Riley/Langsdorf's Offense is Callahan 2.0

Anytime someone says that 1 player lost a game is a complete moron.

It seems many on this board are complete moroons

I do my best to educate the weak of mind and I will try again here. Pay attention for those that need to. Class is in session.

So lets take the premise that no one player can lose a game. Its a bulls#!t idea, but lets play along.

If a player can't lose a game, then conversely,a player can't win a game. So here we go.

A basketball player that hits a buzzer beater did not win the game.

A baseball player that hits a walkoff homerun did not win the game.

A punt returner that runs one all the way back on the final possession did not win the game.

A runningback that makes a fantastic run, breaking tackles and scoring the final touchdown of a tied game did not win it.

A defensive back that makes an interception to save a td that would have lost the lead in the final seconds did not win the game.

I could go on and on but Moroons sometimes have a hard time with school.

So, a receiver that drops a soft pass in his hand in the endzone on the final play did not lose the game.

A running back that fumbles going into the endzone for a game winning score did not lose the game.

A kicker that misses an extra point (Texas) can not lose a game.

A Qb that throws and interception when he could have thrown it away can not lose a game.

A basketball player that has a turnover while driving for a game winning layup can not lose a game.

Players lose games all the time, in the pro's it gets them benched or cut and can cost them millions of dollars.

I've done all I can here, hope that helps.

Lol.

I think you had better keep the name calling to a minimum, since you have displayed that you have no idea how team sports work.

What is the old saying, "it's better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt," or something to that effect.

But by all means, keep throwing players under the bus. Stay classy.

I knew you were one of those that never paid attention in class. You should really read it again, you might learn something and I would give you extra credit.

You're right (for once), I didn't pay much attention in class. But that didn't stop me from graduating with honors.

So, enlighten me, what exactly are you attempting to say?

I find it comical that people use Callahan and Cozgrove as their examples of poor offense and defense when Bill's offense was better than Frank's or Bo's and Bo's defenses put of 7 of the top 10 worst performances in school history. That doesn't mean that Bill/Coz didn't suck but I find it funny that just because TO picked Frank and Bo that they get a pass. When the truth is that all three sucked (with most of the blame going to Frank for putting us in this situation in the first place) and it isn't looking good for this staff at the present time either.

the current defensive staff's statistics are actually far worse then Cosgrove's. How was that possible? Tommy with his inconsistency and all still makes these offensive coaches look better then they are.

I am not happy that Riley threw Tommy under the bus over that third down play. If he only wanted to run the ball, call a trap play or jet sweep. don't blame the kid for your mistakes as a coach.

Wise up! Riley/Langsdorf called a Qb bootleg sweep, the next safest play in football next to a kneel down in victory formation. Tommy mucked it up. It is just that simple. He falls down and the game is over. It was the correct call for the situation.

then he should have been told to just fall down...

BTW, that one play call wasn't the reason we lost, it was a whole games worth of bad calls and a staff being out coached (again).

I find it comical that people use Callahan and Cozgrove as their examples of poor offense and defense when Bill's offense was better than Frank's or Bo's and Bo's defenses put of 7 of the top 10 worst performances in school history. That doesn't mean that Bill/Coz didn't suck but I find it funny that just because TO picked Frank and Bo that they get a pass. When the truth is that all three sucked (with most of the blame going to Frank for putting us in this situation in the first place) and it isn't looking good for this staff at the present time either.

What?

Solich's offenses at Nebraska scored an average of 4 points per game more than Callahan's. And about 10% of Callahan's points were scored in the last 3 minutes of games that were already decided. Take those away and Solich's offenses were a full TD per game better.

And W/L record is what counts. That's why people use these guys as examples. Frank and Bo had really good W/L records. Callahan and Riley do not.

Take away the first four years when Frank was handed National Championship talent and pissed it away. Crouch and Co won in spite of him for his first 4 years. They left and all of a sudden we had to beat McNeese State to make a bowl game in 2002. That isn't a coincidence. Frank and Bo were handed a lot better talent than Bill and Mike were and that isn't debatable.

There is absolutely no possible debating the matter: Frank won with Tom's talent and furthermore Frank did NOT recruit. He was the worst recruiter of all coaches in Nebraska since at least the 1950s. Callahan inerited almost nothing talent wise by comparison to all the other coaches being discussed. Even Devaney inherited a few players in '62. Frank turned down Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, Danny Woodhead (a Nebraska kid who rewrote rushing record books and I believe is still in the NFL after attending Chadron State. Reggie Bush called Frank and Frank said he wasn't a running back but could walk on as a Safety or corner. LOL

Callahan recruited talent such as Suh, etc. We didn't have enough on defense and Cosgrove was unable to guess right enough to slow opponents down.

Anytime someone says that 1 player lost a game is a complete moron.

It seems many on this board are complete moroons

I do my best to educate the weak of mind and I will try again here. Pay attention for those that need to. Class is in session.

So lets take the premise that no one player can lose a game. Its a bulls#!t idea, but lets play along.

If a player can't lose a game, then conversely,a player can't win a game. So here we go.

A basketball player that hits a buzzer beater did not win the game.

A baseball player that hits a walkoff homerun did not win the game.

A punt returner that runs one all the way back on the final possession did not win the game.

A runningback that makes a fantastic run, breaking tackles and scoring the final touchdown of a tied game did not win it.

A defensive back that makes an interception to save a td that would have lost the lead in the final seconds did not win the game.

I could go on and on but Moroons sometimes have a hard time with school.

So, a receiver that drops a soft pass in his hand in the endzone on the final play did not lose the game.

A running back that fumbles going into the endzone for a game winning score did not lose the game.

A kicker that misses an extra point (Texas) can not lose a game.

A Qb that throws and interception when he could have thrown it away can not lose a game.

A basketball player that has a turnover while driving for a game winning layup can not lose a game.

Players lose games all the time, in the pro's it gets them benched or cut and can cost them millions of dollars.

I've done all I can here, hope that helps.

Lol.

I think you had better keep the name calling to a minimum, since you have displayed that you have no idea how team sports work.

What is the old saying, "it's better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt," or something to that effect.

But by all means, keep throwing players under the bus. Stay classy.

I knew you were one of those that never paid attention in class. You should really read it again, you might learn something and I would give you extra credit.

it must be a pesky problem when reality always gets in the way of your facts...