who couldn't win the starting QB job at Duke. Take away the first four years with TO's talent and Franks record shows that he didn't belong coaching at a place like NU and a small school where you don't have to recruit like Ohio is perfect for coaches like him and Bo.

Frank's record wasn't the problem. His off field issues and lack of recruiting was. If he was as good as we want to think ghe could have been, why is he still at Ohio?
Frank's only off field issue was Steve Pederson. The rest was propaganda spread by the same Steve Pederson. And Frank was a good recruiter. He had top ten classes in 2000 and 2001, and his '04 class was ranked #14 on Rivals the day he was canned.

Exactly, if Frank was worth a dam, a program like an Iowa State or at that level would have taken a chance on him. His problem is that he allowed the program to get lazy and entitled. Kind of like how a lot of this fanbase is acting. I could also some of the stuff that he allowed former coaches to get away with, one who has had a good career at NDSU, but I won't.

Nobody that has a clue will think this it was a joke. He was handed the keys to a Porsche of a program while being handed talent like Eric Crouch and Bobby Newcombe and turned that program into a beat up Pinto lead by Joe Dailey who couldn't win the starting QB job at Duke. Take away the first four years with TO's talent and Franks record shows that he didn't belong coaching at a place like NU and a small school where you don't have to recruit like Ohio is perfect for coaches like him and Bo.
You do realize that the formation of the big 12 and the limiting/disallowing of partial and non qualifiers had a huge impact on recruiting?

It's one of the big issues that led to TO retiring when he did.

Same could be said about Riley.

I don't think Frank is some amazing coach...but some guys don't want to leave...They love where they are at and they are not chasing the same exact things that other coaches are chasing.

Honestly...if Riley could be 2-3 at OSU or 2-3 at NU right now, I bet he picks OSU.

The grass, for some people, is not always greener. Especially for Frank who I imagine has all the money he could ever need.

Same could be said about Riley.

No, it couldn't. He was in line for several jobs and turned them down.

Frank hasn't been turning offers down. You really are grasping at straws now huh?

Exactly, if Frank was worth a dam, a program like an Iowa State or at that level would have taken a chance on him. His problem is that he allowed the program to get lazy and entitled. Kind of like how a lot of this fanbase is acting. I could also some of the stuff that he allowed former coaches to get away with, one who has had a good career at NDSU, but I won't.

It's a BS argument. Frank was 60 years old. Nebraska is the only school that hires old hasbeens (and the only one that fires 9 win coaches). Besides, Frank never tried to leave Ohio. He took them places they had never been. He's by far the best coach they ever had. And they appreciate him.

Frank was a good coach. Firing him was probably the biggest mistake ever made in the history of college football. It's the reason we are where we are today.

Everything is recruiting with you AF. You know you still have to coach right? Something your beloved Callahan never did. As far as Franks recruiting goes you do remember that almost all of Franks assistants were 65 years old until Stevie wonder made him fire them and bring new assistants in. We will never know what would of happened if Pederass wouldn't have fired Frank after one year with his new assistants.

Everything is recruiting with you AF. You know you still have to coach right? Something your beloved Callahan never did. As far as Franks recruiting goes you do remember that almost all of Franks assistants were 65 years old until Stevie wonder made him fire them and bring new assistants in. We will never know what would of happened if Pederass wouldn't have fired Frank after one year with his new assistants.

Plus, Frank's recruiting wasn't that bad. He had top ten Rivals classes in '00 and '01 and he was sitting at #14 on Rivals the day he was fired. His average class ranking for his career was better than Callahan's, even with a couple very small (and therefore) poorly rated classes. Frank left Callahan a ton of players that would go on to sign NFL contracts, and a lot of the free agent contract guys would've been draft picks if they'd had more siuccess on the field. Callahan owes those guys a lot of money.

It's a BS argument. Frank was 60 years old. Nebraska is the only school that hires old hasbeens (and the only one that fires 9 win coaches). Besides, Frank never tried to leave Ohio. He took them places they had never been. He's by far the best coach they ever had. And they appreciate him.

Frank was a good coach. Firing him was probably the biggest mistake ever made in the history of college football. It's the reason we are where we are today.

This just proves that you really are uneducated on the subject. Especially with that last line.