Was Bo just lucky last year?

The teams Bo beat had a combined winning record of 50-63 (.442). The teams he lost to had a combined record of 39-14 (.736). The teams Riley has beaten so far have a combineD record of 6-4 (.600). The teams that he has lost to so far have a combined record of 10-4 (.714). So far, every team that Nebraska has played has a winning record, which doesn't mean much right now obviously. Just something to look at.

What about overall? This is not Riley's first year as a HC

It is here and that's what matters

Yeah...and here he is under .500 which is even worse than his career record.

C'mon. You are an educated person. It's been 5 games.

The teams Bo beat had a combined winning record of 50-63 (.442). The teams he lost to had a combined record of 39-14 (.736). The teams Riley has beaten so far have a combineD record of 6-4 (.600). The teams that he has lost to so far have a combined record of 10-4 (.714). So far, every team that Nebraska has played has a winning record, which doesn't mean much right now obviously. Just something to look at.

C'mon. You are an educated person. It's been 5 games.

I love Riley...I think he is not only going to get it done but get in done in a big way. But you guys started the comparison.

I have coached for a long time...Luck in always involved...good and bad. But 7 years of 9 wins can't be all luck (good or bad).

This is Bo. He beat weak teams, and sometimes beat a good team, and sometimes got curb stomped by good teams. He was consistent. On the other hand MR is less consistent. Once every 10 years he will win 10 games, a couple times in 10 years he will win 3 games. Neither should be HC at Nebraska. I can see the logic behind hiring Bo. A proven DC at major programs, he was headed to the NC game when he was hired. For MR, I see no logic in bringing a career 500 coach here.

Very doubtful....If he couldn't stop the run with NU athletes what makes you think he could do it with Purdues?

This is Bo. He beat weak teams, and sometimes beat a good team, and sometimes got curb stomped by good teams. He was consistent. On the other hand MR is less consistent. Once every 10 years he will win 10 games, a couple times in 10 years he will win 3 games. Neither should be HC at Nebraska. I can see the logic behind hiring Bo. A proven DC at major programs, he was headed to the NC game when he was hired. For MR, I see no logic in bringing a career 500 coach here.

Isn't this what we fired frank for?? and he went to a Title game as well

Very doubtful....If he couldn't stop the run with NU athletes what makes you think he could do it with Purdues?

Does it work that way? Riley is at NU with better players now and is doing worse...soooooo?

Does it work that way? Riley is at NU with better players now and is doing worse...soooooo?

Why wouldn't it work that way. You're wanting to compare someone else's record at a different program with less resources. We'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't think Bo wouldn't have lost to BYU, Miami, and not been a tight game against southern miss

Why wouldn't it work that way. You're wanting to compare someone else's record at a different program with less resources. We'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't think Bo wouldn't have lost to BYU, Miami, and not been a tight game against southern miss

Right, but we actually have proof of how Riley did at another program. The only proof we have of Bo is at NU and YSU (I think they are 1-3 or 2-2).

No, I don't think Bo would be 2-3 right now. Do you?

Bo was 3-3 in his first 6 games as HC at Nebraska. Riley has the opportunity to match that record this week.

Bo could have been a good coach. Well, let me rephrase that. He is a good coach. That is where he needs to be...a position coach. He was absolutely horrible at managing a program. He was a good enough coach to win enough that he got 7 years. Problem was, his ego got in the way of him growing as a program manager. That same ego drove him to alienate himself from the two groups that could have saved his job here...(media and fans).

This entire vendetta that it seems like some people have about ....."well, some fans acted like this when Bo was here so I'm going to act like this while Riley is here...." is getting really old and it makes those particular fans look like a 5 year old little girl that is mad at her best friend for not letting her play with her favorite doll.

Right, but we actually have proof of how Riley did at another program. The only proof we have of Bo is at NU and YSU (I think they are 1-3 or 2-2).

I think a Bo coached team would have been run out of the building at Miami. BYU was probably a toss up. And Bo is known for losing a game a year that he shouldn't. Would it have been Illinois? Maybe not. But the alternatives to Illinois are even less appealing.

Bo was 3-3 in his first 6 games as HC at Nebraska. Riley has the opportunity to match that record this week.

Exactly! So they are kind of the same. Hopefully after this weekend they will be exactly the same!

I think a Bo coached team would have been run out of the building at Miami. BYU was probably a toss up. And Bo is known for losing a game a year that he shouldn't. Would it have been Illinois? Maybe not. But the alternatives to Illinois are even less appealing.

I 100% agree with you...But Bo is also "known for" winning at least 9 games a year? Right? So if you want to use the "losing to a team he shouldnt" which I agree with and it totally fair, I think you also have to use the "He wins at least 9 games" right?

We would have a better record than 2-3 if our old coach were retained. I am not saying he should have been retained, because we all know he was an unprofessional ass... He needed to go, but we could have made a hire that would not have us at 2-3 and very possibly 2-4 after this weekend. As far as luck, our former coach didn't get as many calls for being an A-1 jerk on the sidelines and had the ball bounce the wrong way too many times to be considered "lucky".

So in this situation are we pretending that BYU, Illinois, and Miami are the same as a Texas Tech (Ranked 7th) with Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree, a Missouri team (ranked 4th) with Chase Daniel, and Virginia Tech who had Tyrod Taylor? I'm the furthest thing from a Bo supporter, I wanted him gone after the 2013 season, but let's use some context here.