Glass half empty or half full?

All of you need to take a step back, chill the hell out, and realize Riley and Co r playing with a whole team they did not recruit. Bo was a horrible recruiter who's best players were often JUCO transfers. This team is full of good but not great players. Could our record be better with a few plays that could have gone our way? Sure. But we have no difference makers on both sides of the ball and many underestimate just how much we relied on Ameer last year for offense.

We all knew this was going to be a tough year. While this is worse than most thought, to mark a coach as a failure after 6 games without a single recruiting class of his own is foolish at best.

Goodness these losses have nothing to do with the talent. These coaches are making the same gaffes they made in their Oregon St. days. What you're seeing is what you're going to get. Tough year is an understatement we are 2-4 and our best win this season is a single digit victory against Southern Miss

Really? Talent plays no part in this? Who's our go to on offense? We need 5-10 yards, who r we drawing a play for? Please, fill me in because I see no difference makers on this team. Where r the NFL guys on defense? We rip Bo for crappy recruiting yet blame riley for all of this? At some point you need to realize the squad currently out there is average at best and no coach can win every game with this squad. We have a QB who is erratic, no receivers with a speed or size advantage, ditto for RB. An O line that's neither quicker or stronger than D Lines. An ok to marginal D line, suspect linebackers and a secondary so weak they have to play the pass over the top instead of under the throw because they aren't tall, fast or strong enough to hold their own.... But yeah it's totally the guys fault who has been here for 6 games

All of you need to take a step back, chill the hell out, and realize Riley and Co r playing with a whole team they did not recruit. Bo was a horrible recruiter who's best players were often JUCO transfers. This team is full of good but not great players. Could our record be better with a few plays that could have gone our way? Sure. But we have no difference makers on both sides of the ball and many underestimate just how much we relied on Ameer last year for offense.

We all knew this was going to be a tough year. While this is worse than most thought, to mark a coach as a failure after 6 games without a single recruiting class of his own is foolish at best.

Goodness these losses have nothing to do with the talent. These coaches are making the same gaffes they made in their Oregon St. days. What you're seeing is what you're going to get. Tough year is an understatement we are 2-4 and our best win this season is a single digit victory against Southern Miss

Really? Talent plays no part in this? Who's our go to on offense? We need 5-10 yards, who r we drawing a play for? Please, fill me in because I see no difference makers on this team. Where r the NFL guys on defense? We rip Bo for crappy recruiting yet blame riley for all of this? At some point you need to realize the squad currently out there is average at best and no coach can win every game with this squad. We have a QB who is erratic, no receivers with a speed or size advantage, ditto for RB. An O line that's neither quicker or stronger than D Lines. An ok to marginal D line, suspect linebackers and a secondary so weak they have to play the pass over the top instead of under the throw because they aren't tall, fast or strong enough to hold their own.... But yeah it's totally the guys fault who has been here for 6 games

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite have a look and tell me how talent played such a big factor against Illinois, BYU and Wisconsin. The only team that comes close is Miami and they are one of the worst coached teams in the nation. If you can't see the coaching mistakes by this "experienced" staff then I'm convinced you and I aren't watching the same team.

• Fire 1

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite have a look and tell me how talent played such a big factor against Illinois, BYU and Wisconsin. The only team that comes close is Miami and they are one of the worst coached teams in the nation. If you can't see the coaching mistakes by this "experienced" staff then I'm convinced you and I aren't watching the same team.

I'm glad you answered none of my questions yet supply a link to ratings given to 17-18 year old kids out of high school. That's great, I'm convinced we aren't watching the same team. Because while I'm watching a team with no difference makers on the field you must think were top 25 based off some web site who says we have top 25 talent. Let me know how that goes when you talk college football to non husker fans. I sincerely hope they take your word that this team is good because some website says their mean recruit ranking is 25, yet never shows up on actual game day.

This coaching staff has made mistakes, but let's not kid ourselves, we have no players on this team that would allow us to compete consistently with the top 30 programs today.

Yeah, it's Bo's fault he left Riley players that could only win 9-10 games under Bo. Bo should've left Riley players that would've gone undefeated under Bo. Then maybe Riley could win 6 with them.

Yeah, it's Bo's fault he left Riley players that could only win 9-10 games under Bo. Bo should've left Riley players that would've gone undefeated under Bo. Then maybe Riley could win 6 with them.

Man. Riley was touted as a really good coach.

I may have to rethink my stance on canning Bo now. Seems like he was a great coach, considering how he won as many games as he did with out any players whatsoever.

I'm glad you answered none of my questions yet supply a link to ratings given to 17-18 year old kids out of high school. That's great, I'm convinced we aren't watching the same team. Because while I'm watching a team with no difference makers on the field you must think were top 25 based off some web site who says we have top 25 talent. Let me know how that goes when you talk college football to non husker fans. I sincerely hope they take your word that this team is good because some website says their mean recruit ranking is 25, yet never shows up on actual game day.

This coaching staff has made mistakes, but let's not kid ourselves, we have no players on this team that would allow us to compete consistently with the top 30 programs today.

I gave you evidence that this team has talent. But yes, just go ahead and blow it off like it's nothing. Keep pretending that Riley and his staff don't have a history of being a highly penalized team and have a history of poor clock management. Two things that they have carried into this program. This isn't a dumpster fire Riley was taking over, this team consistently won 9 games the last 7 years, and with proper coaching could have won a lot more. This is supposed to be an experienced staff, but they're making worse decisions than pee wee football coaches would make. Sorry, but I have seen this garbage first hand when Riley was coaching the Chargers, he manages to find a way to lose...good coaches don't do that.

Well, ironically, tommy was playing it seemed through the first four games like an honest to God quarterback (not just a running back taking snaps). We do have some decent receivers. We have decent D linement. We have several decent O linemen but not a full complement of five unfortunately. Our linebacker play is improving despite injuries to those who were apparently our best. The secondary is really struggling. I believe we lack talent but more importantly we lack good coaching there. I think our secondary guys have had some many different coaches that they don't know who or what to believe. I am afraid we have to change secondary coach again next year - we must get a good one for sure. Whatever it costs. I think our special teams play has been VERY disappointing and needs dramatic improvement. We have a super punter and mediocre place kicker. Our coverage and returns games suck! We apparently have nobody who is willing to catch and return punts. There are windy days and punts are hard to field in the wind - I know as I have done it myself. You just practice and get your butt out there and do it.

The problem is that losing close like this can really get into a teams psyche and become a big mental thing. Even for fans it gets that way. I was happy to Jano score like that but I knew there was way too much time left.

The offense lost this game though. They did nothing in the second half. I knew they were in trouble when they didn't score in the third quarter

I will keep cheering for them but if they don't beat Minnesota I think their confidence will be destroyed