So we burn a redshirt to kneel kick offs... Interesting. ?

Taylor21

It made absolutely no sense whatsoever to pull his redshirt six games into the season. They just wasted Stevenson's entire Freshman season. Coaches should have told him "no way".

How does a player dictate if he plays? Is this serious? Did Stevenson request to play and Riley granted that request? That's absurd, if true.

A player certainly has the right to say "I want to preserve my redshirt and NOT play this season". But a player can't dictate that he gets in the game. If he's the best player at that position AND he wants to play (doesn't care about the redshirt year) then you play him. Is he really the best kick returner we have?

The other bad thing about burning the redshirt is it makes it a little easier for him to transfer since he can use his redshirt the first year and not lose any eligibility.

If he's the best at his position and the team needs him to be on the field, burn the redshirt. Otherwise, keep him out of the games and use the redshirt.

It made absolutely no sense whatsoever to pull his redshirt six games into the season. They just wasted Stevenson's entire Freshman season. Coaches should have told him "no way".

How does a player dictate if he plays? Is this serious? Did Stevenson request to play and Riley granted that request? That's absurd, if true.

A player certainly has the right to say "I want to preserve my redshirt and NOT play this season". But a player can't dictate that he gets in the game. If he's the best player at that position AND he wants to play (doesn't care about the redshirt year) then you play him. Is he really the best kick returner we have?

The other bad thing about burning the redshirt is it makes it a little easier for him to transfer since he can use his redshirt the first year and not lose any eligibility.

If he's the best at his position and the team needs him to be on the field, burn the redshirt. Otherwise, keep him out of the games and use the redshirt.

I think this is what JS is thinking and he's probably shopping a transfer school as we speak. :zoom

Sounds like an over reaction here. To me it was about getting a new player out onto the field, getting his first action of college football, and it was on kickoffs. First game ever. I don't see a problem with that. I think we will see more of him moving forward, even in the backfield.

• Fire 1

Now we play a freshman who was a big time recruit and people are mad.. clear as mud guys

Burning a redshirt to get a first down on our last offensive series would be considered "playing" and worth it.

Burning a redshirt to watch the ball sail into the end zone a couple of times is not worth it.

Single game myopia.

Jordan Stevenson will clearly get more chances to return the ball and if he provides a spark on a unit that has not done well in that area this season, it's worth it. If he can work his way into the RB rotation as the year goes on (and that's no sure thing), even better. That is exactly what DPE did.

There's no reason to mothball the guy if he's ready to see the field, and ST are important, too. It may lay the groundwork for more successful final three seasons, as it has done for countles others who played as true freshmen but weren't all stars.

If he's as good as Badger fans hoped he would be, he won't be playing his senior season, he'll be playing on Sundays.

I wish we could have kept him. He would have come in handy with our top two running backs out.

• Fire 1