Edsall Out at Maryland

Mavric

I never understand why these coaches don't hang it up at 60-65. I mean Spurrier has been averaging good 7 figures for the last 20-30 years and he's got to be beyond financially secure. Why not enjoy retirement while you can? He's 70 and probably only got 5 more years of golf in him.

Should be interesting offseason as USC, Illinois, Maryland and I am sure some other P5 schools will have coaching changes.

Any predictions - Auburn, SCar, VT, Miami?

If Illinois continues to play well Cubit could very well stay.

Auburn- would be a terrible move to fire Malzahn.

SCar- Could see it happening, but Spurrier has brought them more success than they've ever had so it'd be a bad move

VaTech- They looked good this season and then their QB got injured. I feel like Beamer will coach there forever

Miami- They need a coaching change

Auburn--Depends on who they can get/bring in with their dirty $EC money. Malzahn is probably gone, but I agree--it's not a smart move. But $EC schools were never accused of being smart.

South Carolina--Yup, looks more like they pulled the trigger and allowed Spurrier a graceful exit instead of saying he was fired.

VTech--Beamer is there for life if he wants.

Miami--Yup. Al Golden almost lost to us after we spotted them a 17-point head start at home.

USC--They're gonna be competing with Auburn and Texass for top-tier names...like Chip Kelly when the Eagles can him.

Texass--Don't be fooled. Strong is gone at Texass unless he wins out...and even then, the old dirty Texass money boosters aren't exactly fans of ethnically-diverse leadership, so it may not matter.

Nebraska--God, we could only hope we're on this list if the season continues to go down the drain like it has.

Illinois--Yeah, Cubit has the job if he makes a bowl. Could see him doing well there, to be honest.

Maryland--I'd like to say Bo Pelini, but I doubt we'd be so lucky as to get his buyout off our books.

Harbaugh is only that high this year because of a signing bonus. He normally would be 5 mil.

Seems like Dantonio is under paid and Ferentz is over paid, although he might earn his money this year.

Maybe Harbaugh is overpaid too.

Big Ten coaches in 2015 pay:

Michigan: Jim Harbaugh — $7,004,000
Ohio State: Urban Meyer — $5,860,000
Penn State: James Franklin — $4,400,000
Iowa: Kirk Ferentz — $4,075,000
Michigan State : Mark Dantonio — $3,671,520
Nebraska: Mike Riley — $2,700,000
Minnesota: Jerry Kill — $2,500,000
Northwestern: Pat Fitzgerald — $2,490,858
Wisconsin: Paul Chryst — $2,300,000
Purdue: Darrell Hazell — $2,140,000
Maryland: Randy Edsall — $2,110,848
Indiana: Kevin Wilson — $1,312,277
Rutgers: Kyle Flood — $1,260,000
Illinois: Bill Cubit — $916,010

auburn firing malzahn is a real thing people think is going to happen?

If they follow the same model as they did with Chizik, probably.

Chizik won the NC going 14-0. Then he went 8-5 and then 3-9 and got canned.

Malzahn went 12-2 and lost in the NCG. Then he went 8-5. He is currently 4-2 so he is ahead of Chizik but anything can happen.