What if?

Amac3309

An honest question for everyone wanting the coaches fired after 6 games. Is your vitriol based on the record?

So what if:

1) The hail mary gets knocked down

2) Illinois receiver drops the last pass

3) Wisconsin kicker misses again

So we sit at 5-1, yet literally nothing has changed in terms of the way the kids have played or the coaches have coached.

Do your opinions still stand?

• Fire 3

If that were all true, I think we'd be much happier, obviously, to be sitting at 5-1, But. realistically, it wouldn't mask the issues. However, we would probably look at it like, "Hey, we're destiny's darlings, nothing's going to stop us" Ohio State had about 6 or 7 close wins when they won it in 2002.

I would be a hell of a lot more optimistic about finishing out this season with a winning record.

Truth is, after the Miami game I kinda assumed this season was going to get rough. By all rights we got blown out in that game, the OT finish was like putting a bowtie on a dog turd.

2016 is our season to turn this turd into something special.

• Fire 1

Everyone would have a different opinion or attitude. If he was winning close games it would be...

"Wow, look at how this staff does everything it can to win close games...Bo never won a close game, not once, don't bother posting old scores. Also, it is amazing that Riley can win these games with a team that looks like they just fought at Gettysburg, seriously, I did not realize that Bo left the team in this kind of shape, so what if Wisconsin was playing a FS at RB and a freshmen at TE and a walk-on at QB, they are not as bad off as us, no one is, ever. I can't wait to see what it looks like when Riley gets HIS guys in here, wow, the future is bright guys. Also, did you see that flag that RIley got, sure it sucked but he was sticking up for his team, so that is okay"

And you know what...that is what WINNING does...it makes "everything" better. And I wish we were 5-1 or 6-0.

An honest question for everyone wanting the coaches fired after 6 games. Is your vitriol based on the record?

So what if:

So we sit at 5-1, yet literally nothing has changed in terms of the way the kids have played or the coaches have coached.

We'd be the most overrated team in the top 25.

• Fire 3

So what if:

The issues with your What if's are that NU probably wins the game if it manages things better, especially for the BYU & Illinois games. The offense just needed to gain one first down against Wisconsin and couldn't get it done, and then the defense gave them no resistance allowing Wisconsin to drive in FG position at the end of the game.

So what if:

You forgot Tommy hitting the TD pass in OT vs thug ;)

Good question you ask.

I don't want Mike fired and honestly my opinion would be no different since I'm a definitely not a w/l tells the true full story person. I'd think this team needs lots of talent maturity and upgrading. Also, some of the coaching needs to get better (pass D, 3rd down conversions, clock mgmt).

• Fire 1

So what if:

1) What if Ferdinand hadn't gotten in the car that day in June of 1914?

2) What if JFK didn't trust Bobby Kennedy to handle the Cuban Missile Crisis?

3) What if the 14-Part Message had been delivered on December 6th, 1941, instead of the 8th?

Answers:

1) WWI may not have started.

2) Roaches would be debating games instead of us.

3) Pearl Harbor would have not happened the way it went down.

Quit with the "what ifs". Everytime I hear someone say, "What IF" I think of this:

• Fire 1

So what if:

The issues with your What if's are that NU probably wins the game if it manages things better, especially for the BYU & Illinois games. The offense just needed to gain one first down against Wisconsin and couldn't get it done, and then the defense gave them no resistance allowing Wisconsin to drive in FG position at the end of the game.

That's exactly the point of my what ifs, I agree coaching has probably cost us a few games, so what if the coaching was the same but it didn't cost us those games.

So what if:

We'd be the most overrated team in the top 25.

Prob like the last few years with our wins over Wyoming and McNeese St, looking back we had some false hope.

So what if:

Opinions:

1) Whew we escaped that one

2) Jeez that was terrible play calling, AND WHAT WERE WE THINKING PASSING IT ON THAT 3RD DOWN!?! Lucky we got away with that win.

3) WE BEAT WISCONSIN! Our pass defense is terrible but who cares we beat Wisconsin!

The mood would be better because of our record. However, you'd still have to look at the context and see that we aren't coached well and aren't a good team and would be very fortunate to escape with those wins.

A better "what if" is if the HC was Scott Frost would you be as pissed about the record as you are with coach Riley?

...or do you cut him a break...

We'd cut him more of a break because he's a first year head coach. Riley is catching a lot of flack and rightfully so because he's been coaching forever and is making horrible coaching mistakes. That's the reason a lot of us are frustrated

• Fire 2